“A lovely Christmas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

Save Saved
You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 1,073 hotels in London
Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
“A lovely Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and returned on Boxing Day, we were looked after and made to feel very welcome, the food was amazing and High Tea was lovely. We had a lovely time and a beautiful London location, really glad we stayed and loved every minute of it, thanks for making it a lovely Christmas!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us over the Christmas holiday.

We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service. Our Executive Chef will be delighted to hear your kind remarks on the quality and selection of food at Butlers restaurant. Christmas is such a special occasion, I am glad you enjoyed every minute of your stay. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

1,777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We chose this for location - easy walking distance to shopping streets (Regent St/Bond St/Piccadilly) and good choice of restaurants etc. On arrival, we were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff and shown to our room which, although not huge, was beautifully decorated and comfortable. In fact, it soon became clear that the hotel mantra is to make guests as comfortable as possible and coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes/slippers etc all provided plus various internet facilities in-room and (hurrah) free Wi Fi. Even an ironing board and iron were placed in the wardrobe. A lot of thought had gone into every detail which all made for a relaxing stay. My only gripe with the room was a hum from extractor fans outside and from the aircon - both were 'just enough' white noise to be OK.

There is a comfortable bar with a club like feel to it and a pianist in the early evening. We didn't try the restaurant as we had a function to attend but breakfast the next day provided everything from Eggs Benedict, pancakes and other dishes to suit all tastes - more importantly the service was attentive and quick, a rarity in major UK city hotels I've found.

All in all, what had been booked as a quick stopover turned out to be a very relaxing and enjoyable trip. Credit is due to the staff, all of whom were efficient, friendly and helpful.

I will definitely be returning and give full marks to this hotel in its class.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a wonderful experience and I am pleased that our high level of service created such a favourable impression and made for a relaxing stay for you. We take great pride in providing our visitors with exceptional service and understand that every detail is important even for guests planning a short stopover.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again for your next stay with us.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Keeping in mind that one should never expect large rooms in an old London hotel, the Chesterfield is excellently located, comfortable, characterful, and has helpful, efficient staff. Very handy for the art galleries around Green Park, the boutiques of Bond Street, and within walking distance of several London tourist draws and theatreland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a brilliant review following your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that you appreciated the central location of the hotel, I am sure other travellers will benefit from your descriptions of the amenities on our doorstep. We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Wonderfully located old hotel in charles street.
Excellent service with staff going out of their way to help you.
Rooms are very small however, and poorly soundproofed towards the corridor.
So you can hear what people are doind or talking about in their rooms walking down or when trying to sleep you can also hear what people say in the corridor - not ideal.
Bathrooms are also really small with one fixed showerhead which is not suited for anyone over 6 feet of height.
Otherwise the rooms are nice, the beds comfortable, and the restaurant and common areas just charming.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room away from street
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their helpful and friendly service, I know how pleased everybody will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you for your comments about the rooms you were staying in. We do have different categories of rooms; if you have a specific request please enquire with our reservations team when making your next reservation to ensure a more comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the future.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It´s a very nice Hotel will lovely service! I only stayed for one night because it was a business trip. The Hotel is located near shopingcenters and it feels like it is close to everything. The breakfast was also excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you found the service and location to be exactly suited to your business needs. Our Executive Chef will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel for a longer stay on your next visit to London.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Chesterfield for 1 night with my husband. We walked in to the luxurious lobby and were immediately wowed. It was beautifully decorated with one of the biggest Christmas trees we have ever seen and the live piano playing which was filtering through from the relaxing bar made us immediately feel that we were staying somewhere very special. We had a fast, efficient check in which was necessary as we had a half hour turn around time before going to a show. We stayed in 'The Study'. The room was as luxurious as everything we had seen so far, fabulously decorated with a huge window with a view out on to a lovely London street and the walls were adorned with carved books which gave it character and interest and made it so different from staying in a basic 'modern' hotel room. The bed was amazingly comfortable and my husband who is 6'4", fit comfortably into the huge sleigh bed. We opted to have breakfast in bed which was a wonderful treat. The variety and choice was amazing and it tasted fantastic too. All staff were friendly and helpful - we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend the Chesterfield.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

I am delighted that we made such a great impression when you arrived and our fast check-in service enabled you to go out and enjoy the pleasures of London immediately. Thank you for your comments on the luxurious surroundings in the rooms and I am glad that your husband found a good night’s sleep in the comfortable bed.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their helpful and friendly service, especially the Food and Beverage Manager and the Executive Chef. I know how pleased everybody will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I ended up checking into the hotel very late and was upgraded to the Dormer Suite which was fantastic; big bedroom, huge comfy bed, full wardrobe, two showers in bathroom and one deep bath, hallway connecting the bedroom to a large lounge with leather couch, table, writing desk and well stocked minibar. I had a great time staying here and my breakfast was delivered bang on time and was delicious (eggs Benedict). Very classy hotel, attentive and friendly staff, and a bargain for the area and quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: The suites are worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that your stay was fantastic and you enjoyed all the features of your room. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments onto all the staff for their friendly and helpful attentions, especially to the Food and Beverage Manager.

I look forward to welcoming you on your return visits in the future.

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!