“Perfect weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #8 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Perfect weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend for one night and from the moment we arrived we were made to feel very special. The staff were wonderful, friendly and incredibly helpful, and nothing was too much. From the room upgrade, to the canapés and home made cakes left in the room, the stay really was more than we could have hoped for.

I am afraid I cannot remember names, but the receptionist and concierge on check in were fantastic and the waiter at dinner was informative, attentive and always smiling. The staff at breakfast were also wonderful and the food was incredible... Our evening meal was superb and when we came down for breakfast, I wish I had a bigger stomach as the food was so good I didn't want to stop eating, the selection was extensive.

The hotel itself was comfortable and well looked after and the room was lovely.

We were there to celebrate our joint birthdays and it really did turn out to be the perfect weekend.

Thank you to all who made it so memorable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

Here at the Montague our staff like to ensure that our guests have the most memorable stay. I am so delighted that we have met your expectations and made your time here with your boyfriend to celebrate your birthdays an occasion to remember.

Your kind words that the staff were wonderful, friendly and incredibly helpful are most appreciated. They really do take great interest in our guests and so I am delighted that their efforts were noticed. I will be sure to pass this wonderful feedback to the team.

I was thrilled that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro and found them to be superb.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We attended a wedding in this charming hotel. The whole affair was beautifully managed and I was particularly impressed with the staff. They were polite, helpful and excellent at what they did.

The location is perfect and we took full advantage of the very efficient and helpful valet parking service.

Room Tip: We did not stay so could not answer all the questions.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review about your recent stay with us for a friend’s wedding.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always wonderful to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that you found them to be polite, helpful and that the Concierge were able to assist with valet parking. We like to guarantee that our guests have the perfect wedding day by ensuring that everything is in place and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team so that their service is duly noted.

I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Montague in the future.

Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed here for many years and appreciate it as it was very much in the centre of London. I have been here with my family for many years especially for Christmas and New Year. Nowadays I use it for business staying as it is perfect located. In the nice summer days it’s perfect to start your morning outside having breakfast. The service is excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your visit to the hotel.

I am delighted that as a returning guest you have had the opportunity to experience the Montague for both business and leisure. We like to ensure that our guests are comfortable and have everything they may need during their time with us.

It pleases me to read that you enjoy breakfast on the Terrace during the summer and that you found the service to be excellent. I will pass this lovely comment on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We arrived early after23 hours on a plane from Australia.Check in was in the afternoon. Friendly helpful staff got us upgraded and into a room straight away. Great staff fantastic service. Loved the breakfasts and enjoyed our stay. Strong recommend from me.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit to the Montague.

I was delighted to read that after a long and tiring flight we were able to assist you by having your room ready for an early check in. We like to ensure that our guests are comfortable as soon as possible and I am thrilled that on this occasion we were able to meet these expectations.

I am equally pleased that you loved the breakfast in our restaurant; the Blue Door Bistro and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your strong recommendation. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kirkintilloch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

In what is, by London standards, a quiet street the Montague has excellent transport links and is right next to the British Museum and the very pleasant Russell Square.
The staff are very courteous and efficient, probably the best service I have ever had anywhere.
The breakfast is good and the Blue Bistro has well cooked and presented food and an excellent wine list. The rooms are very well furnished and appointed but ours was a bit small. I would have no hesitation in returning to or recommending this hotel. Please ignore the tick box re pool and spa, this is an error and won't delete.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments following your recent visit.

I was happy that you enjoyed your time at the Montague and found the rooms to be well furnished and appointed.

We are extremely proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that they were courteous and efficient and provided the best service you had experienced anywhere. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

I was delighted that you found breakfast and dinner in the Blue Door Bistro to be well cooked and presented. I was equally pleased that you were happy with the wine list we offer.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kirkintilloch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Almost everything about our stay was perfect. The location is good, on what is, by London standards, a quiet street, but convenient for transport links and the British Museum. The staff and quality of service were excellent, probably the best I have ever come across anywhere. The breakfast is good and a meal in the Blue Bistro is recommended. The rooms are very well furnished and appointed - although a bit smaller than I would have expected for the price. However I would have no hesitation in returning to or recommending the Montague.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent visit.

I was thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the Montague and that you found your room to be well furnished and appointed.

I was especially delighted with your wonderful comments about the staff and quality of service. Your kind words that they were ‘probably the best you had ever come across anywhere’ are most appreciated and are a great motivator to the team.

It pleases me to read that you found breakfast to be good and that you would recommend a meal in our restaurant the Blue Door Bistro.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our recent visit to London was wonderful. Staying at The Montague On The Gardens hotel made it even more enjoyable. The entire staff made all of us feel special from the moment we arrived until we left. The breakfast, tea in the afternoon and dinner were all great. The location was perfect for us as well. We could not have asked for more. Would definitely stay at The Montague On The Gardens again. We will miss it and especially the wonderful staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review following you recent visit.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your meals and experience in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro and felt they were great.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such lovely feedback as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that they made you feel special throughout your time with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!