“Thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Chesterfield Mayfair” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

Save Saved
You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #7 of 1,063 Hotels in London
East Lansing, Michigan
“Thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Chesterfield Mayfair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The lobby with it's beautiful holiday decorations and wonderful hot chocolate was the beginning of a lovely week at the Chesterfield. We enjoyed afternoon tea in the atrium, very pleasant service in the dining room and excellent room service. The rooms are small but well appointed and very clean. The location was perfect for walks to Piccadilly, Bond Street, Hyde Park and Harrods. We hope to return one day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback from your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel over the Christmas period.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be the perfect location for exploring London. Thank you for your kind comments on the afternoon tea and level of service experienced while you were here, I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to all the team, especially the room attendants.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

On the way out of the hotel to attend a dinner I bumped into Sylvie? Room service, and asked her, if at all possible, if she could put some honey, lemon and a shot of brandy in my room as I had a head cold....on my return, late that night, the ingredients of a perfect hot toddy was there waiting for me with a note saying "I hope this makes you feel better!" WOW just the fact Sylvie had put it in the room made me feel better!! Service like this deserves recognition!! Well done Sylvie carry on like that and you will exceed all your goals in your career!!
Mark

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant comments about the service received at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you received such good care from our room attendant and I can assure you that we have recognised and rewarded her for the exemplary service she has given you. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and it is always great to hear from guests when they experience this.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is my third stay at the Chesterfield Inn. Overall my stay was excellent. Good Service. Restaurant nice selection. The only issue I had was that I requested non allergic bedding when I booked the room on-line. When I arrived I reminded the front desk. After the first sleepless night of wheezing, I asked them to change out the bedding. They responded right away. I then slept fine. The location in Mayfair is just perfect. Very safe and great restaurants. No more than a 5-10 minute walk to the tube depending how fast you walk. I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that as a regular visitor you are satisfied with the great location and high level of service provided at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. I am delighted to learn that my team were able to remedy the issue with the bed linen immediately when they were informed.

I would like to thank you for making the Chesterfield Mayfair your first choice of hotel when you visit London and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay over new year holiday. Staff had a special Xmas treat/candy waiting for my son. Hotel was beautifully decorated for Xmas. Location is superb; few minutes to Green Park Underground station (Piccadilly Line), regent/Oxford streets, and a block from restaurants of Shepherds Market. Also about 10 minutes from Hyde Park and about 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace. Each room is lovely and uniquely decorated. Maid staff wonderful and turn down service twice a day. Front desk staff very helpful. Restaurant on site good but quite expensive.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend New Year with us at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere in the hotel and thank you for the description of our location; I am sure people planning their visit to London will find it useful. We take great pride in the service we offer and thank you for recognising the work we all do. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to all of the team, especially the Front Desk staff and the Housekeeping team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect: very near everything, including Regent Street or Berkeley Square to the East, and Hyde Park and Harrods to the West; it's maybe 50 yards away from Shepherd Market where there are nice pubs and restaurants. And yet it's on a quiet street, with very few cars and little noise.

The people are very nice and welcoming.

Downsides include
- Very slow breakfast. Not enough people serving it
- Relatively small rooms
- High prices (but this is Central London; what can we expect...?)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you found the hotel both conveniently located for all the delights that London has to offer and also peaceful enough to enjoy a quiet rest. I am sure fellow Tripadvisor users will find your description very useful.

Thank you for the comments regarding the room size. Our hotel is situated in a Georgian building and has a great amount of character although this does mean that there is some slight variation in room size. When planning your next visit, please contact our reservation team and let them know that space is important to you and we will ensure that you receive the best room available. I am sorry with the issues you experienced at breakfast, our Food and Beverage Manager is currently working on solutions to ensure a quick and efficient service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the future.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had spent twenty-seven years living in Mount Street, London - and commuting frequently to Oxford - and it has been very difficult to move away, when I retired from teaching in Oxford and attending patients in several London's hospitals. My wife and I have been living in South of France for the past ten years, but, quite naturally, we have been taking every opportunity to returne to London under every possible pretext.

We had tried several good hotels in London after our move out of UK, until we found the Chesterfield Mayfair - and we have never looked back. The Chesterfield is a real "home away from home", to use a cliche - a place where every guest is taken care of in an exemplary manner, a place uniquely capable of inducing the "atmosphere of family", so often lacking in even the best hotels elsewhere. The staff of the Chesterfield succeeded in creating a well-coordinated team, all of its members seamlessly surrounding every guest with service with a capital S, day and night.

I could rave about individual points, such as the marvellous afternoon teas in Chesterfield, the unbelievably well informed and willing concierges team - but I wish to stress just one point which is most important to us - and to many of the co-guests of Chesterfield with whom we have spoken over the years. We have a little, very well-behaved White West Highland Terrier dog, who travels with us everywhere - and in Chesterfield, unlike in some short-sighted hotels around, he is not only accepted, but he is made genuinely welcome by everybody.

I can warmly recommend Chesterfield Mayfair to everybody who comes to London - and who wishes to spend his time in this beautiful city surrounded by excellence in every sense of the term. I can guarantee you that you will be returned forever after.

JDS-S, Geneva

Room Tip: The Chesterfield Suite is very nice room - our favourite.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your comments on The Chesterfield Mayfair, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad that you find the hotel is a ‘home away from home’ and our Very Important Pet policy ensures that you are not separated from your West Highland Terrier. It is important to us that you feel comfortable and appreciated here; no detail is too small for our guests’ comfort and convenience.

Thank you for your kind comments on the high level of service that you receive from all members of our team. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially the concierge team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a lovely afternoon tea today for a special birthday. We had a party of 8, including two children. The food was delicious and refilled whenever we wanted it. The children had the Princess menu which was just right for them and changing the sandwich filling option was no trouble. In fact, nothing was any trouble, including asking the pianist to play Happy Birthday for us. When the staff heard it was a birthday they produced a cupcake with a candle and sang happy birthday again! Our waitress, Nelly, was a star and even brought over a little teddy for each child when they we getting grumpy. A really special way to celebrate and we would recommend the Chesterfield Mayfair for London afternoon tea.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about afternoon tea at The Chesterfield Mayfair.

I am delighted to hear that the event was enjoyed by all the family and the special touches for the children such as the Princess menu were appreciated. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially Nelly.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!