“A Class Apart” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Montague on The Gardens

Save Saved
You added The Montague on The Gardens to your Saves list
The Montague on The Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Montague Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 5BJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 1,073 hotels in London
Canada
“A Class Apart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Thank you folks, for a most outstanding stay! My wife and I stayed for 6 days in a suite, taking advantage of the "3 for 2" offer ... fantastic experience. The suite was absolutely great, of course. But what sets this hotel apart, is the SERVICE. Everybody seemed to know your name - everybody used your name when they saw you. Service was not just with a smile ... but with a smile, a bow and a very British sense of warm hospitality. Like staying in your close friend's home in the heart of London!
The restaurant is in our opinion, underrated and a real jewel - exquisite, hearty fare, reasonably priced.
Central location can't be beat. Tube station 4 minutes walk away. The British museum next door. Can't recommend this unique, outstanding hotel enough! Bravo!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your complimentary feedback following your stay with us.

Our staff take genuine interest in all of our guests and we try to make them feel as comfortable as possible and create that home from home feeling. It pleases me to read that we were able to provide this for you and that you enjoyed our restaurant, the Blue Door Bistro.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Montague in the near future.

2,219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel had a relaxed atmosphere with excellent service. From the moment we walked in until the moment we walked out we were assured of the best. The Lady suite was ideal with unusual, stylish decor. It is worth mentioning any special occasion as they will remember. My only mistake was missing the 3 for 2 night deal......my wife is still kicking me!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you found the ‘Lady Suite’ to be ideal. Here at the Montague we try and make our guests feel welcome and relaxed and so I am glad to read that this was recognised.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is how a hotel should be. Excellent service, beautiful decor, old world British, very comfortable bed, small room & bathroom but decorated perfectly for it's size. Great bar area, breakfast nice but run-of-the-mill. Great location, Highly recommend. Deserves all the great reviews.

Room Tip: Stayed in a street front room & never heard any traffic
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Montague.

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the service to be excellent, the bed comfortable and you enjoyed the bar.

I would like to thank you personally for your kind recommendation and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

From the moment I arrived at the Montague on the Gardens I was impressed with the service. The staff saw to my particular needs and requests in a courteous, thoughtful, and helpful manner. Really the service was ideal and far exceeded what I have experienced at any other hotel.
The room was a bit crowded with furniture for my taste. In fact, I found that the modern decor in the bathroom made the bathroom feel roomier than the bedroom. There was some minor problems with the drain of the shower, but the staff was quite attentive and it did not negatively impact my stay. The bed was very comfortable and location was ideal. My only disappointment is that I stayed just one night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us.

I was sorry to read that you experienced some problems with the drain of the shower in your room. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, I am happy that the staff were attentive and that it did not have a negative impact on your stay with us.

We are very proud of our staff at The Montague and it is always pleasing to receive such complimentary comments as yours.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

While in London I have stayed at a number of the large highly rated hotels. The sort that could be picked up and placed in any major city. Then there is The Montague on the Gardens, the hotel I preferred to book three times this year. My last stay this November I was reluctant to leave wishing I could make it my London residence. This hotel is a genuine British experience with unparalleled staff and accommodation. It is not a place to simply hang your hat but rather a quiet comfortable welcoming place to spend time and enjoy. It is especially well located if plans include cultural activities. It is across the street from the British Museum and in walking distance to West End Theatres and The Royal Opera House.

Room Tip: Every room is different and beautifully appointed. All I have stayed in have been quiet. Some face t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us.

I’m thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us again. Our staff take genuine interest in our guests to give them a memorable and comfortable stay, I’m glad that we were able to provide this to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

La Jolla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Montague on the Gardens is a lovely small traditional hotel located a few hundred yards from the British Museum (amazing museum with free admission) on a quiet street. Staff is attentive to a guest's every need -- it is the kind of place where everyone calls you by name. They have a nice separate area off of the bar for cigar and cigarette smokers. Also, they do take pets. Room was on the small side but very comfortable. The Bloomsbury area is charming with lots of good nearby restaurants and pubs of its own but is also a short walk to theaters and Picadilly Circus. Highly recommend this very English experience at the
Montague.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent visit to the Montague.

It delights me to read that you were happy with the service given by our staff, that you enjoyed the cigar terrace and found your room to be comfortable.

Thank you for your kind recommendation to others and I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

this is the place you are dreaming of! you couldn't feel more welcome in London: perfect location, perfect service. every single member of the staff did his very best to make our stay as lovely as possible. thanks to all of them, especially the concierges and Michel, the superb italian barkeeper! we're looking forward to our next stay at the Montague. see you next summer.

Room Tip: 106- a romantic, sexy room. small but olala.
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent visit to the Montague.

Our staff take genuine interest in ensuring our guests have everything they need to have a pleasurable stay and I am glad that this was provided for you. I shall be sure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed onto the Concierge and Michel especially and I will guarantee that their service is duly recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back next summer.

Dirk Crokaert

Been to The Montague on The Gardens? Share your experiences!