“The Chestershire Mayfair Hotel is a jewel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #13 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“The Chestershire Mayfair Hotel is a jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Outstanding staff, warm, friendly, helpful. Whenever I am in London I will stay at this hotel. Cozy bar. Great location, could walk to most of the places I wanted to visit, including the theater. Good food. Hotel is kept in pristine condition. The rooms are a little small, that is why I gave four stars instead of five.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you want to spoil yourself in London but without breaking the budget then this is the hotel to choose. The environment, location, decor and most importantly, the staff, made our stay memorable. Nothing was to much trouble. The rooms are not large but very clean. The breakfast was excellent. If we come back to London then we will come back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Blackboys, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I am due to go back to visit this stunning Hotel in a few days, but just wanted to write this review to remind myself of just how beautiful my stay was back in January. I stayed for 2 nights as I was on a course for 2 days.

As The Chesterfield is situated in Central London, I arrived very late after work and one of the porters was kind enough to inform me that they would be able to sort out parking my car (in the NCP car park ) for me in the morning, which meant I got an extra hour's lie in.

The room I was in, was stunning and luxurious, the staff are incredibly polite and couldn't do enough for me and the group I was with. To be honest, its been many months, since I slept in such a beautifully comfortable bed and I had the best nights sleep ever.

I am so looking forward to going back at the end of this week to luxuriate in the beautiful bath and the beautiful bed.

Thank you all at the Chesterfield Mayfair, can't wait to see you all very soon. <3

Room Tip: Sort out cost effective parking if you are driving into Central London as it is quite Steep.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this fantastic review of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that your stay with us in January has left a lasting impression with you and that you will be returning to the hotel again in the next few days. I am delighted to learn that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly and that my porter was able to assist you with your car parking. My Executive Housekeeper will be thrilled to know that you found your room to be beautiful and that you had a great night’s rest in our comfortable beds.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel very soon.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

-3 nights
-Business trip with my grandfather
-Classic king/twin room

Excellent breakfast
Fine food and drinks

Negative points:
Small rooms
Small bathrooms with unpractical shower systems
Horrible views (see pictures)
Room service (example: a plate of pasta served with small pots of ketchup and mayonnaise(!?!), without Parmesan, without bread, without water...for a 4-star hotel in Mayfair (!?!?). Breakfast in our room at 5:45am was poor: 2 mini croissants, 3 toasts, with jam and....ketchup and mayonnaise).

Conclusion:
We're usually deceived by four-star hotels in London. However, I would like to give this hotel another chance.
My grandfather will stay at the Sofitel next time.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly throughout your stay, as our service is something we take great pride in. My Food and Beverage Manager will be delighted to hear that you found the breakfast to be excellent and that you appreciated the variety of the food and drinks available as well.

I was disappointed to hear that on this occasion we did not meet all of your expectations. The Chesterfield Mayfair is a historic building from the 18th century and we have a variety of room categories. I would recommend that in future you speak directly to our reservations team who can give you the best advice which room will suit your requirements.

I hope we will have the opportunity of restoring your faith in The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Nothing really special about this hotel. Most of the taxis drivers don't know about this hotel and you need to show them the address. Service was okay. Room was quite small. We had the junior suite and still no sofa, just two small and uncomfortable chairs. Bathroom, on the other hand, was quite good. Did not have room service because room was too small.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us; we truly value the opinions of our guests.

Whilst I am pleased to learn that you found our staff to be hospitable and the bathroom to be excellent, I am disappointed to read that the room was not the best size for you. As a boutique hotel we have a variety of room categories and would recommend that in future you speak directly to our reservations team who can give you the best advice which room will suit your requirements.

I am grateful that you have posted a review of your experience as we always appreciate the opportunity of maintaining and improving our services.

Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Chesterfield Mayfair has impeccable service, good breakfasts, fantastic location. The standard room was very small. We had a reservation that included an upgrade if possible but it turned out that they did not upgrade us.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel to fellow TripAdvisor users.

I am pleased to learn that our location was convenient for your London stay and that breakfast in Butlers Restaurant was indeed a great way to begin your day. I am sorry to learn that the room size did not live up to your expectations, as a listed building we have rooms that vary in decor and in size and it is always best to speak directly to the hotel to arrange the most suitable room for your stay.

We love to offer our guests upgrades when availability allows us and unfortunately as your reservation included an upgrade subject to availability, we were not able to honour it on this occasion. Thank you for your kind words regarding the impeccable service that you experienced during your stay, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of my team here.

Thank you for contacting us about your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We have visited the Chesterfield many times now and just returned from another superb stay. The hotel is in the best possible location rooms great service excellent we would never stay anywhere else in central London

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you continue to return to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that you love our central Mayfair location. Thank you for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced, I will be sure to share your review with all of my team here.

We are always ready to welcome you at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!