“Avoid if you are looking for service!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf

You added Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf to your Saves list
Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Baffin Way off Preston Road, London E149PE, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #489 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Avoid if you are looking for service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Well, we booked this hotel through ibis website directly but after reading reviews from tripadvisor!

1) checkin- was ok as i felt the welcome was really cold. They gave us our room at 12pm as we had arrived early by 10 am which is the only thing I'm happy about. And no bell boy, you need to carry your own luggage no matter how many you got!

2) room - was decent for the price we paid, with only coffee and kettle in rooms! You have to pay for tv! Oh and no complimentary water!

3) internet - cant complain as we could use internet in our rooms through wifi with good speed!

4) location - was perfect with mcdonalds right across and DLR 5 mins walk away!

5) laundry- we kept our bag of clothes which we wanted to be ironed only to see it kept back untouched! Yes, we did fill the laundry form but they gave a damn to inform us as why they couldn't provide us with laundry service!

5) breakfast - same continental tasteless breakfast everyday! Not happy as i paid for it!

6) room service - PATHETIC! We ordered food last night of our stay and were told that:

Reception: once your food is ready we shall call you to come and collect your food from reception
Me: why don't you send it to our room as its room service
Reception : sorry, we don't have staff!

Fine, we went down to see our food kept on table UNCOVERED! We asked them to cover it as we will be back in 2mins!

While taking our food:

Reception guy(with direct rude approach): you need to pay for the food.
Me: of-course we will pay, charge it to our room.
Reception: sorry, your room is booked and paid in advance so we cant add it to your room.
Us: ok, let us know the amount, i shall bring the money (while picking the tray)
Reception: sorry mam, before taking the food you need to pay, i cannot let you take the food!!!!

Bloody hell, as if we are running away with the food! It just pissed me off!
I went back up, bought the money and gave it to them with no apology in return!
Even with it being a budget hotel, basic service and ethics prevail even in a 1 star hotel of hotel industry! Was not expecting anything great like a 4 or 5 star service!
This was absolutely rude, disrespectful and pathetic!

Oh i am writing this review from same hotel room :) and surely checking out tom morning!

If you are looking to just sleep in hotel rooms with good location and price - go for it!
Or else look elsewhere as I'm totally disappointed with Ibis in London!

They are brining down the name of ibis!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. I was disappointed to hear about the issues that you have encountered in our hotel and I would like to assure you that I am personally investigating the matter. Please feel free to contact me directly on sylvie.gallon@accor.com in order to discuss the issues further.

We hope to see you again soon.

Yours Sincerely

Sylvie Gallon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was convenient for City Airport using the DLR which is about 5 minutes away. The room was acceptable for one night and I thought that it being on the ground floor it might be noisy but it was ok. The bed was comfortable but space was limited. The both room was more of a cabin style wet room which was ok in itself but after a shower the whole floor was wet as the water failed to drain quickly and the floor became away. Otherwise it was an ok stay for a short stay with no frills.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed the location and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Yours sincerely,

Cotswolds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's an Ibis, so I expected clean, small and functional - which is what I got! The staff were lovely. The bathroom is a real problem. Like other reviewers, as soon as I started using the sink, an awful smell of sewage filled the room. I phoned for a member of staff who arrived promptly with bleach but seemed very unsurprised. It's obviously a common problem. The smell didn't go away and was making me feel ill, so I asked to be moved to another room. This was managed very efficiently but...the smell was present in the second room too! PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DRAINS/SEWERS!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ibisLondonDockland, Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback.

Your experience does not reflect the normal high standards of service we offer so please accept my sincere apologies.

I shall follow up on your comments for immediate action. Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback and I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for a hassle free experience.

Assistant Manager
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Internet was free unless you want fast internet.

Small but well organized room.

Close to metro.

Quite expensive when booked as compared to posted rates when I got there. This is the Ibis not a high end hotel and was definitely more on the pricier side.

One lift / elevator which was problematic.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

Assistant Manager.
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed in the Ibis in the Docklands after visiting the 02 Arena to See Barty Gibb. You cannot walk from the Hotel to the arena and a taxi will cost £20.00 at least each way. But with the low hotel B&B costs it was OK. You can stay within walking distance but you will pay more even with the taxis. Staff welcoming and informative, room was very clean with the modular shower/ toilet system which is very functional, good firm double bed and pillows. Slept well after we turned off the noisy A/c system. Breakfast was a surprise at only £8.99 each, very good value and quality although they only provide scrambled eggs, but that was v/good. If you are looking for a budget hotel whilst attending the 02 I would suggest you stay here. I certainly will next time I am at a concert.

Room Tip: I think at the Ibis all the rooms are ths same, so all good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am very thankful for your feedback here on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.
I look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

Kind regards

Assistant Manager
Ibis London docklands canary Wharf.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2013 for a gig at IndigO2

The room was very comfortable, with great air con, TV and shower "pod". Pretty much like any Travelodge, but with a comfier bed, better TV and more space.

You can't walk to the O2 from here. It was £15 to get a taxi, but I caught the tube back to Canary Wharf, and walked 15 minutes - it can be tricky to find late at night, so make sure you plan your route. It's very safe, but tiring on the legs if you take a wrong turn.

There's no room service after a certain time, but you can get drinks and snacks in the bar. The staff are very friendly.

I was really impressed with breakfast - everything you might like is on offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ibisLondonDockland, General Manager at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf.

Sylvie Gallon

Been to Ibis London Docklands Canary Wharf? Share your experiences!