“Another excellent visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

Save Saved
You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 1,073 hotels in London
Ottawa, Canada
“Another excellent visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed for 2 separate nights in late March. Both stays were as I fully expected - impeccable.

Very happy with the rooms. Both were clean, comfortable and well appointed.
I had room service 1 night - excellent.
And I always look forward to breakfast at the Montague - for me an enjoyable experience.
The staff are very professional, friendly and very helpful.
Couldn't ask for a better location to do London on foot.

As always - a wonderful and memorable stay when in London.

Thanks again Montague.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your stay with us here at the Montague.

As a much-valued guest, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your stay with us wonderful and memorable.

I’m delighted that you were happy with the room service and the breakfast in our restaurant the Blue Door Bistro. Thank you also for your kind comments about the staff being professional, friendly and very helpful, these are most appreciated and I will ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

2,296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I picked this hotel on the grounds it was ranked no 5 in London according to Trip Advisor reviews. It deserves to be. Wonderful service and wonderful accomodation. Took my mother there for her 80th birthday. Reason for visit cropped up in conversation when I was booking - the person I spoke to remembered and arranged special cake/small present which my mother loved. Will be back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us.

It pleases me to read that your mother chose to spend her 80th birthday celebration with us here at the Montague and that you found both the service and accommodation to be wonderful. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I hope that your stay with us was memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Rotorua, NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lovely hotel with everything you would expect from a luxury property and then a little bit more. The staff was outstanding, one person friendlier and more attentive then the next. Lovely suite, very comfortable bed, large new bathroom, sparklingly clean, very convenient location. My daughter and I spent a 3 night "girls-vacation" and could not have been happier. We did not use the swimming pool or Spa, so I am not rating them.

Room Tip: If you like lots of room and don't mind splurging a bit choose a suite. It feels like a priate a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such lovely feedback as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that our staff were friendly and attentive. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team.

I’m equally pleased that you were happy with your suite and found it to be comfortable and clean. We like to ensure that our guest’s stay with us is one that is relaxing and memorable and so I am thrilled that you enjoyed your “girl’s vacation” with your daughter.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague in the near future.

cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in early May. Great location for visiting the British Museum and a nice location generally with the hotel backing onto Montague Gardens. The hotel is very traditionally styled. Staff were great. Room on the snug side but that's London. Just one slight criticism in that the hotel has lovely outdoor dining and drinking areas and the weather was great while we were there but our enjoyment was slightly spoiled due to a neighbouring hotel having a very noisy air con system. Not the Montagues fault but they ought to try to get it sorted.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back look over the gardens
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments following your visit to the hotel.

I was sorry to read that your time spent in our outdoor areas was disrupted by a neighbour’s air conditioning unit. I can confirm that we have highlighted this to the hotel and they have now replaced the faulty unit.

However, I was delighted to read that you still enjoyed your time with us and felt that the staff were great and the location was nice.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We spend a 3 day weekend at this lovely hotel on a city trip to London.

What a nice place, such friendly service and polite people working there.
Nice and cleab rooms, lovely conservatrie to enjoy breakfast, dinner or just a drink.

Very helpfull concierge as well, willing to do that extra little thing that makes your stay beter than good ;-) highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback following your stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that you found the rooms to be nice and clean and that you were able to enjoy the conservatory.

Thank you also for your comments that the staff were friendly and helpful, especially our Concierge team. Your positive words are most appreciated and I shall ensure that your lovely praise and thanks is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I spent our wedding night at this charming, brilliantly located hotel 5 years ago. For our anniversary we went back. We had a magnificent suite of beautifully designed rooms, with an especially comfortable and large bedroom. Room service and bar staff deserve especial praise for their attention to our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your recent visit.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing to spend both this and your wedding night with us at the Montague. We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am pleased that the staff paid attention to your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for Two nights this April. Where to start!
All the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. The room was well furnished, comfortable an clean, with no traffic noise from outside.
Breakfast was a pleasure, with the added bonus of being available till 11am on the Sunday.
The garden together with the attached attraction of a cigar bar were a must.
The location is superb, short walk to Covent Garden, Tottenham Court Rd and within touching distance of the British Museum.

Can't wait to go back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in April and were happy with your room which was clean and comfortable. I am equally pleased that you found breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro to be a pleasure, especially the extended service on Sundays.

Your kind words that the Cigar Terrace is a must are most appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back to the Montague on your next visit to London.

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!