“Weekend break in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

Save Saved
You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #8 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Nottingham
“Weekend break in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and myself made a return visit to The Montague on the Gardens recently. It was lovely to be welcomed back as "old friends"
From the moment we arrived at the hotel everything was fantastic. The staff could not be more helpful, nothing appears to be too much trouble. So rare to find this in London hotels. Many thanks for three wonderful nights.
Excellent breakfasts to a well stocked bar, and comfortable rooms make for a great stay.
We cannot wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: The garden facing rooms are quieter, but the road at the front is not noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback following your stay with us.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the breakfast and found your room to be comfortable. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that we have exceeded these once again.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This really is a fantastic team of professionals at the door and the front desk: considerate, friendly, knowledgeable. The room was charming, the shower was excellent, lots of water and hot. Turn down service had lovely touches. Problem with the plumbing however, that wasn't resolved after 3 days, and couldn't get the heat to work without a lot of fan blowing hot and cold. But would stay again, although in a different room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us.

I was disappointed to read that you had some issues with the plumbing and air conditioning during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. If you could kindly contact the hotel directly with the room number I will ensure my Chief Engineer investigates this further.

However I am delighted to read that you found the staff to be a fantastic team of professionals and that you enjoyed the shower and found the room to be charming.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was the third time we had stayed at the Montague and as always the staff from the reception to the housekeeping are so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Our room was spotless and the tea and coffee filled up twice in the day.
Its such a delight to arrive back in your room at the end of a evening to find the bed turned down and a chocolate on the pillow.
We spent a lovely couple of hours in the bar with a real Friendly bar staff that my wife thinks make the best margaritas in town.
The hotel is in a prime location for visiting all the major tourist locations and has a very good restaurant, but if you wish its also close to plenty of places to eat.
And we will soon be making our forth visit to the Montague

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback following your stay with us.

As regular and much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations.

Our staff take genuine interest in our guests and so I am thrilled that they were able to make your return visit just as welcoming. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed the bar and especially our Margaritas. I shall ensure that your kind comments and thanks are passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Tempe, Az.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were in London to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. Our travel adviser selected The Montague and we're awfully glad she did. It is a relatively small and intimate hotel, well located for easy access to mass transit and the sites of historic London. I have saved the best for last--the staff--amazingly friendly, accommodating, and efficient. Special kudos go to Jorge. He was terrific in every way and made our stay especially enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments following your stay with us.

Congratulations on your 45th wedding anniversary, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay.

We are very proud of our staff at the Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to Jorge and that his service is duly recognised.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We just returned from four days in London and have never stayed in a more expertly run and comfortable small hotel. The service was flawless. The staff couldn't do enough to please us. Our room was small but very comfortable with lots of amenities, including cookies and candies at night. The breakfast buffet was very good. We loved being in Bloomsbury. The hotel is right next to the British museum and it's a short tube stop away to the museums and sites in Knightsbridge and Kensington. I don't necessarily travel to London to relax,, but this hotel was so warm and welcoming, that I almost couldn't wait to return each day to curl up on one of the comfy sofas in the lounge. Can't wait to make a return visit.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us.

Here at the Montague we like to make our guests as comfortable as possible and ensure that they have everything they may need. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be so warm and welcoming and that you were able to relax in the lounge.

I am thrilled that you also enjoyed the breakfast in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our "Classic King" room was mostly bed, but the decorating and cleanliness made the lack of free floor space a minor issue. Our room was on the front of the hotel and noise was never a problem (even New Years Eve). The location is ideal for exploring west London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to the Montague hotel.

I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the size of the room that was allocated to you. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this would have caused. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique.

However, I was delighted to read that the cleanliness and decor met your expectations.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife arranged a special Birthday weekend in London for me. The idea was to see the sights, take in a show, eat well and be pampered. This was achieved by the the Montague being the heart of the weekend. First of all was the location, we actually walked to most of the places we wanted to see - The British Museum, National Gallery, Covent Garden and especially the Theaters. Secondly was the warm and friendly welcome we received from all the staff at the hotel. From the moment we arrived and were escorted to our wonderful comfortable room. To the excellent dinner and the comforting bar in the evening after we came back from a long walk on a winters night. I cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough and we will be back again very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your stay with us.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that were able to make your special birthday weekend an occasion to remember.

Our staff take genuine interest in our guests to ensure that they have a welcoming and comfortable stay here at the Montague. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the dinner in our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro and that you were able to enjoy the bar in the evenings.

Thank you for your kind recommendation, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!