“Everything was perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #9 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Prague, Czech Republic
“Everything was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Simply put, all was perfect. Especially the staff was extremely pleasant, maybe the most pleasant I have ever experienced. Rooms were nice and clean, food perfect, so was bar. I can only recommend and for sure I will be back soon myself.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent visit.

I am thrilled to read that you found everything perfect during your stay with us at the Montague.

Your lovely comment that the staff were the most pleasant team you have experienced is most appreciated. We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and to make sure that our guests leave us feeling that they have received exceptional service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I am equally delighted that you felt the rooms were nice and clean and that the food was perfect. I will be sure to share your kind feedback with the staff.

Thank you for your positive recommendation, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Service throughout the hotel is first class, from the doormen to the front desk to the bartenders. I was on a two week business trip and they made me feel like home. There are two downsides to note: 1) the single rooms are tiny. I upgraded to a larger room which was much more spacious and comfortable; 2) breakfast is not included and while it's convenient, it's overpriced for what they offer. I ended up walking to Starbucks on most mornings. If you want a quick and reasonable meal in the evening, I'd highly recommend the bar menu. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As noted above, the singles are very small.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit.

Here at the Montague we like to ensure that all our guests are happy and have everything they may need during their time with us whether they are here for business or leisure. I am thrilled that the staff made you feel at home over the two weeks that you stayed.

Although I was really very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique. Please mention that you would prefer a larger room when next making a booking with us and we will, subject to availability, allocate a more spacious room.

However, it is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your meal in our Bar. Your kind recommendation is most appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We only stayed 1 night and could not take advantage of all the amenities. However, the room was great, the hotel is very charming and the staff are very warm and helpful! The locatio is great being close to Covent Garden. I think in the summer, the terrace could be a clear highlight of this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that although you only experienced a short stay with us you found the hotel to be charming. I am equally delighted that you were happy with your room and felt it was great.

Your kind words that the staff are warm and helpful are most appreciated. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always lovely to hear that their hard work is noticed.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague, especially in the summer so that you can experience our outside areas.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were celebrating an important anniversary and the staff were brilliant. We got upgraded to a junior suite, a personalised card from the staff and some extra goodies. The room was delightful, overlooking the gardens. Superb Penhaglion toiletries and lots of lovely little touches. Even by London standards this is not the cheapest, but it is really worthwhile for that extra special trip. Breakfast had a really good variety of items to choose from including 'home made' smoothies and an excellent selection of cheeses.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review following your recent visit.

Many congratulations on your important anniversary, I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am equally thrilled that you found your room to be delightful and you enjoyed the toiletries we provided.

It is wonderful to read that we met your expectations and that you felt the staff were brilliant. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

Your kind words that the breakfast offered a great variety including homemade smoothies and an excellent selection of cheese are most appreciated. We like to ensure that all of our guests are happy and have plenty of choice.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Neath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our sons 50th birthday and so glad that we did, from checking in to having to leave everything and every member of staff were superb, the room was fantastic and spotless everything you could possibly need was there, the location was good close to all amenities,will certainly stay again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CONTRIBUTING TO A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with your decision to do so. I am thrilled that we contributed to making your son’s 50th birthday weekend a wonderful occasion.

We are very proud of our staff and it is lovely to read such positive comments as yours. I am pleased that they were superb throughout your whole stay. I will be sure that your kind feedback and praise are passed on to the team.

I am equally delighted that you found your room to be spotless with everything that you needed during your time with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

sunderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the montague for our anniversary .we were made to feel very special Everything about this hotel is great and the staff are such a credit to the Hotel. The only tiny little niggle I had was the wi fi wasn't great but wasn't, in the hotel long enough for to be too much of a problem. I will be staying at this hotel in the future as we felt we didn't want to leave. The beds were so comfortable. There were so many nice touches too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent stay.

As much-valued guests your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide. I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations and made your Anniversary stay a memorable occasion.

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their time with us is comfortable and perfect and so I am delighted to read that their efforts were noticed. I am pleased that they made you feel special throughout your stay.

However, I was very sorry to read that you had some issues with our free Wi-Fi that we offer. This is something that we will be upgrading very shortly, so I hope that you don’t experience the same issue when you next visit us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I been at the bar of Montague with some friends few times already, this time I took my parents, in visit from Paris, for their first afternoon tea treat! Everything was perfect, the food was delicious, the selection of tea was superb and Adele, the lady who was serving us was EXTRAORDINARY. My parents don’t speak any English and she was explaining them everything in French, we was so impressed.
My parents run a little business in Paris, they would be so proud to have employee like her. She makes them feel so confortable and at home. And she was having the same attitude with all the other people in the room.This is what we call GOOD SERVICE.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you brought your parents to the Montague to experience their first Afternoon Tea after you had visited our Bar.

Your kind feedback is most appreciated as it provides great motivation for the team. I am thrilled that you felt the food was delicious and the selection of teas to be superb.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. Our staff take great interest in making sure our guests are comfortable when with us and so I am delighted that Adele was able to assist you and especially your parents with the language issue. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Adele and that her service is duly rewarded.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!