“An outstanding hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #11 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
somerset
“An outstanding hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Just spent two wonderful days at this hotel and couldn't fault it. An initial difference between our booking agency and the type of room booked, resulted in the most generous upgrade to a fabulous suite, Bed linen was of the highest quality, towels and robes the thickest and fluffiest imaginable and a fantastic supply of lovely Elemis bath goodies made us feel completely spoilt.
Breakfast was excellent - really good coffee - and brought to our room by a most charming girl. The service throughout the hotel was immaculate and really welcoming. Can't wait to save up our pennies for another visit!

Room Tip: Our room was on the fifth floor and very quiet but not sure which way we were facing. All rooms are...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this terrific review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were so impressed with the hotel. My Executive Housekeeper will be happy to learn that you appreciate the high quality of linen and toiletries that we use in the rooms, especially the luxurious bathrobes.

I am also glad to know that you found the breakfast to be delightful and the coffee to be exactly what you needed to begin your day. Thank you for highlighting the friendly and warm service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to share your thoughtful words with my team.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I love this hotel. I come to London a lot, and I always end up back at this hotel. It's friendly, it's cute, I love the location in Mayfair. I love the bathtubs, which I always lounge in. I love the friendly staff. I love the Red Carnation way of giving you a special treat every night--sometimes it's a chocolate, sometimes it's some bath salts. I'm not over-the-top in love with their room service menu, but you've never seen a group of people hustle up to your room faster. On top of this, it always seems to have rooms going at a really fair price. I stayed once at Hotel 41, a five-star Red Carnation in London and the experience and service left much to be desired. The chef there doesn't know how to poach an egg! So, yeah, the four-star Chesterfield is the place to be.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent relaxing stay with us; that you were able to unwind in our luxurious bath tubs and that you took advantage of our efficient room service team and dined from the comfort of you own room. We take great pride in our attention to detail here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am thrilled to learn that you looked forward to discovering the special treat the house keeping team left for you on your pillow each night. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly service that you experienced during your stay; I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the entire team here.

I look forwarding to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Second time to The Chesterfield Mayfair and it is still an outstanding place to stay. We opted for the 3 for 2 suite stay and really enjoyed our suite (Mayfair Suite). Breakfast is fantastic and staff in general very attentive and service minded - nothing is too much trouble.

Room Tip: Book a suite - you wont regret it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review.

It is fantastic to learn that you have returned once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and that this stay was just as enjoyable and memorable as before. I am thrilled that you found the staff to be kind and helpful and I am sure that they will be grateful for your thoughtful words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My mother and I had a wonderful weekend at the Chesterfield Mayfair. Room and breakfast was great. Loved the afternoon tea too.

What really makes this hotel special is the staff who work there who are quite simply the most helpful and lovely people you could meet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that you and your mother had a fantastic stay with us and that you felt right at home. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to sample our award winning afternoon tea and that you really enjoyed the experience. I am very proud that you found my team to be so attentive and friendly and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again soon.

New Forest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We visited in November on on special offer which included an afternoon tea and bottle of champagne. It offered some of the best value we could find for a Thursday to Saturday stay.
The service from every member of staff is exceptional. Our last stay was at the Hilton Courthouse off Regent street(fabulous location).This hotel provides everything in in personal service that was missing from the Hilton.
We have used many five star hotels in London over the years and can't really see what they offer over this lovely establishment.
The rooms are a little compact and perhaps a bit of remodelling is required but everything is well kept. The whole place has the feeling of an old English club. Whenever you make a request of any nature it is always completed without fuss and upon the first time of asking.
It is not the very last word in luxury but offers good quality accommodation with service that can't be beaten any any price.
The afternoon tea was another high quality experience, although lacking the grand ambiance of the Ritz the service and food were at least a match. In fact the service was superior in that it's just so friendly but always entirely professional.
Breakfast was great with a reasonable buffet selection. I made a complete mess of ordering from the menu for my wife, when it arrived and it was obvious I had cocked it all up, the waiter just whisked it all away including my order, started from scratch so that we had breakfast together. Fabulous!
We have stayed in the past and would always return if we didn't feel the need to try other locations.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and that you were able to take advantage of the fantastic Mayfair Weekend package. We enjoy creating a warm and family like atmosphere here at our boutique hotel and I am glad that you appreciated the English club feel.

We pride ourselves on our high level of service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel and I am thrilled that you recognise the dedication and professionalism of the staff. I will be sure to thank all of my team on your behalf for taking such good care of you, especially the restaurant team who made sure your afternoon tea was an experience to remember and that you and your wife began your day with exactly the hearty breakfast you wished for.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Chesterfield with my daughter while in London for the weekend. Everything was great about our stay! Wonderful, pretty room; comfy beds; great linens; quiet; amazing staff - from front desk, to restaurant, to the maids! Delicious, huge breakfast, delightful afternoon tea. Will be my first hotel choice when in a London!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were so impressed with The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am delighted to know that you found the rooms to be comfortable and of the decor to be of a high standard. We pride ourselves on our service here at the hotel and I am glad that you found the staff throughout the hotel to be so friendly and eager to help; I will be sure to share your thoughtful review with my team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed last weekend at the Chesterfield and cannot express how lovely this place is. The building, the rooms the staff, the afternoon tea, the breakfast, the service - all exceptional. We chose to stay for 2 nights on the Mayfair weekend package which included breakfast, a bottle of champagne and afternoon tea for 2.

I emailed ahead to ask for one of the recently refurbished rooms and am glad I did as it was roomy and very well presented. The bathroom was nice with soft towels and a good shower/bath. The room was well equipped with an iron/ironing board, hairdryer, robes, slippers etc. It even had a drawer full of stationary including sellotape! Very handy for business visitors I guess. The bed was excellent... One of the best hotel beds I have ever stayed in!

We took afternoon tea on the first day and this was very nice (although not good if you are on a diet!). The tea's were fantastic (especially the Willy Wonka Chocolate Tea, try this without milk) and the cakes and scones were heavenly.

The breakfast was very good with a good buffet selection followed by a choice of something on the menu. I had an English Breakfast and the Smoked Salmon and Eggs on a bagel - both were very very nice! The service was good on the first morning and average on the second (although that particular staff member seemed new?).

We were given an anniversary card signed by the manager and some of the staff and a cupcake with happy anniversary written on it which was a nice touch!

The location is excellent and is a short walk to many great restaurants in Mayfair. It is a 5-10 minute walk New Bond Street and Regent Street for shopping and 5 minutes to Park Lane.

All in this hotel goes the extra mile for it's guests and deserves a 5 star rating, I understand why this is rated so highly on Trip Advisor and will certainly be returing!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 416 which is newly refurbished. Not massive, but big enough!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair for your anniversary and I am glad that we were able to add to the special occasion. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to speak to you prior to your arrival and that the room we chose for you exceeded your expectations and that it was well equipped, right down to our complete stationery kit. We value the importance of a good night’s rest and I am glad that you had such a peaceful sleep at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am thrilled that you indulged in our afternoon tea and found the pastries and scones to be delicious and that you were able to wash them down with our exclusive blend of chocolate tea. We understand how essential a good breakfast is to start the day and I am happy that our fresh and varied buffet and our breakfast menu offered you many tasty choices. We take great pride in our service here at The Chesterfield Mayfair and I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and willing to help; I will be sure to thank them on your behalf.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!