“Alfredo Romero” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London

You added Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London to your Saves list
Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   94 - 99 High Holborn, London WC1V 6LF, England (Holborn)   |
Ranked #341 of 1,049 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Alfredo Romero”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

my name is robert murphy and i just recently stayed in london for the first time. it was also my first time traveling out of the united states. the acomodations at the citadines were great and complemented with the help from your staff! alfredo romero from the front desk stood out, he made my first time travling a great experience. he was full of info and had great tips about the area. he's an excellent employee and i look foward to seeing him again on my next stay! thank you alfredo and the rest of the staff at citadines!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Mr Murphy

Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts and more specifically Alfredo's contribution! We hope to see you soon!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
Germana Genovese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Indonesian first
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Used this place for an overnight work related stay recently. One of those aparthotels that seem to be increasingly popping up. I like them because, when you're working you can get something to microwave rather than go out. There's a Sainsbury's just down the road and I got myself a paella that wasn't half bad. Good size studio with decent bathroom and well equipped kitchen. No carpet on the floor and bed was a little hard for me but not a major issue. Bright, modern decor. Quite an unusual location but would be ideal as a sight seeing base slightly off the main tourist drags. Good value too given we are talking London prices here. Will certainly go back. Didn't really have much contact with the staff but what I did have was OK.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!

Germana genovese
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

No balcony & no garden i am not going to stay for long business trip .

I ve stayed 8 night in deluxe studio apartment .
Very modern design , bar concept of kitchen . Nice cosy bed room , very clean bath tub
Best part is 2 minute working distance of tube station .just front of hotel have huge food store
Bad thing is no balcony , no smoking area & no hotel garden for guest
But for this condition pay £ 180-230 per night is a bit too much
Two or three days is fine but 8 days stay is too long . And too costly ;(

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was very pleased to read such lovely comments and please be assured that we constantly check the market to ensure our rates are correctly positioned.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
With my warmest wishes,

BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in 2010 and it was wonderful! The studio is great, the rooms are renovated, the staff are awesome....and we got a STEAL on expedia if you're looking for a good deal. I still think about what a cozy place this was and would love to go back! It's close to the tube and walking distance to everything you'd like to see. Even the Tower of London is a 45 minute walk away (we were really into the walking, as there's so much to see!).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
I was pleased to read your comments and delighted to hear you had a good experience with us and you were happy with the service you received.
I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
With best wishes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the Olympics opening ceremony. It was a great place to stay and the room was great with all you'd expect in a studio and more. I rated it lower on value due to it being more expensive during the Olympics. It would be good value normally.
We were also really surprised by the simple, but really good, self serve breakfast. Especially as it was open till 11.30. Would recommend the waffle machine- I've never seen this before but it was awesome! Overall a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Given that you have travelled quite a bit your review holds a lot of weight. For your next visit consider booking through our own website where you will find the best deals including complimentary internet.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay.
With best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We recently spent 2 nights here for my
Hen party and felt it was perfect for what we wanted. The rooms were a good size and clean, the staff were friendly and the location was perfect - we didn't even need to use the tube as it was cheaper for us all to just get taxis to where we wanted to go.

We've already booked to come back for
a girlie theatre and shopping weekend in December

• Stayed June 2012
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn inDecember.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed 3 days in Citadine for a business trip. And I found the location very convinient both for work and night life. Staff was really helpfull, very good tips for eating out. Room clean and nice I ll be back for my next family trip

• Stayed July 2012
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this review, July 17, 2012

Germana

Been to Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London? Share your experiences!