“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   97 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LB, England (Formerly Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel) (Bloomsbury)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast for less
Ranked #367 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Haifa
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is my hotel. They treat me like family. It is not a big hotel, very personal, and friendly.
A woman on her own feel safe there. The location is great just near the British Museum and all the theaters. Every time I am in London I have a wonderful time being there. If you are a member they usually upgrade your room,. Breakfast, is just great. Great hotel. I stayed there for 10 nights, and felt like home.

Room Tip: Every room is great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel. I was very pleased to read such positive comments about our staff & the service provided. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Manchester UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Radisson Blu

I chose the hotel for both it's location and brand. The former being perfect for both the Oxford Street shops and the bars and restaurants in Soho, plus 2 mins walk from Tottenham Court Tube Station; the latter having stayed with the Radisson Blu brand at East Midlands Airport.

Following check-in, I headed to my single room. Tiny was not the word. I know London rooms are small, I also know single rooms are even smaller but the bathroom on the plane home was actually larger, if you exclude the tiny shower cubicle. Seriously, I was sad enough to actually measure it.

The sink was a tiny hand wash basin, I couldn't get my hands under the flowing tap and had to fill the kettle via a glass and that would only quarter fill when tilted. Not practical.

Nowhere to move, let alone put any toiletries.

The shower was equally as small, the centrally located shower head was not adjustable, so you couldn't actually apply shower gel outside of the flowing water. Not practical.

The free WiFi was only strong enough in the isolated, sole less bar. Not practical.

That said, the bed was comfortable, if only there was space to put the decorative pillows.

Room comprised: coffee making, complimentary water, iron, safe, small wardrobe, robe and slippers (upgraded room) and noisy difficult to control air-conditioning as the lettering had worn off the controller.

I didn't take breakfast, as there was plenty of better options locally.

Having chosen the hotel for the brand, it was not a patch on other locations. For the high room price paid, it did not offer value for money, even by central London standards.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.
With regards to the room size, indeed some of our single rooms are quite small and I would perhaps suggest that you to book the next room category for your next stay with us.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Edwardian Hotel in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

parisx@radisson.com
Fleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great first visit to this hotel, Staff very freindly and helpfull, great breakfast, husband went back for seconds, look forward to our next visit. Local to Covent Garden and surrounding areas. Champagne cocktail a definate for your birthday treat.

Kim Hill from Fleet, Hampshire

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us once more and you were overall happy with the services provided by my colleagues.
I will definitely pass on your comments to Alessandro, our mixologist who is extremely passionate about his cocktails.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager
Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

On arriving at this hotel, we we welcomed by a very knowledgeable and friendly male receptionist. We were upgraded to a king deluxe room - which was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. We had breakfast the following morning, and again all the staff were very friendly and obliging. The buffet breakfast was amazing and there was something for all taste buds. The management must be very proud of their staff at this lovely, welcoming hotel. We will return when we are at another show in June.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was very pleased to read such positive comments about our staff & the service provided.
I will be certain to pass your comments on to the team, who will also feel very proud to hear your compliments.

I am looking forward to welcoming back to the Kenilworth in June.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed several times over the past ten years. The booking has always been made by my employers.

The check in process was very quick. I received a warm welcome as a returning guest. However this did not appear to effect room allocation . Although I had been booked into a delux room I am not sure that is what I ended up with. The room was tiny! I double checked with reception but they were less that helpful. There was nowhere to unpack. No storage for clothes. No space in the bathroom to unpack razor etc. No toilet roll!,

The heating was ineffective .

Breakfast was very good. The restaurant staff were very helpful and efficient .

I came away feeling like a customer rather than a guest.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I would really appreciate if you could email me back with the details of your booking to allow me to take corrective action.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

parisx@radisson.com
Hertzeliya, ISrael
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We (family of 4, children aged 13,10) stayed in Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel for 8 days during Easter 2013.
The hotel is well located, in a quite one direction street 2 Min from the underground and Oxford New Oxford St.
The 2 rooms we had were nice, clean, non-smoking fresh rooms, although the beds were kind of small for our likeness.
We didn't look for special kid's activities.
The breakfast buffet was very nice, with variety of food suggestions.
The staff were very attended, eager to help and nice, specially Kim, Tamara, Victor and Colin.
The only problem we had was that the concierge suggested that we will take a taxi to Gatwick airport, saying it will cost us 10 pounds more than the underground + train (which was true) and it will take us 1 hour to get there. Eventually it took us about 1h 45 min with NO traffic problems, which made our going back stressful.
Overall – Great Hotel, Great location, Great Service.
Highly recommended - Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.
I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff & the service provided.
I will be certain to pass your comments on to Kim, Tamara, Victor and Colin, who will be delighted with your feedback.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Excellent hotel, very well located. staff extremely attentive. Quiet and comfortable. I recommend to all who want to go to london. A special thanks to the professionalism of the receptionist "Santos, Ana". She was extremely friendly, helpful and always attentive to every detail. We loved and will surely times more to this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.
I will be certain to pass your comments on to Ana, who will be delighted with your feedback.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel? Share your experiences!