Well, we booked this hotel through ibis website directly but after reading reviews from tripadvisor!
1) checkin- was ok as i felt the welcome was really cold. They gave us our room at 12pm as we had arrived early by 10 am which is the only thing I'm happy about. And no bell boy, you need to carry your own luggage no matter how many you got!
2) room - was decent for the price we paid, with only coffee and kettle in rooms! You have to pay for tv! Oh and no complimentary water!
3) internet - cant complain as we could use internet in our rooms through wifi with good speed!
4) location - was perfect with mcdonalds right across and DLR 5 mins walk away!
5) laundry- we kept our bag of clothes which we wanted to be ironed only to see it kept back untouched! Yes, we did fill the laundry form but they gave a damn to inform us as why they couldn't provide us with laundry service!
5) breakfast - same continental tasteless breakfast everyday! Not happy as i paid for it!
6) room service - PATHETIC! We ordered food last night of our stay and were told that:
Reception: once your food is ready we shall call you to come and collect your food from reception
Me: why don't you send it to our room as its room service
Reception : sorry, we don't have staff!
Fine, we went down to see our food kept on table UNCOVERED! We asked them to cover it as we will be back in 2mins!
While taking our food:
Reception guy(with direct rude approach): you need to pay for the food.
Me: of-course we will pay, charge it to our room.
Reception: sorry, your room is booked and paid in advance so we cant add it to your room.
Us: ok, let us know the amount, i shall bring the money (while picking the tray)
Reception: sorry mam, before taking the food you need to pay, i cannot let you take the food!!!!
Bloody hell, as if we are running away with the food! It just pissed me off!
I went back up, bought the money and gave it to them with no apology in return!
Even with it being a budget hotel, basic service and ethics prevail even in a 1 star hotel of hotel industry! Was not expecting anything great like a 4 or 5 star service!
This was absolutely rude, disrespectful and pathetic!
Oh i am writing this review from same hotel room :) and surely checking out tom morning!
If you are looking to just sleep in hotel rooms with good location and price - go for it!
Or else look elsewhere as I'm totally disappointed with Ibis in London!
They are brining down the name of ibis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf hotel is an economy London hotel in the Docklands area. Your hotel booking puts you minutes walk from the commercial and financial hub of Canary Wharf, and a short light rail journey from ExCel and the O2 Arena. The 87 modern guestrooms all come with satellite TV and free internet access. You can enjoy a snack or a light meal at the Cafe. City Airport is just 5km from the hotel, and there is secure onsite parking for up to 30 cars. There is a free web corner in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Docklands Hotel London
- Accor London Docklands
- Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf England