“Not as bad!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grapevine Hotel

You added The Grapevine Hotel to your Saves list
The Grapevine Hotel
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   117 Warwick Way | Victoria, Westminster, London SW1V 4HT, England   |
Ranked #408 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Liverpool
“Not as bad!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights in February 2010 and it was a wonderful experience.
I was limited on budget so I booked this place, I did read a lot of reviews and I was very scared.
When I got here my whole perception changed. Staff is very nice and helpful. Rooms are very small but with that money (£20 Per Night) it is worth it. I had lcd tv in the room, tea maker etc etc. All amenities were there and they were clean as well. I recommend it for everyone who is looking for cheap place to stay. Good value for money!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rastatt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

I stayed there for 3 nights and my first thought was "for so little money, I can't expect a good accomodation in the middle of London". But I was so wrong.
I was very surpriced how nice the rooms were. Sure, you can't compare it with hotel standard as it is just B&B. So everything is basic and space is rare in London City. That is why rooms are small. But they are clean, I had my own shower and toilet (on demand), hair dryer, daily fresh toiletries, a mirror and flat screen TV. Breakfast was good and sufficient. And most important: People were very, very friendly and very helpfull.
As I said you can't compare it with hotel standard, but for so little money, it is the best accommodation you'll ever find in London City if you decide for B&B.
If I ever come back to London, I'll stay there again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Katowice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Very nice staff, low price, rooms were OK. No problems.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on my way back to Canada as it is located near the Victoria train & coach station with 2 star. The room I had was a approx. 50 ft2 single room, the washroom is the same size as the plane that you can't turn around. On top of that is the service that I did request to have breakfast at 7.20 am, just 10 min. earlier before the opening time of 7.30 am as I had to catch earlier flight. I have been told it is OK by the reception. But as a matter of fact, I had been kicked out from the breakfast room by a woman with East European accent. It was already 7.25 min. Conclusion, never trust the so called 2**. And if you like to enjoy communist cold service, extremely small room without any desk, chair, dirty carpet, it will be the right choice for you.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Location-wise, the Grapevine Hotel is really not that close to Victoria Station. I would have to say it is a good 15-20 min walk, though dragging heavy luggage across Buckingham Palace Rd and Eccleston Bridge makes it feel like an eternity.
Check in is at 1pm and was a breeze. The proprietor whose name I can't remember, was a kind man who was so pleasant that I can almost forgive them for their falsely advertised "short distance" walk from Victoria Station.

I booked a single room with an ensuite. My room was on the second floor and upon seeing the narrow, spiralling stairs I started to feel sorry for those above me. How many floors were there? There is no elevator, so one must carry their luggage up these steep stairs. Me, being a solo female and not of a very large stature was left to my own devices in carrying one large piece of luggage, backpack and bag up the scariest 10 min of my life.

My room had 3 twin beds which was a pleasant surprise. And that was about it.
The carpet is completely worn out and I feared taking my shoes off. The window had no screen and was open at all times. I tried closing it but it would not budge, so for the next 2 days I prayed that no misguided birds or insects would be flying my way.
The bathroom, oh my where do I start? There is a serious mould problem in the ceiling, walls, shower curtain everywhere!

To be fair, I was aware that it is rated a 2-star hotel and not surprised at the standards. London is such a terrific city that I hardly spent any time in the room at all. The Grapevine is ok for a short stay. But that's about it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Hyderabad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

unfriendly staff, worse service.

• Liked — nothing at all
  • Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

the room was so small the bed hardly fit in it and we had to open our suitcase on the bed. we banged our heads off everything in the bathroom (if you could call it that) and it was so dirty. not exactly the romantic weekend we had hoped for. we weren't expecting luxury, just a basic room with some floor space but it was far below basic. i have never had a lot of money and have always stayed in budget hotels which are acceptable but this was beyond a joke. i wouldn't even recommend it to a homeless person, they would be better off staying in their cardboard box.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grapevine Hotel? Share your experiences!