“Beatiful hotel with very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

Save Saved
You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 1,073 hotels in London
Tromso, Norway
“Beatiful hotel with very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed for 7 nights at this lovely hotel. The location was perfect, quiet, but very close to shoppingarea and pubs and restaurants. The staff were very serviceminded and helpful, and the room was nice and clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1,772 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Lovely hotel in an excellent location. Wonderful bed,window that opened,non slip base in shower over bath,lot of storage. Carolina was excellent in the breakfast restaurant. Antonio made dinner a memorable experience. We loved sitting in the bar with the piano player. ( sorry we don't know his name)

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We traveled to London for a family break and my husband found this hotel. From the moment we stepped out of the cab we were made to feel very special and welcome. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and professional. We had 2 rooms which were joined by a small private hall. The children could have space to themselves ( or rather we could).These rooms were beautiful. The decor was busy but tasteful. There was everything you would ever need. There was even a stationary draw. We had some snacks and drinks in the bar which were lovely. The breakfast menu was very good offering continental or full English and everything in between. On my husbands birthday we had our breakfast served in our room at no extra cost and this was a lovely treat. The children were made very special by going to decorate cup cakes with a lovely chef called Sarah. These little touches make all the difference and we will defiantly return to this fantastic hotel. We have stayed in a few luxury London hotels but never have we had service like it! We will be back and I will be recommending this hotel to all my family & friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Chesterfield is a delightful hotel that has a lot of the old-world charm of bygone times and service that is second to none. Outstanding staff will look after you and make you feel very comfortable throughout.

After a technical issue at the hotel left us in the lurch with an outtage in a fairly essential service, we were quickly and fairly recompensed and will return to this Mayfair gem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a lovely break away. The staff were all lovely, better than lovely, they were helpful, thoughtful, understanding etc. the hotel has a great feel and decour to match! I will visit her again as soon as I can and I would recommend anyone reads this, choses this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was in London on business and stayed at the Chesterfield in Mayfair. I had a double room as an upgrade but it was only small. It was very clean and elegant but small. The staff were first class and nothing was too much trouble. I got a last minute deal which was very welcome. I was out for the evening and returned very late but the night staff we great and good humoured. only three or four hours later I e devised my wake up call and got ready for off.
An excellent breakfast followed and away I went . I would definitely return to this charming hotel but would want a bigger room.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger than standard room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that your experience here was positive and welcoming and that our staff provided you with exemplary care and attention at all times. Our Restaurant Manager will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast with us; it is a highlight of many people’s stay as there is a wide range of dishes to choose from coffee and a freshly baked croissant to full English breakfast. As a boutique hotel in an 18th century building, the layouts of our rooms do vary and I always recommend speaking directly to our reservations team so that we can let you know what different room categories are available and will suit you.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Kind regards,

Oliver
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Chesterfield for one night as part of a theatre break. We had decided to stay somewhere extra special, and the Chesterfield definitely didn't disappoint. The staff could not have been more helpful, and we were made to feel like we were the only guests staying there. The decor was gorgeous - quintessentially English and elegant. I would recommend the Chesterfield without any hesitation, and if I decide to do another similar break, I would stay there again. Lovely, lovely hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the opulent surroundings and high class care from our team. The Chesterfield Mayfair is a great location for a theatre break as we are situated so close to many great restaurants as well as the theatres of the West End being only a moment away.

I will be delighted to share your kind words with all my team as we are always happy when guests recognise our dedication to service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!