“Amazing hotel and staff made my 30th perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chesterfield Mayfair

You added The Chesterfield Mayfair to your Saves list
The Chesterfield Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Charles Street | Mayfair, London W1J 5EB, England (Mayfair)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #11 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
lincoln
“Amazing hotel and staff made my 30th perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I never normally write reviews but I felt that I just had to for the wonderful Chesterfield Mayfair. My husband and I stayed here to celebrate my 30th birthday and everything was just perfect from beginning to end! We had booked a standard room as we have just had a baby so were on quite a tight budget. We were however absolutely delighted to find that we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite. And what a suite it was! The Garden Room was stunning, by far the best room we have stayed in for a long while (even better than the suite we had in Dubai for our honeymoon). It was, however, the little touches that really made our stay. The card and cake from all the staff, the quality elemis toiletries, the helpful and friendly staff, the amazing breakfast (trust me, it was amazing - I am very, very fussy!) ... On top of all this, upon my request, the hotel arranged a personal wine tasting session. This was a very enjoyable experience that my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed - the hotels sommelier, Antoine, really is a credit to them! All of this in a fabulous neighbourhood - what more could anyone want?? Thank you Chesterfield Mayfair, we will most definitely be returning!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and that our newly refurbished Garden Suite was particularly memorable.
Thank you, too, for highlighting the extra little touches and good service you received from our staff, in particular Antoine, I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel on your next visit to London.

Oliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed here for a second time after our last stay was so nice. Even though most of their staff had change since our last visit they were still very welcoming and didn't look down on us when we walked in in shorts and t shirts (like we have had at other hotels of similar standard.) we had a normal room this time because last time we stayed in the executive suite and we felt it was wasted as we didn't spend enough time in the room to make the most of it. It was just as nice only a third of the size and only one tv. Everything about this hotel is great. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting the review about your recent stay with us.

It was our great pleasure to have you at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel. Thank you for your kind comments; it is brilliant to hear that the staff were so welcoming and you were happy with your choice of room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I had business in Ipswich and decided to take a couple days in London for myself to unwind before coming home. I chose this hotel based on the reviews and location. It is very close to Green Park tube station. It is in a beautiful neighborhood in Mayfair and great walking distance to everything I think.
When my taxi pulled up, the door man jumped to my aid and took me to the front desk where check in was very quick. Since I was traveling solo I booked a single room which was on the small side but since it was just me I was fine. The room itself was very nicely appointed with great amenities. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. Windows are double paned. The food is a little pricey at the hotel so I ate out which is fine because there are lots of options one block away on Curzon Street. Try Tempo Italian. It is excellent! The hotel bar is very nice and the staff are very entertaining! They will chat you up and give you good recommendations for sites and dining etc. I really wish I could have stayed on an extra day. I know I will stay here again when I come back to London.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Blankenberge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Where to start...Where to start...
Well, let me start with the location; You are staying in mayfair, a very quiet place, but only 2 minutes away from the action; Piccadilly!
I thought the location was a bit to "posh" for me, but not in a scary way.
Although the street is very quiet, it is easy to find a taxi if you need one.

When the doorman greets you when you get out of the taxi, you immediately know that your visit will be great; THESE DOORMEN ACTUALLY SMILE! They also remember who you are, ask how your day was and they wear their uniform with pride!
And that last one goes for the rest of the staff as well!
The staff is amazing and makes you feel welcome and that is what it is all about!
The staff is professional, but human; Not pre-programmed robots in a uniform.

I was sleeping in room 417, a room for single travelers.
The room was small, but big enough for a single traveler!
What I liked most about the room was the fact that what you see is what you get; The pictures of the rooms on the website of the hotel are spot on! There is a picture of another room (double) which had the exact same pillows, wallpaper, mirror, TV, bedside lamp, etc... as my room had...Even the clock on the wall was exactly the same! usually you book an hotel based on the pictures on the website and when you arrive...you realize your room doesn't even look like the one on the picture..
The bathroom was spacious and it had all you could wish for!
But what made it special where the little things; In the top drawer I could find a scissor, post it notes, pencils, a stapler, etc... a very nice touch for someone who is there for business!
The room had it's own door bell, a little red light to replace the 'Don't disturb sign on the door", complimentary Wifi...
It is very clear that this room was designed to make your visit as pleasant as possible!
the color scheme in the room was very good and also the way they used light to create that luxurious feeling was amazing!
Even the wardrobe had a light in it which switched on when you opened the doors of the wardrobe. And to prove how quiet the location is; My room had a view on Charles Street...No noise of traffic at all!

The bed was great; Usually I do not sleep very well the first nights in an hotel room...In this bed I was asleep even before my head hit the pillow!

If I had to point out one thing that I would improve it would be the room service.
Don't get me wrong; The room service is amazing! On saturday I had only 40 minutes time to eat and they managed to serve my dinner with only 12 minutes between the order and knocking on my door!
But there were two minor things I found a bit strange; I ordered a diet coke with my food and they brought me a glass with ice and lemon, a 33cl bottle of diet coke and...a corkscrew...Yup, a corkscrew...So I had to open the bottle with a spoon :-)
It is just a little mistake which you just have to forgive them, but it was a bit strange.
Second thing; a sandwich or burger is served in the Chesterfield hotel with a little jar ketchup and a little jar of mustard. I asked if I could have some mayonnaise with my sandwich and they brought me two little jars of ketchup and one with mustard...No big deal, just a little thing I wanted to point out. The food of the room service is amazing, so it made up for those two minor things.

The overall experience was great! Really great!

Room Tip: 417 for single travelers, small but so great!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

It is very kind of you to take the time to share your very positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I am pleased you had such a wonderful stay and that your room and the amenities were so appreciated. Thank you, too, for highlighting the staff; it is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Thank you for your comments about your room service order, please be rest assured I have addressed this with our Food and Beverage Manager who will ensure that additional and refresher training with the staff is done.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair for another great nights sleep in the near future.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I´ve been in this Hotel for 4 nights in March, and found everything perfect, The service, the room, cleanliness, location, etc. I'm brazilian, and travelled in my vacations. The staff was very gentle an helpfull. I hardly recomend, and when I come to London again, I'll stay there for sure.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review from your stay in March.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for highlighting the good service you received from our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair in the near future.

suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

We have just returned from staying at The Chesterfield Mayfair and believe we may have eventually found that perfect hotel for us for visiting London. We are always looking for the one we can make home during our many trips to London but something always makes us feel we can do better. Red Carnation hotels are always our first choice and we love the Rubens but it can be noisy with the sound of traffic. The Chesterfield is a smaller, slightly more classy version of The Rubens but best of all it is quiet. We had a room at the back and could hear nothing, the best nights sleep ever experienced in London. We missed the lovely lounge of The Rubens where we loved to have an ice cream and coffee after the theatre or dinner or to just sit quietly in the afternoon reading with a tray of tea. The small library at The Chesterfield looks a little formal to eat ice cream in! The bar at The Chesterfield is however much nicer. For people reading the previous reviews dont worry about the size of the rooms. We had a standard room and it was fine, very typical of rooms in English hotels and it was beautifully equipped with comfy beds and wonderful pillows and linen. We did not eat dinner but the breakfasts are wonderful and worth spending time over, make sure you are hungry and give it the time it deserves, a lot of thought goes into the range and quality of food. (Try the porridge with whisky and brown sugar) The location could not be better and there are many small and inexpensive restaurants close to the hotel. The standard of personal service is of course what makes Red Carnation hotels extra special and for that we say thank you to everyone for making our few days special. We will be back and may never need to look at other hotels in London again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about The Chesterfield Mayfair and Red Carnation Hotels.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had the best nights sleep ever in London. I am pleased that your breakfast was particularly memorable.

Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

We had three wonderful days at Chesterfield, asuper small hotel in lovely Mayfair.
Great room with lots of space for business and pleasure, and perhaps the best serviceminded personell we haver ever met in UK.
From the doorman to our friendly waiter Christian- just enjoy.

The dinner at the hotel is the only disappointment, too pricy and not near the quality on offer close by.
Breakfast is super, and dont forget to have tea in wintergarden.
We will be back - because we loved this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chesterfield Mayfair? Share your experiences!