I recently returned from a first visit to London. I stayed in two different hotels, one in South Kensington and the other in Mayfair. Both areas of town were fantastic pics in terms of being near the tube, restaurants, the sites and more. We stayed our last two nights at the Chesterfield Mayfair. We chose it based on the TA reviews. We arrived about four-ish on a Wednesday afternoon. This hotel is old school London, which is what I was expecting. The front desk staff were quite pleasant in greeting us. We noticed the busy bar adjacent to the check in area, so we decided to have a drink before heading up to our room. The place was pretty busy, but we found a nice seat and the waiter was quick and friendly. The bar is done in the same theme as the rest of the hotel. We found it comfy and inviting. Our room was small, but I expected this in London. The linens on the bed and the drapes were very impressive. I liked the soaps and lotion in the very clean bathroom. This hotel is walking distance to many restaurants and bars. I believed we even walked through Hyde Park to get to one restaurant. It felt pretty safe as there were plenty of joggers and walkers. We did not feel unsafe walking back to the hotel after dinner (have I mentioned what a great walking city London is??) The only glitch was when we awoke on our final morning only to have no hot water. We soon realized part of the power was out in about half of the hotel. They explained that something happened down the street (I did believe it was out of their control). We had to get to the airport, so we were in a slight rush. They went out of their way offering to help us down the stairs with our bags (elevator was out too). Several staff members were waiting by the elevators to assist. You could tell they were embarrassed even though it wasn't their fault. For the inconvenience, the manager told me he would reduce our final bill by a certain percentage. Actually, a few days later when I checked my Visa bill, he took off a bit more than even what he had said he would. Pretty impressive. I would definitely consider staying at this hotel when again in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "Best in Class" 2010 in the AA Inspectors’ Choice Awards, The Chesterfield Mayfair continues to be celebrated for its style, comfort, and exalted levels of personal service and is Mayfair’s only hotel to receive this prestigious award in 2010. Discreetly tucked away near Berkeley Square and a mere stone's throw from Green Park Tube station, the quiet, calm and efficient service blended with supreme comfort characterize this deluxe four-star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, LondonMarketing.com, Booking.com, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London
- The Chesterfield Mayfair London, England