“weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Euston

Save Saved
You added Hilton London Euston to your Saves list
Hilton London Euston
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-18 Upper Woburn Place | Bloomsbury, London WC1H 0HT, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £153
Ranked #531 of 1,075 hotels in London
doncaster
“weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just had a weekend here with the wife and two kids. 10 mins walk from kings cross and about 30 to 40 mins walk to covent garden, or if you preffer a taxi costs about £10. We had room 204 it was on the front of the building ,there was some road noise but nothing that bothered us ( we are used to silence at night.) The room was excellent , very clean and modern with complimentary robes,water tea etc , large flat sceen tv and iphone dock. very nice breakfast included with all the usual options and when our hot drinks came the kids were asked if they would like a hot chocolate . All the staff we met were all pleasant and happy to help. A very nice place to stay with easy access to the city, would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to note that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for your positive remarks regarding the cleanliness and staff friendliness.
We also understand that transport links and local services can be just as important as the hotel itself when considering a hotel to stay in and we are thrilled to hear that you found the location of the hotel convenient for all of your transportation requirements.
We do hope to have another occasion to welcome you back and your family.

1,021 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Versailles, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Would certainly recommend this hotel for its central location, close to Eurostar terminal and a few tube stations from the City. Regents park nearby. Rooms pleasant, clean and comfortable but lack a little charm. Staff friendly and helpful. Good restaurant and generous buffet breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very grateful for you taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are indeed very close to Euston Station as well was walking distance from both Kings Cross Underground and St Pancras International for ease of travel to Europe and to the centre of London.
Thank you for your positive remarks regarding the staff and breakfast.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to the Big City and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel

With regards

Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel many times over the last 10 years but felt disappointed this time. Requested quiet, twin room as usual. The bed was a double and the drone from the generator or whatever it was, kept us awake. Also the music from the gym below our room was ridiculously loud during the day. No bedside table so had to move/use the small table in the room, no water on arrival but there was some on the second day. The prices seem to have kept on creeping & now this hotel is expensive for what you get. Like the location though close to Euston station & Bloomsbury but in future I think we will look elsewhere in the vicinity. Disappointing for a Hilton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton London Euston with TripAdvisor. I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I am pleased to note that you are a regular guest, however I am sorry that you were disappointed on this occasion. I understand that you have high expectations with the Hilton brand and I am sorry that we were unable to meet these in this case.
I have passed on your feedback to our gym contractor and also instructed the team to keep the music lower. With regards to the price, I am sorry you considered us to be overpriced. Please be assured that we check our rates daily against the local competition and are considered reasonable when compared to similar establishments across West London.
Again, I extend my apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Made a large group booking for everyone in our family to stay on the night of our wedding. Despite making the booking and paying well in advance - when we came to the last couple checking in they told us that they didn't have one of the double rooms and my sister and partner had to stay in two single rooms.

In the morning we discussed this with the manager, we didn't even get an apology and were told that they would have to charge us for the extra room! We contacted them again the next day to complain and they agreed to change back to just charging us for the double room that we never got!

Terrible service.

Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for a weekend birthday treat for my daughter and I. I wanted something near a station and in a relatively lit up area for walking back to at night.

Also, my daughter wanted something a bit classier that a Travelodge or Premier inn type place - how wrong she was!

The reception staff were snooty and unfriendly when we checked in on the Friday, late afternoon. We had booked a twin room, however she said we had to take a double. Rather than cause a fuss, I decided to let it go and anyway I could share with my daughter.
The receptionist tried to sell us an upgrade, which is not something I have ever encountered at a hotel before.

We were given room 407, and even my daughter who hasn't stayed in many hotels laughed out loud when she saw how tiny it was.
There was a small double bed pushed up against the wall
No bedside tables or lights
One reading light above the bed, which was so low that my daughter hit her head on it, while trying to get into the bed, as she had to climb across since there was no access at that side.
Hardly any space for our bags, or to move past each other
Tiny wardrobe with hardly any hanging space since there was also an ironing board (goodness knows where you would have found space to put that up); and so narrow that my coat had to squish in to get the door closed.

The bathroom was clean, there was one of those rubbish hairdryers in the bathroom - waste of time.
Shower wasn't very powerful, and the water wasn't hot on the Sunday, even though there was hot water in the basin taps, the shower was inadequate.

Air-conditioning very noisy and not very effective.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid room 407, its right across from the lifts and very very tiny.
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us. It is through our guest’s valuable feedback that we are able to evaluate and improve upon the high standards of customer service expected of us.
Needless to say, I am disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with the service received from our reception team. With regards to your comments about the size of the room I would like to advise that the hotel is set in a Victorian building and due to its history and age we are unable to make any change to the structure. However we do have bigger rooms and had we been informed of your dissatisfaction with the room during your stay, we could have arranged another suitable room for you. We kindly advise our guests to contact reception if the rooms are not satisfied so that we will be able to rectify the problem immediately.
Clearly, we did not meet your expectations and I am truly sorry.
As a valued customer of Hilton Hotels, if there is anything I could do to make amends for your experience please feel free to contact me. (Diliana.dimitrova@hilton.com).

Diliana Dimitrova
Faversham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Avoid room 205 if you don't like having a double bed against the wall. At a hotel where you would expect some space and quality it was very disappointing to be put in a double room, with a single wardrobe, bed against the wall, no bedside tables ..... The reception staff on the first night weren't interested when I complained about the room. In the morning when I asked for a stall as a bedside table they were more helpful and the room was changed to a good sized double room. Room 212 is fine and 216 for a twin is good. There are no biscuits which I found very surprising. The breakfast was OK but no tomatoes or mushrooms which again was surprising. It is in a good location and apparently the gym is fine.

Room Tip: 205 bad. 212 double good 216 twin good You can hear the clock tower from all of them.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the hotel.
First and foremost I would like to apologise that the room size did not meet your expectations, however due to the age and history of the building the size and shape of the bedrooms vary depending on their location within the property.
I was disappointed also to note that the night staff seemed not to be interested in your problem, I have passed this feedback to the department head in order to avoid any recurrence.
With regards to your comments about the biscuits, the tomatoes and mushrooms I would like to advise that Hilton changed recently its brand standards and as a consequence you won’t find them in any other Hilton.
Thank you for staying with us and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards,

Armagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stay at this hotel about once a month on business. The rooms vary from large and spacious to very cramped and the double bed is jammed against the wall.
On the plus side the staff are always friendly and willing to help.
Bathrooms are compact and the showers work, which is just as well as the baths are not much use to anyone over 5 foot!
The heating zircon still manages to defeat me.
Breakfast is good but can get busy.
The bar is expensive - a round can be eye waveringly expensive, even for London.
Overall I stay here because I don't pay for the room and it is convenient, but at close to £200 a night you expect more - especially from this chain.
Would I stay if I was paying - No I'd go to the Pullman down the road!

Room Tip: Avoid the lifts and rooms on the front can be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit at Hilton London Euston.
I am sorry if you considered us to be overpriced. Please be assured that we check our rates daily against the local competition and are considered reasonable when compared to similar establishments across West London.
Thank you for the positive remarks regarding the staff friendliness and the breakfast quality however I do apologise if we did not meet all of your expectations.
We look forward to welccome you back soon.

Best regards,

Guest relations

Been to Hilton London Euston? Share your experiences!