My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, we travelled from Australia and were in London to attend a wedding. We arrived towards the end of the paralympic games, so the city was still very much bustling and in the Olympic mode.
We had a corner room, and it was quite large and modern. The bed was comfortable, and i loved that the windows opened - if only a fraction - to allow fresh air into the room. The bathroom was rather odd. Very modern and new fixtures, however, no electrical outlets. Also the tap over the sink was very low and small, and you couldn't get your hands underneath it to wash them properly. The wifi was absolutely hopeless. Something that disappointed us because one of the reasons we chose this hotel was the advertised free wifi. It wouldn't connect very often, when it did it was slow and would drop out. Had many conversations with the front desk, but it just never seemed to work properly.
We ordered room service for dinner one night, and had a little hassle. There was a flyer in the room advertising a special 2 course offer - we rang to order, but were told that was no longer on offer. They then tried to sell us a new offer, which was more than double the original price. Saying that, they were apologetic and the room service was timely. There is a restaurant on site, but we never ate here.
Staff were a bit hit and miss - some bent over backwards to help and had a lovely friendly manner, while others couldn't care less to acknowledge you when you walked through the foyer.
The hotel is in a great location, we walked everywhere in central London from here. There are quite a few tube stations within a couple of blocks too, which is handy. Close to Kings Cross/St Pancras for the Eurostar also. There were plenty of restaurant options in the immediate area, and we felt very safe, even late at night. There are several convienience stores, and coffee, sandwich stores within metres.
I'd stay there again if we got a good rate.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Bloomsbury Hotel
- Mercure London Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Waverley House Hotel
- Waverley House Hotel London
- Mercure London Bloomsbury England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary 4 star boutique style hotel with complimentary WiFi, air conditioning & rainfall showers. Within walking distance of many of London's top attractions British Museum, Covent Garden, Oxford Street & Theatres. In close proximity to Russell Square tube station. Euston mainline station and Kings Cross St Pancras for Eurostar are nearby. Enjoy a bite to eat or a relaxing drink in our recently refurbished restaurant and bar, followed by a stroll in London's fashionable Bloomsbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mercure London Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.