“Would definitely return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

Save Saved
You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #7 of 1,062 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Would definitely return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here on New Years Eve night. At check in we were surprised to hear that we had been upgraded to one of their executive suites. The Philippe Suite was amazing - large and immaculately furnished. The staff were all very friendly during our one night stay. The hotel is in a great location in easy walking distance to alot of the sights of London. The breakfast on new years day was very nice, although we had to wait a while for the tables to be laid. All in all a very good stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a brilliant start to the New Year and that you found the Executive Suite amazing and all our team friendly and helpful. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Greek first
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Spent Christmas and New Years in London, staying at the Chesterfield, and it felt just like home! Attention to detail was superb: we also received a Christmas present from 'Father Christmas' which my daughter absolutely loved. The festive atmosphere was fantastic with a great bar where my husband and I stayed in the evening when the kids were finally asleep! Out of all the hotels I've stayed in this has by far been the most convincing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Haydock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

As is a tradition, we entertain a group from a Company we are in a Business partnership with, to a meal in the run up to Xmas in central London. We are from Manchester & look to stay over for the night.
This year we picked to eat at Langans just off Piccadily, & I wanted to stay close by to avoid rushing around in cabs too much. I received a central e mail from the Hotel ref availability etc for up to Xmas. I e mail back via this & received details from the General Manager ref my requirement for 3 rooms for 1 night. £160 plus vat for 3 double rooms ( dont like single rooms) to include breakfast. Compared to Manchester expensive but for this part of London in a good hotel---NO its not.
Stayed here 2 years ago & loved the small hotel feel & the location is spot on, quiet street but 5 mins walk & you are opposite the Ritz on Piccadily.
We all checked in via 3 staff on the desk with no fuss, up to our rooms which were all along the same corridor on the same floor . We only spent about 45 mins in our rooms to shower change before meeting in the bar. Room was a good size with a huge bed full of pillows & cushions, work area if required for Business as well as some chairs to relax in. Bright bathroom with large bath & rain shower. 2 large wardrobe spaces with iron & board if you unpack anything creased!
The public areas had a quality fell with all the decor & furnishings & the Xmas decorations added to a wonderfull seasonal buzz to the place. Really loved the cottage made out of sweets in the main hall area.
Pleasant bar area with resident pianist as we had our first drink of the night before heading off out............remembering the bar, we returned post midnight to the bar in the hotel with our Business colleagues & had a couple of rounds of hot & cold drinks before they headed off & we retired to our rooms. I found a note in the room along with a mince pie left as part of the turn down service ( the note said I had missed the complimentary canapes--- but by calling room service they would deliver them) I didn't but thought it a very nice touch.

Breakfast the following morning was taken in a very pleasant room , I would imagine in summer is an even greater experience as I noted the patio area through some large French doors. Lots of choices of juice/ fruit/ cereals etc & a wonderfull full English was enjoyed by the 3 of us, again with very efficient & pleasant staff.

To sum up despite our fairly brief visit ( & time spent in the hotel) we came away feeling that it had been a pleasure staying & not just a convenient place to put our heads down for the night.
To stay for Business or for pleasure would be an enjoyable experience at the Chesterfield.

Would we stay here again ...... looking forward to our third stay for sure.

Tom Melia
F. Duerr & Sons
Manchester

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a great review of your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that as a business traveller you experienced a great blend of comfort and convenience during your time here. It is a pleasure to know that you consider our hotel to offer great value for the location and amenities we have to offer. Our Bar Manager will be pleased that you enjoyed your pre-dinner drinks in the bar so much that you brought your business colleagues back after dinner at Langans to continue the evening.

We pride ourselves on our attention to detail: the fuss-free check in, generous desk space in each room and the rooms for your party being placed close to each other. I am glad you appreciated the Christmas decorations and our Executive Chef was very proud of the Gingerbread House in the foyer, it is important to celebrate the festive season.

Thank you once again for your kind words, it is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Chesterfield Mayfair.

Woolacombe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here last year while visiting London for a theatre trip. It was so good that we went back with all the family, including our three year old Grandson, to see the Lion King and the Snowman just before Christmas this year.
We weren't disappointed, from the excellent Concierge service on arrival and departure to the lovely friendly Reception and Restaurant staff, even my old fella couldn't fault it!
The rooms are spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated, the Restaurant has Leopard print curtain backing and carpet (an instant attraction for me!) and all food experienced was excellent. At the time of our stay breakfast was included in the price, my only sorrow was that I didn't have time to have one of the hotel's superb afternoon teas.
Our Grandson received a wrapped present mysteriously left in the room from Father Christmas, with his name on it. What a lovely touch!
This is without doubt an excellent hotel in an extremely convenient location - a short walk to the tube, bus and Hyde Park, where we were able to walk to the Winter Wonderland and Markets.
It is also very easy to get to theatre land from here, or in the other direction Harrods etc.
We will be back - can't wait!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel was charming and friendly from the moment you arrived and I am glad that Father Christmas was able to deliver a gift to your Grandson; Christmas is a time of surprises!

Our Executive Housekeeper will appreciate the lovely remarks you make on the details in your room and our Food and Beverage team will be glad to hear that you had an excellent experience dining with us. I do hope that you will be able to sample afternoon tea on your next visit and can highly recommend the chocolate lover’s tea. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We spent the afternoon having a traditional tea,which was a treat for my wife's birthday.We were not disappointed .First of all a nice glass of chilled Champagne followed a good selection of finger sandwiches,pastries and scones,A good selection of teas available,with top ups and tea and sandwiches replenished if required.Loris and his team were polite,courteous and always on hand if required.Finally the whole tea was rounded off with Loris and his team presenting my wife with a small pastry with a lighted candle,a small posy of flowers and singing Happy birthday,A truly memorable occasion,made all the better by attentive staff,We are pleased that we chose the Chesterfield and will definitely return.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel for afternoon tea.

I am delighted to hear that your afternoon exceeded your expectations and we were able to ensure your wife’s birthday was celebrated in style. We take great pride in our afternoon tea with its amazing choice of 16 different blends and sumptuous pastries and cakes created by our Executive Chef.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially Loris and the team at Butlers restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and returned on Boxing Day, we were looked after and made to feel very welcome, the food was amazing and High Tea was lovely. We had a lovely time and a beautiful London location, really glad we stayed and loved every minute of it, thanks for making it a lovely Christmas!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us over the Christmas holiday.

We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service. Our Executive Chef will be delighted to hear your kind remarks on the quality and selection of food at Butlers restaurant. Christmas is such a special occasion, I am glad you enjoyed every minute of your stay. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We chose this for location - easy walking distance to shopping streets (Regent St/Bond St/Piccadilly) and good choice of restaurants etc. On arrival, we were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff and shown to our room which, although not huge, was beautifully decorated and comfortable. In fact, it soon became clear that the hotel mantra is to make guests as comfortable as possible and coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes/slippers etc all provided plus various internet facilities in-room and (hurrah) free Wi Fi. Even an ironing board and iron were placed in the wardrobe. A lot of thought had gone into every detail which all made for a relaxing stay. My only gripe with the room was a hum from extractor fans outside and from the aircon - both were 'just enough' white noise to be OK.

There is a comfortable bar with a club like feel to it and a pianist in the early evening. We didn't try the restaurant as we had a function to attend but breakfast the next day provided everything from Eggs Benedict, pancakes and other dishes to suit all tastes - more importantly the service was attentive and quick, a rarity in major UK city hotels I've found.

All in all, what had been booked as a quick stopover turned out to be a very relaxing and enjoyable trip. Credit is due to the staff, all of whom were efficient, friendly and helpful.

I will definitely be returning and give full marks to this hotel in its class.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a wonderful experience and I am pleased that our high level of service created such a favourable impression and made for a relaxing stay for you. We take great pride in providing our visitors with exceptional service and understand that every detail is important even for guests planning a short stopover.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again for your next stay with us.

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!