“Great concierge service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   97 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LB, England (Formerly Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel) (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #346 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Minneapolis
“Great concierge service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I just want to take the opportunity to say how wonderful Colm was, the concierge! He was so helpful to us when we were trying to decide what to do, where to go, how to get there, and was right there when we were having difficulty reaching our car service to confirm our transportation to the airport. He was always very cheerful and more than happy to help. Definitely top-notch service.

The hotel was nice, comfortable and convenient.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind review of the hotel.
I am delighted to hear that we have made your stay an enjoyable one and I shall definitely share your comments with the team, especially Colm.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Bucharest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The only advantage i see with this hotel is the location which is walkable distance to the center.

Disadvantages:
-really tiny rooms (i had a standard room) but you barely had time to move around
-bathroom was 1x2 square meters including shower
-windows are really thin, wind is coming through them, a lot of noise from the cars on the street you barely can sleep.
-heating system was not working

So, here's my story:

I called to the hotel 1 day before arriving and specifically asked if they have an outlet adapter to provide. They said of course, absolutely no problem. The man i talked to sounded professional, and it was Radisson hotel so i assumed there was no problem.

I get to the hotel at 22:30 pm, asked for adapter and the receptionist said he didn't had one. OK, i go up to my room, it was cold, i tried to turn on the heating system: it wasn't working. I go down to the front-desk people tell them about the problem. The receptionist said to go back to my room because he ll come to check it in a couple of minutes.

20 minutes pass, it was already 23:30 pm, i go down again, he comes to check it (wasn t working).

They moved me to another room. I turn on the heating, i go to bed and after ~30 minutes it changes to air conditioning and stops working :).

In the morning a get a phone call at 7 am from the reception "Sir, i have an adapter you can come and get it". I said i ll be down in 20 minutes, dress up, go down, the receptionist said he DIDN T had one. I was thinking it may be some practical joke or something. Finally, i got an adapter after discussions.

My experience with this hotel was bad, this is definitely not a 4 star hotel. There's was NOTHING worthing 350 pounds / night.

I do not recommend this hotel.

Dan

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I was most concerned to learn about your disappointing experience at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and would really appreciate if you could please kindly contact me directly to discuss the various points you have highlighted in your review.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

parisx@radisson.com
Dallas, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice and comfortable. I stayed here for a business trip and found the hotel and rooms to be nice and comfortable. I was booked in a Business Class room on the top floor, which I believe gave me some extra space, though I didn't find the room extraordinarily large. It was fine and on par with most city hotels I've stayed at.

There is only one elevator, but I never had a problem with a long delay, though I was coming and going at off-peak times.

There is another Radisson directly across the street, so check your address before you walk in the entrance. Not that this happened to me, or that I would have been embarrassed even if the staff was quite nice.

I'd stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by my colleagues.
For your information, we do have two lifts, one located in the main foyer and the other one near the business centre.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Kenilworth in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this Radisson, I've never had a bad experience in any of their hotels but always come back to this one for the perfect rooms and service. Just 10 minutes stroll to Covent Garden and all the shops and restaurants, but if you don't want to go that far the hotel has a fantastic restaurant for dinner or just a snack. I was envious of the excellent looking afternoon tea!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it’s great to read many positive comments about your stays with us.

It is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed your evening in Scoff & Banter, as this is our new restaurant concept, which only opened in June 2013. We take pride in delivering a fresh take on the British classics in a cool and comfortable environment.

I look forward to meeting you, on your return to the Kenilworth!

Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed one night here and booked through last minute secret hotel. Booked a single which was on the 4th floor and tiny. Since I arrived very late I planned on sleeping a bit later, but this was not to be since my room was right next to the service cupboard which was being banged and the cleaners outside my door chit chatting. In addition the rooms specifically claimed they had a mini bar, which was not the case. The rooms were also quite worn out and tired. Goods were the bathrooms were spotless and so were the sheets. Service was also fast and efficient when I asked for Ice bucket late at night. For business this is an adequate hotel, for leisure and holidays there are better options.

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.
I have already discussed you review with the Housekeeping Manager for him to take action and would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.
With regards to the minibar, indeed as some of our single rooms are quite small, we do not provide minibars in our smallest rooms however our room service is available 24 hours.
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Cleethores
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Having read reviews about small room, you don't need a large room when visiting for business meetings. If the room is too small just ask for a larger one. I have done this on many occastions and always request not the top floor. Having said that the staff are excellent nothing is too much trouble for them from the receiption staff to the housekeeping. The food is carefully cooked, always hot and good value for money in the middle of London. Everything clean and always choose to be at the Raddison when visiting London on either business or personal reasons

Room Tip: Higher floors the rooms seem to get smaller
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear reviewer,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.
I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I got an OK price for a normal room. When I checked in, they talked me into upgrading to a king size room, or maybe it was a deluxe room. I was dead tired from the trip and checking in well before noon. I just wanted to get to a room. And while it while it was more than I wanted to pay, glad I did. The room was nice size and the bed was very comfortable. And walking across the street to the British Museum multiple times was wonderful.

Staff was great by the way. Helped me several times.

Bottom line, not cheap but not super expensive. Not a better hotel location-wise for the British Museum.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.
I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel? Share your experiences!