“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #11 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Derby
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is an ideal hotel to stay at in London. The staff help as much as they can, and they pay attention to the small details that make such a difference. Very enjoyable stay - will almost certainly use it again.

Room Tip: The rooms are not big, but they are functional, clean and fit for purpose. The bed was also comforta...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly, helpful service that you received. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and I delighted to know that you truly valued the attentions you received from the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Oliver Raggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is my third stay at the Chesterfield and when in London we always try to stay here if we can, the rooms are always spotlessly clean.

What really impresses me about this hotel is the staff who always go that extra mile to make your stay comfortable and memorable, they are always so welcoming and polite none of that stuffiness you can get with other hotels in London.

The location is fantastic, minutes from Green Park and a short walk to Bond street for shopping.

Also the afternoon tea and the breakfast were also fabulous! Even accommodating my fussy husband who has allergies.

Thanks again Chesterfield and hopefully see you soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you are made to feel comfortable and at home here that this is your first choice of hotel in London. I am happy to hear that you took pleasure in the large range of fresh food on offer for breakfast and afternoon tea and that we were able to cater for your husband’s allergies. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and immaculate and thank you for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced during your stay, I will be sure to share your review with my team and pass on your thanks.

We greatly anticipate your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had a meal here only. The food was delicious and very well priced. Service was excellent, if a little over the top. Our waiter was fantastic, but I did feel a little uncomfortable at times throughout the meal.
I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Butler’s Restaurant. My Executive Chef will be delighted to hear that you found the food to be tasty and that you were impressed by the range of choice available on the menu. I am glad to know that you felt the service was excellent and that the staff were very attentive. Thank you for recommending Butlers Restaurant as a wonderful location to enjoy a meal.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I keep coming back to this authentic London boutique hotel. Superior hospitality be a well-trained staff that "gets it". Every room is different and unique, and lavishly appointed. Wonderful breakfast every morning, great bar scene, dinner experience is good. Personal service by the staff makes it a top choice for me, staff is gracious, friendly, and ever-so-helpful. Perfect location - so close to everything!

Room Tip: Quiet hotel, stay on the second floor because its easier to take the stairs than the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this great review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose to return to the hotel; we love to welcome back members of The Chesterfield family. We take great pride in our service and the training of our staff and I am glad that you appreciated our experienced and friendly staff. Thank you for highlighting our spotless rooms that are well stocked with every amenity you may need. As a boutique hotel we have beautiful, bespoke rooms that make each visit to the hotel exciting and unique and I am glad that this variety adds to the overall experience. My Restaurant Manager will also be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in Butlers Restaurant and that you found the breakfast was varied and plentiful.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have stayed at the Chesterfield several times over the years and this hotel just keeps getting better. The rooms are well-appointed, very thoughtfully designed and immaculate. The staff, headed by the terrific Oliver Ragget, is very warm and accommodating and sincerely tries to make one's stay memorable. For us, location is of top priority as we attend the theater every night and avail ourselves of public transportation to get to diverse areas of the city. The Chesterfield is 5 minutes from the underground and many bus routes, allowing us to get to our destination with ease and as cost efficiently as possible in this expensive city. Being in Mayfair, it is right by St. James and Green Parks, the Royal Academy, great restaurants and all the fabulous Bond Street shops. The room rates are very reasonable for what the Chesterfield ultimately delivers. We have had wonderful memories here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you have returned to The Chesterfield Mayfair and like a fine wine we continue to improve with age! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms to be beautifully decorated. Mayfair is an ideal location for those who want to explore the wonders that London has to offer yet prefer to stay in a quiet neighbourhood and I am glad that you found our location so convenient for your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding the brilliant staff at The Chesterfield Mayfair, I will be sure to share your review and pass on your thanks to all the team here.

I hope to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

before I tell you about this hotel I must say that I am comparing it to the Dorchester Hotel which is where I normally stay when in London but they were fully booked. I arrived at the hotel on a Saturday lunchtime with my wife and 2 children, I asked if we could book for afternoon tea and was told they were fully booked, I then went into the empty bar and (located right next to the area they serve afternoon tea and asked if we could be served afternoon tea in this area which they refused to do as well. the breakfast was OK but to few staff for a busy morning, Now the good bits about the hotel, the rooms were clean and the majority of the staff were nice and polite, as for the bad bits, the rooms were small, the bathroom either smaller, there was a wedding reception going on late into the night which I could hear from my room. To finish off I would say if you can stay at the Dorchester hotel or the like then do if you are on a budget and want an OK hotel in a good location you could do a lot worse

Room Tip: try and stay away from where they hold wedding receptions on weekends
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you thought the hotel was in a great location, enjoyed the warm and friendly service from the team here and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. It is a shame you were unable to experience our award winning afternoon tea, we do recommend all our guests to make reservations in advance for the weekend as we are often fully booked. We only serve afternoon tea in the restaurant and conservatory as this is the best way to experience the full tradition and we do not wish to compromise our high standards by having overspill seating in different parts of the hotel.

I was sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the wedding reception taking place next door, we have an agreement that any party will finish by 11.30pm to allow our guests a full night’s sleep but please accept my apologies if you were disturbed earlier. With regards to the size of your room, we do have different categories of room and if you would like to stay somewhere with more space, please speak directly to the reservation team who will be delighted to talk you through the different options available to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while we visited London for the first time. It is a lovely hotel, with all first class amenities and the prices reflect that. But we were splurging and we enjoyed it.

What really sealed the deal however, was the extraordinary service provided by one of the porters. I believe his name was Peter. The extendable handle on my husband's suitcase had broken and we took it down to the desk to see if there was any way they could temporarily fix it so that we could get home with it. They had it for over an hour and returned it with the handle completely up, telling us they'd gotten it to work but it was bent and could not be put down. When we explained that we'd not be able to fly that way, Peter took it back and said he'd work on it further. After another 40 minutes, he returned it with some metal bent through the handle allowing it to be pulled up to use, and close almost completely. That allowed us to get home the next day without trouble. We were terribly impressed with his efforts. He certainly went out of his way to help us out.

Room Tip: Book a mini suite if you can swing it for more room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your first visit to London and your first stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. We take great pride in our attention to detail and I am delighted to read that you appreciated the amenities and extras that the hotel offers.

Thank you for sharing the story regarding your luggage and highlighting the care and attention we show to all of our guests. I will be sure to personally thank the luggage porter, Peter on your behalf and I am delighted to know that you arrived home safely.

I look forward to welcoming you to again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Oliver Raggett

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!