“Festive cream tea” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #11 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Essex london
“Festive cream tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Lovely Christmas atmosphere on arrival staff very polite creamtea very nice good selection of sandwiches freshly baked scones tasty cupcake chocolate log festive tart small taster of mulled wine a nice treat

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Greek first
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here with family for a couple of days of festive christmas shopping. The rooms are small but beautifully furnished. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and helpful. The concierge booked a couple of restaurants for us and gave some great tips on local hang outs. The hotel is located on a quiet street, but within easy access of shopping and the tube.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that we were the perfect location for a Christmas shopping trip to London. All of our rooms are unique and decorated by our president and founder Mrs Beatrice Tollman and I am thrilled that you found the decor to be beautiful. Thank you for your kind words regarding our helpful staff, especially the concierge team who ensured you made the most out of your London trip. I will be sure to thank them on your behalf.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett
Barnstaple, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A beautiful hotel in Mayfair, Great service. Good freshly cooked breakfast, friendly staff, busy atmospheric bar. Good attention to detail, including bed turn down & fresh towels. Really good find & reasonably priced for Mayfair so close to Christmas! Would recommend & return. Thank you to all the staff for a lovely if not short stay! Vey quiet given its location. Room was quite compact but had everything we needed.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent pre Christmas stay with us and that you loved the festive atmosphere throughout the hotel. Breakfast in Butlers Restaurant is a great way to start your day and I am glad that you found the food to be delicious. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield and I am thrilled that you appreciated our added touches throughout your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding the great service that you experienced.

I hope to welcome you to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Oliver Raggett
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My favourite part of this hotel was the bar, loved it, friendly, humming, comfy and not over priced. Bed in room was very comfortable and the basics work, good shower, well placed mirror, warm floor etc. Very clean, staff were friendly and helpful. I will go back

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am glad that you loved our Terrace Bar and found it cosy and the perfect spot to relax with a drink. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the room to be well appointed and the beds to be comfortable. Thank you for your kind words regarding the helpful and friendly staff; I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield
Mayfair Hotel soon.

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Not impressed for the price. The location is just ok, a bit removed from where I tend to spend time when in London. But that I knew before booking. I did expect more of the hotel itself, though. I found the room shabby and small. The window had a crack, there was a crazy mirrored wall, and the decor was very tired. We had no cold water initially and the sink did not drain. This wax fixed, but no compensation - even a small cookie or something - was offered. The restaurant was eye-poppingly expensive so we didn't try it. There was an issue flushing the toilet. I've experienced the same problem at another hotel in London owned by the same chain and was told that this is a common issue with older buildings (not an excuse if you are charging 5-star prices). Disappointing

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a fantastic hotel, the room was nice and big. Fresh flowers were in the room. Location was about 15 to 20 minutes from most things, the staff were very helpful also. Breakfast was included in the rat as well, breakfast was really good too. We had room service at least twice as well. fish n Chips were very good. Most nights we got a small gift in the room. We also did high tea. That wad nice. Scones and desserts very tasty. Some of the rooms are older but very nice.

It is a family owned hotel. At tea, we saw the owner if the small chain having tea and conducting business.

I also loved the pictures of all of the dogs around the hotel.

I can't wait to go back and visit.

Room Tip: Try and get a bigger room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your terrific review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our location to be ideal, with the main London sights within walking distance of the hotel. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy room service and found the food to be delicious, especially our home made scones. The Chesterfield Mayfair is a family owned hotel and I am thrilled that you felt at home in our boutique hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Mayfair area is lovely neighborhood centrally located in London and The Chesterfield fits right in. Our room was spacious, handsomely decorated with two full bathrooms, we were generously upgraded to a suite! The staff was inviting, helpful and extremely accommodating some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. Check in/out was a breeze. I highly recommend The Chesterfield and hope to be returning soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if possible.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our central Mayfair location to be ideal. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the room to be well decorated and that you appreciated the larger room. Thank you for your kind words regarding the helpful and friendly staff that you experienced; I will be sure to pass on your comments to all of the team here.

I look forward to you joining us again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!