“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Had a city break with my mum at this hotel and we are both very pleased with it. Enjoyed every aspect of it, the staff is super helpful, breakfasts are simply delicious, all food is fresh and is of excellent quality. The location is perfect for pretty much everything taking into account the mere size of the city centre. Madame Tussauds was literally round the corner and Bond Street and Piccadilly are just a pleasant stroll away. The only slight criticism is that the bath tub and shower were dated and it would be nice to bring them to the high standard of the rest of the hotel. All in all, we do recommend Radisson Blu London.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluPortman, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Guest

What a nice comment and such a positive feedback about our service, food and the location. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that our bathroom facilities didn't meet with your expectations. On that note, I am happy to inform you that we are currently doing a soft refurbishment in our standard and superior rooms, this includes the bathroom floor tiles and new shower and bath fittings.

If you are planning to stay with us again, please let me know so I could allocate one of our latest refurbished bedrooms.

cristina.calderon@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were upgraded to a business room which had several extra's including dressing gown and slippers. We also had a coffee making machine and upgraded toiletries which was lovely. Bathroom was large and had a bath with a shower attached and plenty of hot water. We were on the 9th floor and had a good nights sleep as did not hear any noise either inside or outside the hotel, Ideally located to explore the West End and only a 2 minute walk to Oxford Street and a 5 minute walk from Marble Arch tube station. Overall a good stay and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for such a lovely review.

I am very pleased to read that the upgraded toiletries and the coffee machine in the business rooms are appreciated. I believe little extras make a difference and I am delighted to know that was the case for your stay.

If you are coming back to London please let me know and I will be happy to take care of your booking. We would love to become your home away from home.

Knaresborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

So check in was very efficient and we did get a nice room upgrade to business which was OK but many areas look in need of an upgrade.
The location is perfect for central London and so I can understand paying a little more but still, and with many UK hotels, the fee doesn't match the overall service you receive.
Breakfast was very mediocre; there was plenty of choice but again that word, just "OK!"
Room service was slow but the prosecco and strawberries were a nice welcoming touch when we arrived.
If location for the West End matters, consider this hotel but I'm sure there are cheaper who offer the same.

Room Tip: Ask for a cheeky upgrade to business.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that on this occasion we didn’t exceed your expectations. I may assure you that your feedback is very valuable to us. It helps us to identify which areas we need to focus on in order to provide that expected service from us and wow our guests.

If your travel plans bring you to London in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to allow me to deal with your booking personally.

I am very much looking forward to host you again to turn a night stay with us into a memorable trip .

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

It was just fine. Nothing was wrong. It was clean and efficient and useful.
The rooms are slightly larger than the average London hotel room, which isn't saying much as the average room will hold you and your luggage as long as you don't expect to move around once you're in there, but it is important since we all appreciate a bit of space.
Breakfast had a decent range of items, but nothing was too great, nor bad.
Desk staff were very efficient and friendly. I liked them. They sorted a few requests for me with no problem.
So this is a perfectly fine place to come. Not for a romantic getaway or special occasion, but perfectly fine if you have some business in the neighborhood.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel.

It was with a great pleasure to read your lovely comments about the reception staff and I would like to thank you for that. We do take pride in delivering an efficient and customer friendly experience and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I will make sure that your kind praise is passed on to the team. I am also pleased to read your recommendations of the place and I would like to assure you the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel is a perfect place to come not only for business but any other occasion as well. We are located a "stone throw" from the Oxford Street - perfect for shopping and great starting point for sightseeing as well. Moreover, we always appreciate a chance to personalize any occasions our guest might be celebrating with us in order to make more special.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon and have a chance to "wow" you upon your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great choice for a hotel. Very central to shopping areas which my girlfriend and me were happy about. The staff were helpful and we actually, after going out after 9 on saturday evening, came back to a cleaned room to our surprise. Satisfying visit overall.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that we were able to make this occasion memorable for you! I couldn’t be happier that you were satisfied with the room and in particular with the turndown service. Such a lovely comment will be definitely passed to our housekeeping department, which will be as happy as me for your appreciation!

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon again.

Kind regards

Accra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Oxford street is just around the corner from here and this makes it perfect if you are here for shopping. Reception at this hotel was truly superb, rooms are average and a bit cold when you just arrive. Our room had a strange design although it was an upgrade, so I wonder how standard rooms are? What I found disappointing was the bfast restaurant, it was terribly crowded and the food arrangement failed to impress, although there was everything you could really wish on a short stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Coordinator at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted to hear you have found our location convenient for your stay; we are indeed just a short walk from Oxford Street and main tourist’s attractions and shops. Also, I am very happy to see that the staff made the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable!

On the other hand, I am very disappointed to read that your Portman breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. Rest assured your feedback will be shared with our F&B Manager, who undoubtedly will find a solution to run the breakfast smoothly even in the rush hour!

Thank you again for your kind comments and I hope to see you at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel when your plans bring you back to London.

Kind regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We arrived at the hotel just before 3pm which is the check in time, so we waited until 3pm and when we approached the reception they told us that the other room is not yet ready, and they want us to wait another hour or two which is very disappointing because we were all tired already and want to rest, the only good side was they have given us free upgrade to business class. It was our first time in London and it greeted us with disappointment with experience with the hotel. Never theless the hotel location was great and the staff were very helpful

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.
I am delighted to read that you felt our staff was very helpful and that you were happy with the location. We are indeed located in the heart of London with access to all kind of public transport, main attractions and for those who are shopping lovers, 5 minutes away from the famous Oxford Street and Carnaby Street.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not having been able to provide both rooms at our guaranteed check in time.
Nevertheless I am happy to see that you enjoyed our business class rooms, which are bigger than the Standard rooms and are equipped with additional amenities such as a Nespresso coffee machine and bathrobes and slippers.

If your travel plans bring you to London and to us again, I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly to allow me to take care of your booking personally and deliver the service expected from us.

Justyna.kozuchowska@radissonblu.com

Been to Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London? Share your experiences!