“Weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #9 of 1,049 Hotels in London
sunderland
“Weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the montague for our anniversary .we were made to feel very special Everything about this hotel is great and the staff are such a credit to the Hotel. The only tiny little niggle I had was the wi fi wasn't great but wasn't, in the hotel long enough for to be too much of a problem. I will be staying at this hotel in the future as we felt we didn't want to leave. The beds were so comfortable. There were so many nice touches too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent stay.

As much-valued guests your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide. I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations and made your Anniversary stay a memorable occasion.

Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their time with us is comfortable and perfect and so I am delighted to read that their efforts were noticed. I am pleased that they made you feel special throughout your stay.

However, I was very sorry to read that you had some issues with our free Wi-Fi that we offer. This is something that we will be upgrading very shortly, so I hope that you don’t experience the same issue when you next visit us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I been at the bar of Montague with some friends few times already, this time I took my parents, in visit from Paris, for their first afternoon tea treat! Everything was perfect, the food was delicious, the selection of tea was superb and Adele, the lady who was serving us was EXTRAORDINARY. My parents don’t speak any English and she was explaining them everything in French, we was so impressed.
My parents run a little business in Paris, they would be so proud to have employee like her. She makes them feel so confortable and at home. And she was having the same attitude with all the other people in the room.This is what we call GOOD SERVICE.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you brought your parents to the Montague to experience their first Afternoon Tea after you had visited our Bar.

Your kind feedback is most appreciated as it provides great motivation for the team. I am thrilled that you felt the food was delicious and the selection of teas to be superb.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. Our staff take great interest in making sure our guests are comfortable when with us and so I am delighted that Adele was able to assist you and especially your parents with the language issue. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Adele and that her service is duly rewarded.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The place is well located (close to the subway line deserving Heatrow), have a great service, small but comfortable rooms, fantastic breakfast, incredible staff, stylish tea and dinner rooms. My wife and I we really enjoy the place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your visit to the hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the rooms to be comfortable. I am equally pleased that you felt the public areas were stylish.

Your kind words that the breakfast is fantastic and the staff are incredible are most appreciated. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I will be more than happy to share you positive feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Service, service, service. It's great to find a boutique London hotel that's child friendly, so much so our 7 year old wanted to keep going back to the hotel. I loved that children are thought of with slippers and bathrobes as well as parents. Live lounge music was pleasant and gave us a reason to sit in the lounge with the lovely Scottish singer. The thought and little gifts, messages, cookie decorating for children made for a happy stay. After a day doing the tourist trail it is a little haven of peace and great 1st class well trained staff throughout. Super king beds and no climbing over child's beds.we had stairs in our room which was fine with a older child but if you have smaller ones ask for no stairs but I am sure the hotel will have this covered. This is a traditional hotel with traditional fantastic service, very comfortable. If you want to visit London with children but feel you have been spoilt yourself this is the place. I would also recommend this hotel if i was with friends on business or as couple.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us at the Montague, especially your son. We like to ensure that all of our guests including children have a wonderful and memorable time when with us and so I am thrilled that the team took the time to make this happen.

Your kind comment that the service was fantastic is most appreciated. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

I would like to thank you for your kind recommendation. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Once again I have stayed at The Montague on business, and once again it has set the bar very high in terms of customer service and comfort. Walking into the lobby, you are greeted by very helpful staff and checked efficiently into your room. The lobby decor and the rooms are lovely, each room with its own color scheme and character. The beds are cozy and there are enough pillows and towels! Breakfast is wonderful--you have a wide choice of items. And the serving staff also is incredible, remembering your name and your preferences. My bowl of berries arrived automatically! I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. It is at the very top of my list for Lodnon.

Room Tip: Every room I have experienced has been delightful in its own way.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

As a returning and much-valued guest, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your stay with us an occasion to remember.

I am pleased that you found the beds to be cosy, with plenty of towels and pillows. We like to make sure are our guests are comfortable during their time with us. We work hard to ensure that they have everything they may need or want and so I am thrilled that the team remembered your preference of berries at breakfast. I will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team who will be most appreciative.

Thank you for you positive recommendation, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I travel a lot to London on business and my PA books me in various hotels around London. When I arrived to Montague, i thought to myself, here we go again, work in my room, sleep, have quick coffee in the morning with some toast and off I go.

When I checked in the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, seems like they were just waiting for me. Once in the room, wasn't wowed, typical classic English hotel room, but must admit the cleanliness was to a very high standard. I stayed in the room for a little while and decided to go downstairs for a relaxing drink in the hotel bar. I must say it was really relaxed and chilled evening with staff engaging into conversation with ease and joy.

The highlight of my stay was probably the breakfast. Young lady called Adele greeted me with a huge smile from an early morning, very refreshing to see people full enthusiasm in such early hours! I normally go for simple toast and coffee but she convinced me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day by saying "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar" - that stuck with me. I had eggs wich were really well prepared, probably the best eggs I ever had! I was amazed how little Adele even being in advanced pregnancy was flying around the tables and "owning" the breakfast room. Thank you very much Adele, you really changed the way I look at the breakfast these days.

Checkout was realy smooth and quick, concierge were most helpful with getting the taxi in no time.

I have asked my PA to book this hotel when I come to London from now on, as I have never been looked after better than in Montagueby their trully amazing staff.

Thanks again,
Mr Reuber

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and found the cleanliness of your room to be of a high standard. Our staff take great interest in our guests to ensure that their stay with us is one that is comfortable and memorable whether they are here for business or leisure.

I am especially pleased that Adele looked after you during breakfast, our guests are our first priority and ensuring that they are ready for the day ahead is most important to us. I am delighted that the eggs you enjoyed in our restaurant, The Blue Door Bistro are the best you ever had. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am equally pleased that Concierge were helpful with getting you a taxi. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Adele and the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have just spent a weekend at this hotel with my husband and we were made to feel so welcome throughout. The staff were warm and friendly whilst being extremely professional. The door was opened for us each time we came in or went out. We had been in our room only 10 minutes when we received a call form reception asking us if we were happy with everything. Home made biscuits on Friday evening were a lovely touch . We could not fault any of the staff who could not do enough to help. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive review following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us an that you cannot wait to return.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always motivating to receive such lovely feedback as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is fulfilling to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that they were warm and friendly. We like to make sure that our guests are comfortable from the moment they arrive and so I am pleased that our Reception team called you shortly after you checked in. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!