“Quite magnificent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #9 of 1,049 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Quite magnificent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I spent our wedding night at this charming, brilliantly located hotel 5 years ago. For our anniversary we went back. We had a magnificent suite of beautifully designed rooms, with an especially comfortable and large bedroom. Room service and bar staff deserve especial praise for their attention to our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your recent visit.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing to spend both this and your wedding night with us at the Montague. We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am pleased that the staff paid attention to your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,

Dirk Crokaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for Two nights this April. Where to start!
All the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. The room was well furnished, comfortable an clean, with no traffic noise from outside.
Breakfast was a pleasure, with the added bonus of being available till 11am on the Sunday.
The garden together with the attached attraction of a cigar bar were a must.
The location is superb, short walk to Covent Garden, Tottenham Court Rd and within touching distance of the British Museum.

Can't wait to go back

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in April and were happy with your room which was clean and comfortable. I am equally pleased that you found breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro to be a pleasure, especially the extended service on Sundays.

Your kind words that the Cigar Terrace is a must are most appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back to the Montague on your next visit to London.

Yours sincerely,

malibu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

On our way to Paris, my husband and I treated ourselves to a night at the Montague on the Gardens. This charming, hotel with impeccable five star services was a delight. Our room couldn't have been quieter (a rare thing in London) with beautiful garden views. we didn't hear so much as a passing cabbie. The service was on par with the Ritz or Crillion in Paris maybe even better. They truly live up to their motto that no request is too small. A real gem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments following your visit.

I was delighted to read that you found the Montague to be charming and a delight. I’m so pleased that you were not disturbed by outside noise and your stay was a peaceful one.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and feel passionately about our motto ‘that no request is too large, no detail too small’. It is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed an entire week with my boyfriend and we have no regrets what so ever. The environment is beautiful, a lovely garden, huge bedrooms and "a British Vibe". The food is delicious and I am not talking about the wonderful buffet for breakfast, which really pleased my boyfriend. The staff is very nice and whatever you asked, they would try to do it for you. Overall very nice experience and I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We have not been to the spa, neither the swimming pool so I am not able to grade them.
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback regarding your visit.

Your kind comments about having no regrets following your stay with us are most appreciated. I’m pleased to read that you found the hotel to be beautiful and you liked the ‘British Vibe’ of the hotel.

I’m thrilled that you found the staff to be nice and you enjoyed the food including breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro, I will pass on your feedback to all the staff. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is first class all the way. The rooms are quite small, but still comfortable. The king beds are comfortable. The bathroom was very nice too. The shower from the ceiling was pretty cool. It felt like being in a warm rain shower.

The full English breakfast is very good. There are so many different choices and all of it tasty. The best part of this place is their customer service. I've stayed in over a hundred hotels around the world, pre-Tripadvisor days. This one is in my top 5 of all time. The workers are friendly and very helpful. They remember your name and do everything they can to help the guests. The concierge provides stellar service. I had difficulty scheduling a massage at a spa. They spent a couple of hours and helped me secure it. Another example is a specific drink I asked about. I wondered if they knew about it and where to buy a can. They not only knew about it, w/o prompting, they went and bought two for me so I didn't have to go search for it. This is what I call service!

I did a little digging too. We asked one of our favourite workers about how they liked working at the hotel. It was no surprise to me how well management treats them. For Christmas (or maybe Boxing Day) the employees were treated to a theater show. Other little bits of information on how the employees are well treated surfaced in my conversations with other staff. This just goes to show, companies who treat their staff well will have happy employees. Happy employees treat their customers very well.

This is definitely a place I would recommend to all my friends. The quality of service, food and convenient location are all stellar.

Room Tip: We were in room 201. Even though it faced the street, we never really heard much noise from the str...
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at the Montague and you found the bed to be comfortable and you were happy with the shower facility.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that our Concierge were able to assist you with your massage booking. We like to ensure our guests are comfortable and have everything they may need or want so I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy your preferred drink during your stay.
We are very proud of our staff and I shall ensure that their hard work is duly recognised and that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to them.

As we rely on word of mouth referral, your kind offer to recommend us to your friends is very much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our recent stay at Montague on the Gardens was very memorable
Neither of us, have ever stayed at a hotel which exceeded our expectations in every way
Our welcome on arrival was truly amazing.
Head Concierge Mustafa El'Omari - welcomed us warmly and under his direction , we sipped fresh orange juice in the foyer while all details were taken care of Our room was larger than expected and very comfortable and quiet
All of the staff were polite, competent and warm in their welcome We quickly felt and home and were sad to leave - feeling this really was a home away from home
Breakfast in the hotel was most enjoyable - the care taken to keep all food piping hot and very fresh was very noticeable (to a standard I haven't experienced before)
While difficult to single out staff for special mention - the standard being so uniformly high, Adele was the one who excelled with friendliness, efficiency, and who made us feel very comfortable (and at home) with her warm yet personal approach
Situated next to the British MUSEUM with very easy access to underground stations, make it a wonderful location
Thank you to everyone - we would love to return

Dear guest,

Thank you for the time taken to share your lovely feedback.

I am delighted that your stay with us at the Montague was memorable and we have exceeded your expectations. We constantly endeavour to surpass our guest’s expectations of service and it is always wonderful to hear that these efforts are noticed.

We are extremely proud of our staff who aim to make our guests feel at home and comfortable during their time with us to ensure their stay is one that is memorable. It pleases me to read that the staff were kind and helpful, especially Mustafa and Adele. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We really enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Montague in April. The hotel staff have found the perfect balance between professionalism and friendliness and their attention to details is evident as soon as you walk in the door. The hotel has a wonderful feel - the lounge areas are cosy and welcoming. We felt thoroughly spoilt during our stay!

Room Tip: Our room was small but lovely. If you have a lot of luggage or are there for a longer stay upgrade t...
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you felt spoilt during your time at the hotel and found the lounge areas to be so cosy and welcoming.

Here at the Montague we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. Your kind comment that we have the perfect balance between professionalism and friendliness is most appreciated. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!