“extremely comfortable; superb staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #13 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
cheltenham
“extremely comfortable; superb staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

my wife and I stayed for a long weekend at this brilliantly positioned hotel, just off Piccadilly and virtually on Berkeley Square. the weather was foul, but there's always so much to do in London that this didn't take the edge off it. Returning to the hotel after battling the snow was a treat. A very comfortable welcoming place with genuinely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. For that part of London, the set lunch is a bargain at £19. for two courses or £21 for three courses. In comparison, the full English breakfast at £22 might be thought by some to be expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you found the welcome in our hotel to be warm and inviting after spending time outside in the snow and thank you for highlighting the great area we are located in. We pride ourselves on our service and attention to detail and my team will be pleased when I share your kind comments with them.

I look forward to welcoming you to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I spent five nights at the Chesterfield over Christmas and had a wonderful time. We always go away for Christmas and usually stay in Country House Hotels but decided on having a break in London this time round. We could find no fault with any aspect of the Chesterfield because of the attention given to even the smallest detail by the wonderful staff.
All the food was superb but we were very impressed to see the Christmas day turkeys actually being carved in the restaurant - perfect. We will definitely go back and would highly recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback from your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel over the Christmas period.

Our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager will be pleased to hear your great comments regarding the delicious food you enjoyed during your stay and that you were impressed by the carving of the turkey at the table. I am delighted that your Christmas in London was so enjoyable and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

You Can't find a better hotel in this area of London without paying a small fortune. I highly recommend this hotel. It was Clean, safe, quiet, in a great location, with a friendly and attentive staff - all you can ask for in a hotel. I will definitely stay here again. Loved the old world interior design and decorations. It gave the hotel a lot of charm. I did not get a chance to try the restaurant or bar but it looked nice and did have a lot of people in it. The red carnation was a nice touch.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you find us a great balance of character, location and service. It is always great to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you in the future and hope that on your next visit you are able to sample the delights of afternoon tea or dinner at Butlers.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My Husband and I have stayed here twice,and on each occasion we found from the time you get out of the taxi the service is impeccible,nothing to too much trouble for the staff,and they are all so nice,The hotel is beatifully decorated and very scupmtuous,The breakfast cooked to order is delicious,and there is so much to choose from.We highly recommend the aftenoon tea in the Conservatory,it is very special.Cannot wait to visit this wonderful hotel again,it a real pleasure to be there.

Room Tip: We like a room near the lift.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your most recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoy everything from the moment you step into the foyer. Our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager will be pleased to hear your great comments regarding the delicious food you enjoyed during your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to The Chesterfield Mayfair.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Another wonderful stay at this lovely hotel in the heart of Mayfair. The service and attention to detail are second to none. Enjoyed every aspect of the hotel from the tastefully decorated bedroom with partial view of Green Park to the great breakfast and afternoon tea. Looking forward to return visit next month.

Room Tip: Reservations very helpful, will suggest appropriate rrom
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback from your recent stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am pleased that your experience here has been of a consistently high standard and that we will see you return soon. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially the reservations team who are always eager to help.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair next month.

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The lobby with it's beautiful holiday decorations and wonderful hot chocolate was the beginning of a lovely week at the Chesterfield. We enjoyed afternoon tea in the atrium, very pleasant service in the dining room and excellent room service. The rooms are small but well appointed and very clean. The location was perfect for walks to Piccadilly, Bond Street, Hyde Park and Harrods. We hope to return one day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback from your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel over the Christmas period.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be the perfect location for exploring London. Thank you for your kind comments on the afternoon tea and level of service experienced while you were here, I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to all the team, especially the room attendants.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

On the way out of the hotel to attend a dinner I bumped into Sylvie? Room service, and asked her, if at all possible, if she could put some honey, lemon and a shot of brandy in my room as I had a head cold....on my return, late that night, the ingredients of a perfect hot toddy was there waiting for me with a note saying "I hope this makes you feel better!" WOW just the fact Sylvie had put it in the room made me feel better!! Service like this deserves recognition!! Well done Sylvie carry on like that and you will exceed all your goals in your career!!
Mark

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant comments about the service received at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you received such good care from our room attendant and I can assure you that we have recognised and rewarded her for the exemplary service she has given you. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and it is always great to hear from guests when they experience this.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair.

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!