“Better last time, may stay elsewhere next time” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #425 of 1,049 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Better last time, may stay elsewhere next time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a long wait to check in, we arrived approx 1.30pm. Our room was a standard room but was very small and basic in my opinion, we enjoyed our stay here last year but we were lucky to have been given a business class room which seemed slightly bigger and better decorated.
We had a bad heat/air con unit which constantly whistled on and off all night even though I had turned the unit off, I did let the front desk know and they kindly offered us breakfast, however that didn't make up for getting no sleep ( In a premier inn the room would of been free ! ).
Good location but not sure if we will stay again as the standard of room was average and I know there are better around.

• Stayed March 2013
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write the review regarding your recent stay.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us the first time, but regret to see that we were not able to meet your expectations during this stay. We do offer a range of different room types that vary in size and upon the next visit we would be happy to show you some of the other room types to find a room better suitable for your needs. We would sincerely like to apologize for the issues with the air conditioning system and the inconvenience it caused. Rest assured this will certainly be followed up by our Chief Engineer to ensure that such issues would not reoccur. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly to discuss further your recent experience with us?

I do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again and upon the next visit we hope to meet and exceed your expectations.

laura.johansson@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is perfectly situated for both shopping and adventures. We spend almost a week during Easter. The friendly hotel staff had prepaired an egg hunt and some other fun activities. Thank you so much. Rooms are a little dated but well kept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your uplifting review regarding your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Easter and that the Egg hunt as well as the other Easter activities made your stay even more memorable. We are very proud of our indeed friendly and attentive staff as well as our central location close to the Oxford Street.

We hope to see you back soon again. Until then, if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a 2 night stay including breakfast in this hotel over Easter weekend.
We checked in at midday And the receptionist was very professional,friendly and efficient. She was very informative and attentive.
Our room was not ready so we went out for a few hours and when we got our key we were amazed to find we had been upgraded to business class !
the room was beautiful with lots of little extras including a nespresso coffee maker, A fully stocked mini bar and some lovely toiletries. We had a robe and slippers too which was just lovely!
We went out for dinner and came back to find our bed had been turned down - another lovely touch.
Breakfast was as everyone has said - amazing ! We had a great cooked breakfast and lovely fresh pastries - perfect.
We had a fab weekend here and will definitely be coming back and would recommend this hotel to everyone!
I probably wouldn't recommend a gin and tonic in the bar though as it was very expensive at £23 for two (I could have bought a bottle of Bombay sapphire for the same price in tesco). That was the only bad point - published prices on the bar may have saved us a few quid - but we are probably just not used to hotel bar prices to be fair.

Room Tip: Have breakfast - skip the lobby bar !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your heartwarming comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I couldn’t be happier to hear you enjoyed you stay with us and that you found our staff friendly and professional. We do take great pride in our staff and it will be my pleasure to pass your kind feedback to our team. I am glad to hear that you also found our Super breakfast amazing and it is indeed a excellent start for the day. It’s great to see that you appreciated the complimentary upgrade given to Business class and the rooms are indeed lovely with the upgraded amenities.

We can’t wait to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel! In the meantime, if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jarfalla, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Way below expectation. the best i can say about this hotel is that I liked the breakfeast but it is not included.
Otherwise get another hotel for your money. This is not a cheep hotel and you should expect more.
*The drain in the washbasin was not working when we arrived. We told the front desk, and it was fixed the next day. Why didn’t the Cleaning lady discover that from the beginning?
*It’s not possible to stand up in the shower If you are taller than 1.75
*The door lock did not work from inside the room. We told the front desk but it was never fixed.
*Day 2 we went back to the hotel in the afternoon after a shopping tour in Westfield. The room had not been cleaned yet at half past three.
*My husband went out in the corridor to find someone in the Staff to get clean cups for coffee (due to late cleaning there was only used cups available in our room). The cleaning lady he found didn’t understand ANY English. How do they ensure that the staff understand the security regulations and knows what to do in case of emergency?
*The lock and the security chain on the balcony door were broken. Not a very safe room if you have kids!
*We had a late flight back home and got permission to have late check-out the last day but when we returned the keys cards did not work and we had to go to the front desk again. (actually, the same thing occurred last time). If you give a customer a new check-out time, what is the process to get everything to work properly?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your stay in May 2012 and brining the issues to our attention.

I am saddened to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. Allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of the Hotel. The issues raised in the review regarding the service have been highlighted to the department heads and they will follow up accordingly the areas where further improvement is still needed. The Hotel does have international staff that is a good opportunity as many of our guests are international travelers. Rest assured, all of our staff have been trained how to act and what to do in case of an emergency.
As the stay was already in May 2012 we have had the opportunity to already address some of the matters mentioned in the review. We greatly appreciate the feedback as it helps us to identify areas where we need to improve when moving forward. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly regarding your experience with us as I would like to make it right for you?

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon again and upon the next stay we would be able to meet and exceed you expectations.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I just came back from London were I stayed ten nights at the Radisson Blu Portman. in a nutshell, the location is so great that one finds him/her self out of the hotel all the time. Marble Arch, Oxford St, Edgewar Rd, Bond St. and much attractions are all close by. Avoid the breakfast and have the staff empty the mini bar, fill it with Marks and Spencer's hummos and bread along with some of their excellent jucies and enjoy. Staff is great.

• Stayed March 2013
RadissonBluPortman, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your stay.

I am glad to see that you were pleased with our very central location. As the Hotel is just off the Oxford St. like you mentioned many of the attractions as well as restaurants and bars and not forgetting the shops are just nearby. Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our indeed great staff. The Yes I Can-service is the heart of the hotel and I agree that the service and the staff really make a difference to guests stay.

We are lookign forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We spent a week here and the hotel could not have worked out better. The place is busy--and yet the staff was consistently very attentive and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable--we got all three kids into one room (two twin beds and a portable). Location was great--hotel is on a quiet street but very close to shopping, reasonable ethnic restaurants and the tube.

I have not been to London for a number of years--and had bad memories of cramped rooms. This place has updated my perception of London hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a heartwarming review regarding your recent stay with us.

We couldn’t be happier to hear that we are able to make your stay with us a memorable one. Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our indeed very helpful and attentive staff. It will be my pleasure to pass your kind compliments to the team as I am sure they will be a great motivation. I absolutely agree that the rooms are indeed very comfortable and our central location couldn’t be better.

We can’t wait to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again. In the meantime if there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

West Calder, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel has a lot of positives and a couple of negatives. I stayed here one night on business. Ordinarily, I wouldn't stay here as at £215 per night (excluding breakfast) it's quite expensive and more than our business would generally sanction. That said, it's not over the top for London prices given it's location near Marble arch and Oxford Street.

First the good, the staff were all very pleasant and check in was straightforward. I arrived a little early and they allowed check in by 12:00, they even made the effort to get my room ready early.

I liked the foyer area, lots of comfortable seating/sofas for relaxing or conducting an informal business meeting.

The room was a standard double, well enough appointed if a little on the small side. It was fine for one night's business, I wouldn't have wanted to stay here for a week's holiday with my good lady, too cramped for that.

The bed was comfortable with decent pillows. The bathroom was clean and well appointed but once again, on the small side.

My main issue was at night time, the room windows were poorly fitting with the result being they let in street/traffic noise and also whistled in the wind. This meant I didn't have a good nights rest and you expect better for £215.00. I did complain at check out the next morning, but short of the obligatory apology, nothing was offered by way of a reduced rate or partial refund.

I had an early start so didn't partake of breakfast.

Overall, a decent hotel, let down by a poor nights rest and you simply expect better at those rates.

My room was 656, best avoided.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up or away from the street just in case all the room windows are the same.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you were pleased with most of your stay, but I regret to read that you were not completely satisfied with the whole stay. Allow me extend my sincerest apologies regarding the issue with the noise coming from outside disturbed your good night sleep. Rest assured this has been highlighted to our Chief Engineer and he will follow up with it accordingly. We do offer a variety of room types and upon the next visit we would be happy to show you different types of room to find a room better suitable for your needs. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly to better discuss your recent experience as I would certainly like to make it right for you?

I do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you soon again and I hope that upon the next visit we would be able to meet and exceed your expectations.

laura.johansson@radissonblu.com

Been to Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London? Share your experiences!