“Terrific staff made the stay special” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

Save Saved
You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #6 of 1,062 Hotels in London
England
“Terrific staff made the stay special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay again, drove to the hotel, parking etc all taken care of by Mustapha and his team, the staff as usual were charming and very efficient. A lovely place to stay, highly recommended for both location and facilities.

• Stayed February 2013
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments following your stay with us.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations. I am pleased that Mustafa and his team were able to assist you with your car and you found the staff to be charming and efficient. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to everyone.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
sheffield UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am currently enjoying my second business stay at The Montague. I visited for dinner with my daughter last week at the hotel's Blue Door Brasserie and was so impressed by the warm welcome, comfortable surroundings and good food that I cancelled my original hotel and moved over for my last 2 nights and am back again this week! I have stayed at many hotels both for business and pleasure and this one has something special.
Congratulations to all the staff for making this hotel one of the best for business or leisure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that you chose to spend the rest of your time in London here at the Montague after your dinner in the Blue Door Bistro.

It is so pleasing to read your kind comments about the staff. Our staff aim to make our guests’ stay one that is memorable and ensure that they have everything they need whether they are travelling for business or leisure. I will ensure that their service is duly recognised.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your stay and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were guided to this hotel by friends, just by chance and we are really glad that we stayed!
The hotel itself was superb in every way and suited me down to the ground, comfortable, clean, relaxing, everything I needed and more than I expected!

The staff were beyond great, and in my opinion, were up with "The Best" I have encountered. Nothing was too much trouble and they were there when you needed them, just the way it should be!

The room we stayed in was very, very nice, spotless and comfortable, faultless really.

The restaurant/breakfast facilities were also excellent and during our brief stay, we had chance to eat both dinner and breakfast and both were without fault.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay and whenever we travel to London we will stay here again and for us now, London means the Montague.

The only thing I really disliked about the Montague was having to leave!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback following your stay with us here at the Montague.

I was delighted to read that you very much enjoyed your stay and you found the room to be clean and comfortable and our restaurant the Blue Door Bistro to be excellent.

We are very proud of our staff at the Montague and I am delighted to read such kind and complimentary comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the staff.

Thank you for your kind comment that ‘London means Montague’ I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Worcester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Thank you to all the staff at this fabulous hotel. Everyone is extremely professional and yet warm and exceedingly welcoming at the same time. Nothing is too much trouble and attention is paid to every little detail. This is one of few Hotels where the quality of staff, service, food and hospitality matches the exacting quality and beauty of it's building and location. Extremely good value for money. Just a pitty that the rooms are a little on the 'compact' size.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us here at the Montague.

I was very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique.

However, I was delighted to read that you felt our staff were professional, warm and welcoming. Our staff take genuine interest in our guests to ensure that their stay with us is one that is comfortable and memorable and so I was delighted to read that you felt nothing was too much trouble for them.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Was my 6th stay in the hotel and the 6th time ought to rank it as perfect in everything. GOOD HEARTY BREAKFAST, excellent, understanding and always willing to help (even beyond standard expectation) concierge Jorge. Clean rooms. Perfect location. Always some promotion program, e.g. 3 nights for 2. The restaurant is the only feature that falls a bit beyond the level, though not bad.

Room Tip: Junior or master suites almost always have some promotion program recommended to look for when booki...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations once again.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro and that our staff were always willing to help, especially Jorge. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed onto him and that his service is duly recognised.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our recent visit to London included stays at two hotels, one being The Montague on The Gardens. The Montague offers a warm and inviting setting and a staff that is happy to match their humanity to the physical attributes of the property. I would be remiss if I did not mention two "stand out" staff members: Jorge and Johal. Both went the extra distance to make our visit special. Boutique in feeling but full size in service, this hotel is a true winner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback following your stay with us here at the Montague.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that Jorge and Johal made your visit extra special. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the individuals concerned and that their service is duly recognised.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This was our third red carnation hotel in London we have stayed in and they all have the same great staff,
Very helpful and friendly and the position of the hotel is great, short walk to Coventry garden, Oxford street etc.
The room was very well presented and clean and the turndown service a nice little bonus.we have stayed at the Rubens
And hotel 41 both different to this hotel but still can't fault red carnation ...... It's the only way to sty when in London
And as we take regular trips there we will only use these hotels!!!
Once again great hotel

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,

As regular and much-valued guests to Red Carnation Hotels, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague or one of our sister hotels in the near future.

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!