“An Excellent Response!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #13 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“An Excellent Response!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Chesterfield is a delightful hotel that has a lot of the old-world charm of bygone times and service that is second to none. Outstanding staff will look after you and make you feel very comfortable throughout.

After a technical issue at the hotel left us in the lurch with an outtage in a fairly essential service, we were quickly and fairly recompensed and will return to this Mayfair gem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Greek first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a lovely break away. The staff were all lovely, better than lovely, they were helpful, thoughtful, understanding etc. the hotel has a great feel and decour to match! I will visit her again as soon as I can and I would recommend anyone reads this, choses this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was in London on business and stayed at the Chesterfield in Mayfair. I had a double room as an upgrade but it was only small. It was very clean and elegant but small. The staff were first class and nothing was too much trouble. I got a last minute deal which was very welcome. I was out for the evening and returned very late but the night staff we great and good humoured. only three or four hours later I e devised my wake up call and got ready for off.
An excellent breakfast followed and away I went . I would definitely return to this charming hotel but would want a bigger room.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger than standard room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that your experience here was positive and welcoming and that our staff provided you with exemplary care and attention at all times. Our Restaurant Manager will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast with us; it is a highlight of many people’s stay as there is a wide range of dishes to choose from coffee and a freshly baked croissant to full English breakfast. As a boutique hotel in an 18th century building, the layouts of our rooms do vary and I always recommend speaking directly to our reservations team so that we can let you know what different room categories are available and will suit you.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Chesterfield for one night as part of a theatre break. We had decided to stay somewhere extra special, and the Chesterfield definitely didn't disappoint. The staff could not have been more helpful, and we were made to feel like we were the only guests staying there. The decor was gorgeous - quintessentially English and elegant. I would recommend the Chesterfield without any hesitation, and if I decide to do another similar break, I would stay there again. Lovely, lovely hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the opulent surroundings and high class care from our team. The Chesterfield Mayfair is a great location for a theatre break as we are situated so close to many great restaurants as well as the theatres of the West End being only a moment away.

I will be delighted to share your kind words with all my team as we are always happy when guests recognise our dedication to service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was the first time my daughters and I had traveled to England. I wanted a truly "English experience" and the Chesterfield Mayfair certainly didn't disappoint. The decor was beautiful. The location couldn't be much better. Close to Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly, etc. But most of all the service was superb. Chesterfield's employees made us feel at home every day. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to London. I would like to thank them for the best week ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oliver R, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose us for your first visit to London as our hotel does reflect the heritage and eccentricities of our Mayfair location that you so enjoyed. We take great pride in our service and attention to detail and I am thrilled that we made you feel comfortable and welcome; I will be sure to share your review and pass on your thanks to all the team here.

I hope to welcome you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for just one night whilst attending my friends wedding, fabulous location, came in from Victoria and it was only a short stroll through green park. Had a lovely bright room, with a big bathroom, luxurious toiletries and an amazing shower! Staff were very friendly and the breakfast the next morning of a high quality. I cannot wait to

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. I am sure that fellow Tripadvisor users will benefit from your lovely description of our room and facilities and I will pass on your kind comments to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair at the end of a 2 week trip to Ireland and UK. It was exactly what we wanted - comfortably elegant with dark wood paneling, welcoming lobbby, and quiet with an outstanding staff and service. We stayed in the Mayfair Suite which had a very large and confortable bed and marvelous bathroom.
Our only concerns were that the shower stall was too small and the shower head too low (I am over 6 feet tall). The shower in the tub was high enough but the glass panel at the side was too small to prevent water from spraying into the bathroom. So management may want to give some thought to providing a better shower arrangement.
I would also like to single out several staff members who provided outstanding service: Chris, the concierge; Mantao who served breakfast every day and Scelard who was our waiter in the dinign room for dinner on two occasions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our boutique hotel and it was a relaxing and indulgent end to your two week travel around the British Isles. Thank you for your great comments about the high standard of service you received, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the team, especially Mantao, Chris and Szilard.

I am grateful for your comments about the shower and would recommend that you mention this when you next speak to our reservation team and we will be able to offer you a room that is more suited to the taller guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!