“Worst management ever!” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manama, Bahrain
“Worst management ever!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have nothing negative to say regarding the hotel location, cleanliness, comfort.. I have however been disappointed with the management team. Upon check-in at 1:30pm the reception desk showed me two reservations under my name, I mentioned that one of them needs to be cancelled as there must have been a mix up (I had a free cancellation policy till 4pm). Reception desk assured me this wasn't a problem and I only need to contact the website which I booked through. I did that, but by the time the website responded Radisson had charged me for a no-show Despite having informed them to cancel it! The website said Radisson should cancel atleast 50% although it should be 100% refund since the reception desk was aware of the issue. Besides that, I emailed the reservation team and reservation manager Tina, but I Never got a response from her and when I ask to see them through reception the reservation team/manager refuse to even meet me! The duty manager was also not helpful at all, she Agreed that it was a mistake on part of the reception desk BUT said I should still pay as no-show!
This is the most appalling management I have ever met with in any hotel and I travel alot. The issue could have been resolved easily but there was no communication at all between reception desk and duty manager nor reservation team. Reservation team weren't even aware that I was checked in the hotel!!!!

NEVER again will I return to a hotel that tells a guest "yes the receptionist made a mistake and we will speak to her about it but I'm afraid you still have to pay"

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It is good to hear that the accommodation, cleanliness, comfort and location were all to your liking.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the matters which have occurred and I can assure you that we are investigating into this rare incident as the service provided at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel is as transparent as possible in all our business activities. I would like to reassure you that one of the team shall contact you in due course as this is disappointing to learn about.

Yours sincerely and seasonal greetings,

marc.garrett@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Portman on Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary.
We were upgraded to suite which was the most wonderful gesture by the hotel.
What makes the Portman special is its fantastic location and friendly and efficient staff.
You are just a few minutes walk from Selfridges in Oxford Street. There are the main airport buses which stop outside the hotel making transfers easy. The area is safe and elegant and very interesting. There is no doubt that the Portman needs a little bit of a refurbishment. Parts of the hotel are certainly a little tired and old fashioned.
I would like to see Radisson put some investment into the Portman because it really could be the jewel in the crown. An efficient staff team, quick check-in, quick check out and nothing was too much trouble. Fantastic breakfast. We will return. Great hotel

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

It is delightful to read that you had a five star experience with the location of the hotel, the employees who went the extra mile through their kind, efficient and "Yes I Can" personalities with ensuring that your anniversary was celebrated with much happiness in trying to make it a positively memorable stay. I shall share your comments with the team as they will be equally pleased to hear they have delighted yourselves.

Your feedback regarding the hotel conditions have been shared with our Management team as we do value all feedback provided.

I am pleased you are planning on returning to this particular hotel when next in the area. The team and I shall look to make the stay just as highly satisfactory.

Best wishes and seasonal greetings,

liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

nice location,closed to oxford street,experienced staff,good service.i really enjoyed for two nights.i recommend this hotel to my friends.i will come back soon,so London you will miss me.thanks again for your hard work put into customer*s satisfaction.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Natasja,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.

It is great to read that you would recommend this hotel due to the high level of service, location of the hotel in relation to Oxford Street and the accommodation itself.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel when you are next in London.

Best wishes and seasonal greetings,

Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has a great location. It's central and close to everything few minutes walk to Oxford St / Hyde Park .I travelled with my elderly mum and used buses rather than tube and again everything within a few minutes walk . Staff were polite and helpful Breakfast was excellent, Nespresso coffee machine a nice touch !!

I would stay here again - if only for breakfast !!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sophie,

It is pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel was great including the convenience to bus stops ensured there was much less walking to be done within London. Likewise, the breakfast was your true highlight and that the service of the team was of the high level that we wish to provide.

I do hope that we can welcome you back at a later date for breakfast and a chance to visit more of the areas you wish to visit when in London.

Kind regards,

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There was nothing wrong with this hotel and it had a great location for shopping and sightseeing. ,rooms very modern and clean and comfortable but ours was extremely small. It was on the 4th floor and the ceiling were also very low. It was like being in a cabin on a boat. The corridors to the room were also very narrow, it certainly gave the impression of cramming as many rooms in as possible. There was no real public areas in the hotel, just typical of a central London hotel really, however the staff were very friendly, English and helpful (not typical of London hotels), so that was very nice. Everything was good just too cramped everywhere.

Room Tip: our friends who were not on the 4th floor did not mention having low ceiling heights.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from this stay.

I am pleased that the location of the hotel, and the cleanliness of the room were to your liking. In addition, the team's abilities provided a high level of service for this stay.

Although, I am disappointed to learn that you felt cramped within the room, affecting your overall satisfaction of stay. Being in Central London, the floor space within the room is less due to the land limitations but I am interested to hear you felt the ceiling was lower on the particular floor you stayed. I will bring this to the attention of our Engineering team for further investigation as initial discussions confirmed that the distance between one floor and the next is the same throughout the building.

I do hope that we can locate a different room for you on a future stay so that you experience a fully satisfactory stay with the room and service in a well-located area of London.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice location, closed to the central and the Oxford street. the service was it great. The room was it clean and tidy. They have a very helpful and kind staffs, how are always help and give me information if i am stuck at my way. In the restaurant it was a big option at breakfast. The check in was it quick and the check out has option on late, what it is very good. The porters were very kind.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Abdulaziz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

It is reassuring to hear that your stay with us was highly satisfactory due to the service of the team throughout the hotel assisting you as much as possible, the cleanliness of the room, the flexibility o the team to provide an early check-in and late check-out when available and the options of food for breakfast bringing variety for you.

I shall share your comments with the team and we look forward to making your next stay just as memorable as this one.

Warmest regards,

Brackley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been staying at this hotel whilst visiting London for over 30 years and for me it's become home from home. It has a certain class that other hotels in the neighbourhood just don't have. All the staff are friendly and most helpful. Some of the doormen and porters have been there as long as I've been visiting and there's always a smile and warm greeting. As on previous visits we were well looked after this time with a great room and great service. We'll be back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your most recent visit.

It is delighting to read that you have been staying at this location for the past 30 years and we can still continually please you on each visit and the recognition of your loyalty is rewarded by the colleagues who have been here throughout the years.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area and making your stay special as it should be once again.

Warmest regards,

marc.garrett@radissonblu.com

Been to Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London? Share your experiences!