It was Boxing Day. We'd had a wonderful Christmas at the Montague, as usual, and were just leaving.
Then a woman who was just leaving herself suddenly felt unwell (she was 'great with child' so to speak). Immediately, the concierge said, "I'll take you to Accident and Emergency (or ER for American readers) in my car." So he went and got his car, and off they went.
I never knew what happened after that, but I imagine he stayed there with her, or at least until her friends and family arrived.
Some hotels might have called for a cab for her, or even an ambulance, perhaps, but not the Montague though. They looked after her themselves. Not because they're imbued with some kind of 'service culture', but because that's what they do. They treat people as people, and are people themselves.
It feels in retrospect like a new twist on a story I seem to remember reading somewhere, about 'no room at the inn'. Here, there is always room, so to speak. That's why we go.
Merry Christmas, then, and a Happy New Year.
- Also Known As:
- The Montague On The Gardens Hotel
- The Montague On The Gardens Hotel London
- The Montague On Gardens
- Montague On The Gardens London
- Montague Gardens
- The Montague On The Gardens London, England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Montague on The Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.