“Welcoming, friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Euston

You added Hilton London Euston to your Saves list
Hilton London Euston
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-18 Upper Woburn Place | Bloomsbury, London WC1H 0HT, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #628 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Welcoming, friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a small Hilton and gives a more personal feel than larger hotels. It is not plush but it is comfortable and well located. Prices are usually better than other hiltons and even the nearby doubletree. Breakfast is excellent. I have stayed a few times this year and will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Julianfin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on trip advisor following your stay at the Hilton London Euston.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. I am delighated also to hear that you will stay with us again.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future,

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Kesgrave
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Euston a few times, it has a central location, around 5 min from Euston Square and Russell Square tube stations. You can also walk to St Pancras for the Eurostar in about the same time and in about 15 min you can walk to the west end.

The hotel is in an old building with creaking floors and a few interesting room layouts but refurbished to a reasonable standard with some period features.

They often have meal deals for 2 and 3 courses in the restaurant which is in a very nice setting. Sometimes they are not advertised but whenever I have asked reception there has always been some sort of deal available.

As there is no executive lounge in the hotel breakfast for Gold and Diamond members is in the main restaurant in the basement which has a good selection.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the noise then ask for a room on a high floor at the back of the hotel as the f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Alx-UK,

Thank you for leaving your review of the hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

The hotel is indeed very close to both kings Cross St Pancras and Euston Stations, with easy access into London and also mainline trains to the North of the country.

I am glad to hear that you have stayed with us a few times before and was satisfied with the hotel and facilities we offer.

We do not currently offer an executive Lounge, however we do offer a wide Hilton breakfast in our Breakfast Restaurant, Mulberry’s.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you again to the hotel in the near future.

Guest relations
Scot in the US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here as we wanted to be near Euston station.It was a pleasant surprise to get into our room at 12.30, though we weren't upgraded and I wonder if the hotel was full. The room was OK- just- but had a dirty carpet ,nothing to hold onto getting out of the bath. Strips were hanging off the picture and the furniture.Being GOLD members we got our breakfast free and free internet.The free Wi-Fi wasn't good- sometimes you couldn't get a connection- I am so glad we weren't paying for it and I wouldn't pay £15 for it-I would go to a free wi-fi cafe. The breakfast was good apart from the bacon which was not the usual Hilton back bacon. This was typical American bacon- streaky and fatty- has Hilton changed its' bacon to save money or are they catering for Americans? We found the restaurant staff especially very friendly. We may stay here again due to its' location. There was also a Prezzo and Costa nearby and we ate in both of these due to the cost of the room .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Airmilesfreak,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of the Hilton London Euston on trip advisor.
I am glad to hear that you were able to check in early upon arrival into the hotel. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the condition of the room. I have ensured that I have passed along your comments to the hotel Management. I am also sorry to hear that the internet connection was not working properly, we are working closely with our internet provider to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you for your comments about our breakfast team and the food. Such comments do prove to be a great source of motivation for our team members.
We are indeed close to many restaurants and cafes in our immediate facilities as well as very close to trains and bus routes into the centre of London for easy access to restaurants, bars and theatres.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Guest relations
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The hotel has a great location, less than 5 minutes from Euston station. The reception staff were very good and helpful, and the bar area was quite pleasant too. With a plentiful and good quality breakfast included the hotel was also well-priced.

Only downsides were the quite small double room and a lack of hot water in the shower in the morning (I would have given a five star rating otherwise).

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend, considering how difficult it is to get a half decent hotel in central London for a reasonable price - and this was more than half decent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Euston, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear UKOscar,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of Hilton London Euston on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities were to your satisfaction.

I am sorry to hear that the hot water was lacking in the morning and that the room was a little smaller than expected. I would like to thank you for reporting these issues and I can confirm that I have passed along your comments to our Maintenance Department for immediate rectification.

I am glad our team served you courteously and were friendly and helpful. Your comments are motivational for them and I can assure you that I have passed them along.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

It has everything I need for my business trips: very close to the Metropolitan Tube, strong wi-fi (free to Gold members), an excellent breakfast selection, a comfortable bed with great pillows, plenty of size in the room and bathroom and it's QUIET for London. On top of that the staff is helpful and professional. I will stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jeffrey S,

Thank you for your review left on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the services and facilities on offer in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed 4 nights in December. The location is excellent as you can walk to theatre land, Oxford Street, British Museum etc and there are good railway and metro connections nearby. The busy street does mean that traffic noise is an issue if you open the window. The room appeared to have a heating control but it was impossible to completely turn heating off. Thus the room temperature was 20 degrees C even when the outside temperature was nearly freezing. I asked the concierge to deal with this but nothing changed. The shower looked nice but the water temperature was surprisingly variable. The TV had surprisingly few channels and the remote did not work from the bed but it did have all the main BBC radio channels. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear AmadeusBristol,

The Hilton London Euston is indeed in a prime location and has excellent road, rail and tube connections to the rest of the UK and internationally.

I would like to apologise that the heating and the water temperature did not seem to be regulating. I can confirm that I have passed along your comments to our Maintenance Department in order for this issue to be looked at in the utmost importance.

Thank you for your comments about our breakfast, I will ensure that this is passed along to our Food and Beverage Department and Head chef to ensure that we continue to deliver the Hilton breakfast to an excellent standard.

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Lovely room, though would have loved consistent supply of 'hot' water from the shower. Close to St Pancras International / Eurostar train station, plus the Green line of the Hop on / Hop off bus service. Very helpful staff . . . no complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton London Euston? Share your experiences!