“Second time just as good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

Save Saved
You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 1,073 hotels in London
Woolacombe
“Second time just as good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here last year while visiting London for a theatre trip. It was so good that we went back with all the family, including our three year old Grandson, to see the Lion King and the Snowman just before Christmas this year.
We weren't disappointed, from the excellent Concierge service on arrival and departure to the lovely friendly Reception and Restaurant staff, even my old fella couldn't fault it!
The rooms are spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated, the Restaurant has Leopard print curtain backing and carpet (an instant attraction for me!) and all food experienced was excellent. At the time of our stay breakfast was included in the price, my only sorrow was that I didn't have time to have one of the hotel's superb afternoon teas.
Our Grandson received a wrapped present mysteriously left in the room from Father Christmas, with his name on it. What a lovely touch!
This is without doubt an excellent hotel in an extremely convenient location - a short walk to the tube, bus and Hyde Park, where we were able to walk to the Winter Wonderland and Markets.
It is also very easy to get to theatre land from here, or in the other direction Harrods etc.
We will be back - can't wait!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel was charming and friendly from the moment you arrived and I am glad that Father Christmas was able to deliver a gift to your Grandson; Christmas is a time of surprises!

Our Executive Housekeeper will appreciate the lovely remarks you make on the details in your room and our Food and Beverage team will be glad to hear that you had an excellent experience dining with us. I do hope that you will be able to sample afternoon tea on your next visit and can highly recommend the chocolate lover’s tea. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

1,777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We spent the afternoon having a traditional tea,which was a treat for my wife's birthday.We were not disappointed .First of all a nice glass of chilled Champagne followed a good selection of finger sandwiches,pastries and scones,A good selection of teas available,with top ups and tea and sandwiches replenished if required.Loris and his team were polite,courteous and always on hand if required.Finally the whole tea was rounded off with Loris and his team presenting my wife with a small pastry with a lighted candle,a small posy of flowers and singing Happy birthday,A truly memorable occasion,made all the better by attentive staff,We are pleased that we chose the Chesterfield and will definitely return.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your experience at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel for afternoon tea.

I am delighted to hear that your afternoon exceeded your expectations and we were able to ensure your wife’s birthday was celebrated in style. We take great pride in our afternoon tea with its amazing choice of 16 different blends and sumptuous pastries and cakes created by our Executive Chef.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially Loris and the team at Butlers restaurant.

Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and returned on Boxing Day, we were looked after and made to feel very welcome, the food was amazing and High Tea was lovely. We had a lovely time and a beautiful London location, really glad we stayed and loved every minute of it, thanks for making it a lovely Christmas!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us over the Christmas holiday.

We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service. Our Executive Chef will be delighted to hear your kind remarks on the quality and selection of food at Butlers restaurant. Christmas is such a special occasion, I am glad you enjoyed every minute of your stay. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We chose this for location - easy walking distance to shopping streets (Regent St/Bond St/Piccadilly) and good choice of restaurants etc. On arrival, we were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff and shown to our room which, although not huge, was beautifully decorated and comfortable. In fact, it soon became clear that the hotel mantra is to make guests as comfortable as possible and coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes/slippers etc all provided plus various internet facilities in-room and (hurrah) free Wi Fi. Even an ironing board and iron were placed in the wardrobe. A lot of thought had gone into every detail which all made for a relaxing stay. My only gripe with the room was a hum from extractor fans outside and from the aircon - both were 'just enough' white noise to be OK.

There is a comfortable bar with a club like feel to it and a pianist in the early evening. We didn't try the restaurant as we had a function to attend but breakfast the next day provided everything from Eggs Benedict, pancakes and other dishes to suit all tastes - more importantly the service was attentive and quick, a rarity in major UK city hotels I've found.

All in all, what had been booked as a quick stopover turned out to be a very relaxing and enjoyable trip. Credit is due to the staff, all of whom were efficient, friendly and helpful.

I will definitely be returning and give full marks to this hotel in its class.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a wonderful experience and I am pleased that our high level of service created such a favourable impression and made for a relaxing stay for you. We take great pride in providing our visitors with exceptional service and understand that every detail is important even for guests planning a short stopover.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again for your next stay with us.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Keeping in mind that one should never expect large rooms in an old London hotel, the Chesterfield is excellently located, comfortable, characterful, and has helpful, efficient staff. Very handy for the art galleries around Green Park, the boutiques of Bond Street, and within walking distance of several London tourist draws and theatreland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a brilliant review following your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you appreciated the central location of the hotel, I am sure other travellers will benefit from your descriptions of the amenities on our doorstep. We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Wonderfully located old hotel in charles street.
Excellent service with staff going out of their way to help you.
Rooms are very small however, and poorly soundproofed towards the corridor.
So you can hear what people are doind or talking about in their rooms walking down or when trying to sleep you can also hear what people say in the corridor - not ideal.
Bathrooms are also really small with one fixed showerhead which is not suited for anyone over 6 feet of height.
Otherwise the rooms are nice, the beds comfortable, and the restaurant and common areas just charming.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room away from street
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their helpful and friendly service, I know how pleased everybody will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you for your comments about the rooms you were staying in. We do have different categories of rooms; if you have a specific request please enquire with our reservations team when making your next reservation to ensure a more comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It´s a very nice Hotel will lovely service! I only stayed for one night because it was a business trip. The Hotel is located near shopingcenters and it feels like it is close to everything. The breakfast was also excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you found the service and location to be exactly suited to your business needs. Our Executive Chef will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel for a longer stay on your next visit to London.

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!