“Great location and clean room, average everything else” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Euston

You added Hilton London Euston to your Saves list
Hilton London Euston
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-18 Upper Woburn Place | Bloomsbury, London WC1H 0HT, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #627 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Great location and clean room, average everything else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

On the plus side - a stone's throw from Euston and King's Cross stations and walking distance to Bloomsbury and Tottenham Court Road so great location. Room was very clean.
Down side - small room but understandable for a listed building. Secondary glazing or not it is on a busy road so there is constant traffic noise, not great for a light sleeper. It is incomprehensible to me that on a Sunday the gym closes at 4pm and the breakfasts were as expensive as they were.
Sadly the negatives made this seem an overpriced stay - i'd picked this hotel and therefore paid more than planned (compared to other hotels nearby) specifically to use the gym / sauna but with check-in not til 3pm on Sunday it didn't happen.

• Stayed April 2013
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear GDCOWELL,

Thank you very much for your feedback, please accept my apologies that we did not fully meet on this occasion your expectations.
I am very sorry about the noise from the outside traffic, however do the building being listed any changes we do make has to be approved beforehand we do have double glazed windows as well as secondary glazing on all the windows at the front of the hotel, which should ensure that the noise is not too loud.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience with the gym opening times, I have shared your comments with our hotel management to avoid any recurrence in the future.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton London Euston

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It's the first time that I not advice an Hilton hotel. I always had good experience exempt in this one. I went in London for business (one night by chance), first even if I was gold the hotel didnt upgrade the room (first time as wellin a Hilton) but it's not the worse (quoi que...). The room was very, very little. Ok it was mentioned for one person but their is limit espacially in an Hilton even if in London. The room was very noisy (I earded the street having the feeling to be in their) and the windows was also not isolated, I feld the wind (cold) thrue it. The price, in opposite was huge, more than 200€! So really a bad experience. Prefer the Green park (romantic), or the Park lane (classic), even the metropole or much better my favorite the Trafalgar (so British with a semplid vue and deco) and avoid the Euston.
Ps I forgot even the sheets where dirty :-(((

Room Tip: Do not choose the single rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Azureas,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. All feedbacks are taken very seriously and valued to improve our services and hotel condition.

It is concerning to learn from your response that we did not on this occasion, deliver the quality you rightly expect when choosing the Hilton Brand.

First and foremost I would like to apologise that the room size did not meet your expectations, however due to the age and history of the building the size and shape of the bedrooms vary depending on their location within the property. Please accept my apologies if on this occasion we couldn’t upgrade you, but the hotel was fully booked.

I am also very sorry about the noise, however do the building being listed any changes we do make has to be approved beforehand and we have in the past few years put secondary glazing on top of our double glazed windows.

Regarding the sheets I would be most grateful if you could please contact myself (diliana.dimitrova@hilton.com) and provide me with your room number so we can fully investigate the matter.

I hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future and once again, thank you for your feedback.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

room tiny. breakfast ordinary and high charge for wifi. the value compared with the new entarnts to the market is poor. Hilton have to provide more if they are to justify a significantly increased price. the competition has caught up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry you considered us to be overpriced. Please be assured that we check our rates daily against the local competition and are considered reasonable when compared to similar establishments across West London.
I would be pleased to be able to welcome you back and to have the opportunity to show you our hotel in a different light.

Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Good location for Euston and Kings Cross/St Pancras.

We travelled as 2 adults and a child and booked a family room which consisted of a large king size bed and a sofa bed.
We stopped over here as we we due to travel on the eurostar early the next day and the hotel is approx 10mins walk from St Pancras.

Room was clean and spacious. We had robes and slippers, toiletries, tea/coffee facilities, iron, hairdryer, alarm clock and ipod dock, safe...everything we could need! Breakfast was a good selection of hot/cold food, fruits, pastries, full english etc.

We arrived early at 12 noon and the room was ready and we were allowed to check-in which was great.

We got this room in the Hilton January Sale and got it for about £150 for the 3 of us, B&B which was good considering the Premier Inn nearby was £120 Room Only

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us which included the opportunity to start your day with the famous Hilton buffet breakfast.
We are indeed very close to Euston Station as well was walking distance from both Kings Cross Underground and St Pancras International for ease of travel to Europe and to the centre of London.
I do hope that we will have another opportunity to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future or the next time you are in London.

Lake Forest, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here on Hilton points for 2 nights in a King Deluxe (larger corner-for additional points) room. The location is great, very near two stations. The location was our primary objective as we were taking the Eurostar to Paris. The front desk staff were very accommodating and our room was ready upon arrival- which I was hoping for anyway since I'm a Diamond HHonors. I agree with one guest who stated the hallways were overly warm and stuffy. The room was very dated. I understand this is an older property, but the floors squeaked horribly and you could hear the people above you with every step. The first night the footsteps were so loud above us I was about to call and complain when they finally settled down. I agree with the previous comment that it sounded like 'gorillas doing aerobics'. There was also an apparent hole in the floor right in front of the bathroom door, when you stepped there, your foot went down 1-2 inches. If not for the carpet there, who knows if your foot would stop.
The breakfast buffet was very good, but, as another guest stated, if you were not there when they opened, there was a queue. I felt this was not unusual, and even expected, as breakfast was included with most rooms, I believe. We had no problem with water pressure, but it did seem like the water temp began cooling off before my shower was finished. There were no fitted sheets on the king bed, and the flat sheets used on the bottom were not big enough to even begin to stay tucked in. (Major pet peeve) For the price these rooms usually go for, the sheets were a disappointment. I was also disappointed that there was no Executive lounge at this full service property. The internet was very slow and kept kicking me off where I had to re log in often. There was quite a bit of street/traffic noise, but I expected that in an older property. It did appear that there were double windows installed for soundproofing.
Bottom line, the location and service was good. The property- not so much. Next time would look for a different property, especially if I was paying and not using points.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Califcajin,

Thank you for your sincere feedback, I understand that you have high expectations with the Hilton brand and I am sorry that we were unable to fully meet these in this case.
We recently refurbished our King Deluxe rooms, the interior of the rooms has been painted and carpets in most of the rooms have been replaced in order to be able to offer a contemporary product to our guests. I have passed your comment regarding the hole, I can assure you that it has been fixed.
I have also shared your comments regarding the sheets with our Housekeeping department and would like to thank you for bringing the matter to my attention.
I am also sorry to hear that the internet connection was not working properly, we are working closely with our internet provider to ensure that this does not happen again.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a three night break here over Easter 2013. Very good. Beds and bedding very comfortable plus a great shower over the bath. Nice LG flatscreen TV plus standard coffee making facilities plus a hair drier and trouser press.
The location is nice and not too far from the main points of interest. The British Museum is a stones throw away which for us was good as we went to the new exhibition about Herculaneum and Pompeii in anticipation of visiting both places later in the year.
The full English breakfast, which is included was lovely. How do hotels manage to cook their scrambled eggs to perfection? We had to queue for breakfast for 2 of the 3 mornings we were there but it only amounted to a few minutes.
You have to pay for internet access at this hotel (why don't they just give it free to guests?) but I didn't pay as I tethered it from my mobile phone at no cost as I have unlimited internet access.
Overall a good stay and I would come again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back and was nice and quiet. Apparently rooms at the front can suffer from stree...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear DennisAddey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us in the Hilton London Euston.
I am delighted to read that not only did you manage to enjoy the Hotel, but also were able to explore the local area and visit the famous British Museum, which is indeed within a walking distance.
Thank you for your great comments regarding our breakfast, I do note your comments regarding the cost of internet, and would like to advise we do offer complimentary Wife in our public areas including the restaurant and bar.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Wirral
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Booked a single room for a last minute conference, ended up cheaper than the Premier Inn that was round the corner! So deciding between a 4 star hotel vs. Premier Inn wasn't much of a hard decision to make! Had to change room as first room at the front of the hotel had a bit too much street noise. I was moved to a room facing a side street that was much quieter. Bit of a old hotel so you can hearing creaking floorboards of residents above you! Water pressure in my room was surging between hot and cold which was somewhat disappointing, but better in the morning, however water temperature was tepid presumably as hot water run out! Surprising as I very much doubt the hotel was full! Usual 4 star niceties but really expected better!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Ghostrider203,

Thank you for your feedback, please accept my apologies that we did not fully meet on this occasion your expectations when choosing the Hilton family.
With regards to your comment about the water, due to the constant change of the weather at the moment, it is proving difficult to get the right temperature in the building for all of our guests, but I can assure you that I have shared your comments with the maintenance department.
I hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future and once again.
Best regards,

Guest Relations

Been to Hilton London Euston? Share your experiences!