“Another Great Stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

Save Saved
You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #7 of 1,062 Hotels in London
United Kingdom
“Another Great Stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was our second stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. Once again customer service was superb. We had a beautiful room and breakfast was top notch. If you want to stay in a classy hotel in a quiet but convenient area then this is the place to go.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on our great team and friendly service. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Greek first
Orpington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Thank you for our wonderful stay at the chesterfield Mayfair,
from the onset we were made to feel very special.

Our room was both very comfortable & very beautiful.
Our evening meal was first class, & morning breakfast
was just as good.plenty to choose from.

Mychildren paid for our stay as a birthday gift to me
i would say the gift was perfect thanks to all at the Hotel
would love to stay again, & highly recomend it to all
Ann Lockhart

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that we were able to make your birthday celebration a truly special occasion and will pass on your kind comments to all our team here.

I look forward to welcoming you again at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Eldora, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I spent two nights at this wonderful hotel. Great location. The service was top notch from all the employees and the food was fabulous. The bar manger, Paul Hogg, was very gracious and entertaining, and made us feel very much at home in a land far away from our own! Give that boy a raise!

Room Tip: I don't know if they have a swimming pool or fitness centre...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that your stay was a wonderful experience and I am pleased that our high level of service created such a favourable impression. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, especially Paul.

I am delighted to inform you that we do have an arrangement with the local gym situated a short walk from the hotel. Please feel free to speak to the Front Desk who will provide you with all the information.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

stayed at this charming old world hotel this week while on business in London and felt truly at home. I wish I could have stayed longer than 1 night.
My room was really very comfortable and inviting and I enjoyed an amazing nights sleep which is most unusual for me while away from home. The towels were especially fluffy and noteably softer than in any hotel I have ever stayed in. Breakfast hit the spot, lots of fresh fruit and my eggs were cooked to perfection. The staff were all exceptionally warm and helpful but i have to single out Jack Conroy at the front desk who couldn't have been more charming or helpful.
I am looking forward to my next stay at the Chesterfield when I hope to sample the Afternoon Tea which has a wonderful reputation.
You won't be disappointed by this gem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you had an exceptional stay and I am pleased that you enjoyed a great night’s sleep in our comfortable room as well as a wonderful breakfast. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular Jack, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future; I hope you will have time to experience our Afternoon Tea.

Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

When one talks about good hotels in London there has to be a mention of value-for-money. There are certainly better hotels with larger rooms and bathrooms than the Chesterfield but in London this comes at an exhorbitant price. The Chesterfield has achieved the ideal balance of price/value.
The rooms are not large but they are adequite and very nicely appointed. the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly and I always get recognised as a repeat guest. If you arrive early on an overnight flight they will do all they can to get you into a room. The breakfast is outstanding and the restuarant very good for lunch or dinner.
Location in Mayfair could not be better - Hyde Park nearby for walks/runs, Sheperds Market restuarants just around the corner, Oxford/Regent st shopping in walking distance. The immediate neighbourhood is quiet and you do not hear traffic or sirens.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I am pleased that you feel we have achieved the ideal balance of price and value.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their helpful and friendly service, and I know how pleased everybody will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've not felt compelled to write a review of any hotel or restaurant before however i had such a lovely experience at The Chesterfield i wanted to share a positive review of this.

For my first Afternoon Tea i was very impressed, with 3 other friends (two birthdays..) we were treated to a tasty and very filling array of cakes, sandwiches and tea. We were offered refills and staff made sure we had full plates at all times.. The staff were fantastic, not too attentive where we couldn't relax but there when needed which was perfect. I asked our waitress if there was anything she could do for the birthday girls and without hesitation said she would sort something out no problem, 4 staff then bought over a plate for each with Happy Birthday swirled in choc sauce, cupcake and candle and sang happy birthday..lovely added extra :-) Needless to say i am booking up again to take my mum and sisters.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent afternoon with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I am happy that the special birthday plates were so appreciated; we feel that small gestures go a long way.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver a special experience have been appreciated. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our Executive Chef and his team about the cakes and sandwiches you so enjoyed.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future together with your Mum and sisters.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here last night on a business trip and was delighted to find myself in such a charming, traditional, comfortable hotel. The staff were all extremely friendly and courteous. The location in central London is particularly good and although I work in London everyday I was struck by the beauty of the surrounding area and royal parks - this is quintessential London. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that had such a great business trip stay with us and I am pleased that you our quintessential London hotel and location was so appealing. I am sure your description about he surrounding beautiful Royal Parks will be appreciated by your fellow travellers.

I will also be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Oliver

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!