“It's about the little things” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

Save Saved
You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 1,073 hotels in London
Preston, United Kingdom
“It's about the little things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I took my mother to the Chesterfield for her birthday as the reviews had been very positive, it certainly didn't disappoint. There were so many lovely little touches that just made the stay so memorable. On the first night my mother was brought a lovely birthday cupcake and signed card to our room. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and polite. Sam and Wasim were very helpful when booking afternoon tea. The scones we had were out of this world, really delicious! Would definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,778 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
Cornwall, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I and our 13yr old son stayed here for four nights a couple of weeks before Christmas. The hotel is in a great location within easy walking distance of either Green Park tube station or Oxford St which is a 15-20 min walk.

We stayed in a suite which was very well maintained and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept well. The staff made up a separate bed for our son and he was very comfortable. Overall the suite was big enough for the three of us and our son was quite please to see that they supplied the use of a Nintendo Wii.

The hotel is of a high standard and we had great service. Breakfast was fine although we had a couple of language issues with some of the staff as English was not their first language, as well as a couple of quality issues. However the Food and Beverages manager was very happy to listen to any complaints and suggestions and overall gave the impression that they would strive to fix any problems.

The bar area was lovely and the staff were very friendly and helpful, it was nice to have the piano being played and we had a nice bar lunch here on our final day. We did not eat an evening meal in the hotel restaurant.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and although toward the upper end of the market it was not too stuffy and we felt very comfortable here. We will hopefully be back later in the year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for business in January 13 and really loved it. I would definitely come back again.

My room was on the 7th floor, it had a really gorgeous feel to it - oldworldy and comfortable, but still new and convenient. The hotel is very well maintained. The bed was super comfortable and I had a choice of 4 pillows of different heights. I slept incredibly well. The rooms were also very quiet. I could not hear any noise at all which is fantastic, combined with the heavy block out blinds and you were in your own world.

The bathroom had a shower over bath, and one night I did use the complimentary bath salts and had a relaxing soak in a good sized bath. The towels were lovely and fluffy and the provided amenities really good.

I had 2 breakfasts at the Butler's restaurant. Both were really nice, but I would have to recommend the porridge as an excellent start on a cold winters day. The coffee was very good.

All of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is well appointed, quite, convenient and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

As I have just said in my title, in terms of hotels in London which I have stayed in, this is definitely the best! Excellent rates accessed by exclusivelymayfair.co.uk The service was always friendly and helpful, particularly one lady, Pauline, at breakfast who was always attentive and helpful and extremely friendly! The beds are extremely comfortable, the rooms look gorgeous and the location is perfect, close enough to walk to Regent Street and Oxford Street, and right next to a tube station for travel further away. I will definitely try to go back!

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a great review about your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the location and level of service to be incredibly high and that you found a great nights sleep in our comfortable beds. Thank you for your kind comments about our team here, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to them all, especially Pauline.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

HUNGARY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have used this hotel multiple times when visiting London on business. I did so multiple times in November and December. The high standards have been maintained, providing consistently good service each time. In summary:

1) Location...5mins from Green Park tube station and 15mins walking distance to Piccadilly Circus and central London entertainment. Great restaurants surround the hotel.
2) Staff..always very welcoming and helpful.
3) Rooms, while not large, are well laid out and sufficient. Not modern, but clean and include all the basic amenities.
4) Outstanding breakfast. Excellent service.

You can possibly find better value...and certainly something more modern with gym, pool, etc....but the combination of location, charm and service would be hard to beat from my experience of London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am always interested in how we are received by the business traveller and I am delighted to learn that on location, welcome and service we deliver the highest experience. Thank you for drawing attention to our great value and the quality of our cooked breakfasts, I will ensure that your kind comments are read by all our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

In a cold weekend in january we really felt at home in this wonderfull hotel. The hotel is situated in the city centre, near Green Park Subway station, in a calm street near Berkeley Square. The room was perfect, the staff very helpfull, the roommaid very friendly. The soft bed and luxurious armchairs made us feel like in heaven, the staff made us feel like home.
We went to London for the 10th birthday of our son. He was thrilled when he got a birthdaycake and some fruit, a birthdaycard from the staff. Breakfast next morning also was a treat and the perfect ending for a nice stay in this wonderfull hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you did indeed find a home away from home here with all the comfort and warmth you required. Our team will be pleased that your son enjoyed his birthday card and cupcake and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to them all.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Camborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It used to be a gentleman,s club and has still character off it but the rooms are fabulous have stayed 6times and in different room each time but all as good the weekend special are good you get free afternoon tea and Champagne in your room when you arrive it is close to green park and to new bond street not cheap to stay but for a special occasion they will pull out all the stops I celebrated my 65th birthday and my pearl wedding there last nov and they made us feel like stars

Room Tip: It is expensive to stay here but well worth the money sleep quality sometime the beds are a little t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Mayfair Weekend package with all the benefits it includes. Thank you for choosing our hotel to help celebrate your birthday and anniversary, our team always enjoys making these occasions truly special.

Thank you for returning to The Chesterfield Mayfair and I look forward to greeting you on your next visit.

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!