“Lovely Homely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #7 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Sharjah
“Lovely Homely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Recently stayed in the Montague for 4 nights from 10th July 2013 onwards. The hotel is conveniently located close to the British Museum and about 15 minutes walk from the Underground at Russsell Square.
The room was small to say but very well equipped, with everything a traveler could ask for ..and yes even free Wifi !! The bed is cosy, wash rooms are good and the hotel is clean and well kept.
Had a welcome note and sweets from the General Manager which was a good Personal Touch.
The best part of the Montague is its Staff who are very friendly, helpful and no request is too much for them, especially to name some such as MARK, MUSTAFA (thanks to his great directions), GEORGE and a dude in the restaurant not sure of his name..... But the staff is what will get you comming back to the Montague !
Negative is not any, if I want to be PICKY i can say they done have any fridge or mini bar in the Room... but hey who cares !!
I could walk to the underground, Museum, Oxford Street, great staff, homely feeling.... what else could you ASk For... THANKS MONTAGUE YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review following your recent visit to the Montague.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable time with us. We like to make sure that our guests feel at home and so we aim to provide everything they may need during their stay. I am delighted that you were able to make use of the free Wi-Fi that we offer.

Your kind words that the staff were friendly, helpful with no request too small are most appreciated; they are a great motivator to the team. I will be sure to pass these on especially to Mustafa, Jorge and Mark and ensure that their service is duly noted.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff were amazing, every single one of them made our stay so lovely, they couldn’t do enough for us and ensured that we had a fantastic stay. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. The hotel rooms are beautifully decorated and the bathrooms so clean and we enjoyed the air con as we were staying during a very hot period! There was a large group of us staying as it was for a special occasion, which wasn’t a problem at all and they made sure that we were all together when having drinks and also at breakfast (which was delicious) where we were in the lovely conservatory and made sure it was extra special. The little extra touches and the great location really made a big difference. I would love to stay at this hotel again and will recommend it to anyone wondering if to book. Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I am pleased that you chose the Montague as your hotel for your son’s special birthday trip.

Our staff take pride in all they do and so I am delighted that these efforts were noticed. They like to ensure that every guest’s stay is one that is comfortable and memorable from start to finish. It pleases me to read that the team were able to assist you in the bar and at breakfast to ensure that you were seated together. Your kind feedback that the breakfast was delicious is most appreciated.

I am delighted that you were able to make the most of the air conditioning; especially during this warm spell and that you were happy with your room.

Thank you for your recommendation, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I have just returned from a long weekend at the Montague something we do frequently as we adore this hotel. As usual the friendly and superlative service from the staff would serve as a benchmark for others to follow.

This trip was special to celebrate my 70th birthday which i had not made known but we shared a taxi with Mr Mick Baker and I think word got about because from then on things got even better. The little kind touches of tasty things sent to our room etc were very much appreciated.

As usual Mustafa was kindness itself and Jorge was the usual star. Another member of your staff whose name I believe is Lucia also deserves special mention she is so kind.

We will be back later in the year in our usual room No 22 and we will once again enjoy being spoiled and made truly welcome.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent stay with us.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your special birthday an occasion to remember.

I am delighted that Mustafa, Jorge and Lucia were able to assist you and were friendly. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Montague and room 22 very soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our second visit to the Montague, and it did not disappoint. Our room was surprisingly large, (this is not always true, per our past visit.) Our room was a Classic King. The room was a split level, with the bathroom above and the bed area below. It had a view of the garden, and so no street noise.

Breakfast was excellent. We had a choice of an extensive Continental breakfast or a very nice hot English breakfast. The food quality and the service were top notch.

The hotel is located only a block from Russel Square and Russel Square tube station, making visits to London sites very easy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent stay with us at the Montague.

As returning and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your time with us an occasion to remember.

I was delighted to read that you liked your room and found it to be of a good size and that you didn’t experience any noise disruption.

I was equally thrilled that you thought the breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro to be excellent and the food quality and service top notch. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow...what a great hotel! The staff were all very very nice and, the best part, sincere. If there was any inconvenience, they offered something to make it right..like a cold soda in the bar on an unusually hot day. The wife and I sat in the pub and they constantly brought us little nibbles. At every point, they would ask how we were doing and if we needed anything. The rooms and hotel decoration were superb...great for what my wife and I like. Our room was very very quiet with padded walls and everything worked in the room too. Free WiFi and we stayed connected all the time. Since we liked to walk a lot, the location was just right for what we needed. We rate good hotels by the desire to return and stay again if we are in London, so emphatically we will stay here again on our next trip.

Stayed July 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be very nice and sincere. We like to ensure that our guests have everything they may need or want to ensure that their time with us is comfortable and perfect.

It pleases me to read that you felt the rooms and decor are superb and that you had no issues with maintenance. I was equally thrilled that you were happy with the free Wi-Fi we offer.

I am happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy drinks and nibbles in our Terrace Bar too.

We hope to welcome you back to the Montague soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was a guest at a party hosted to celebrate a birthday. Pre-prandial drinks were held on a luscious covered deck outside overlooking the gardens of the Duke of Bedford in Bloomsbury and the sit-down dinner was held in the Great Russell Suite downstairs. From start to finish, it was an amazing event. The ambiance was fantastic- the staff was attentive, well trained, charming and just couldn't be bettered. The dinner party menu was well chosen and delicious and both vegetarian and gluten intolerant guests were catered for without any trouble. The standard and style of cooking and the presentation was faultless- no one had to wait long to be served. The lavatories were sparkling clean. The evening was successful and a great time was had by all which was in no small measure due to the seamless co-ordination by the kitchen/ wait staff/ reception staff/hall porter and the events staff dedicated to the evening. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.

Here at the Montague we like to ensure that all of our guests whether staying in house or visiting have a memorable stay and so I was delighted to read that you found the party to be amazing. We aim to make our guests feel comfortable and not have to worry about anything, so it is wonderful to read that you felt that the evening was successful and seamless.

I will pass on your kind comments regarding the menu and how it was well chosen and catered for all dietary requirements to the Chef and his team, they will be most grateful.

We are very proud of our staff at and so it is always pleasing to receive such kind feedback as yours. I am thrilled that you found the staff to be attentive, well trained and charming. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Montague in the near future.

Concord, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

From the moment you arrive, the red carpet treatment begins. Everyone, from the manager to chambermaids, is attentive, friendly, courteous and professional. The location is terrific for exploring London and the hotel itself is comfortable and feels like home. Overall, a five star experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review regarding your recent visit.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations.

Your kind words that the staff were attentive, friendly, courteous and professional are most appreciated. I will be sure to pass these on as they serve as a great motivator for the team.

Thank you for your comment that you had a 5 star experience and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!