“Great hotel for London Break especially if attending a West End Show” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Mercer Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9HD, England (Formerly Radisson Edwardian Mountbatten Hotel) (Covent Garden)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy breakfast for less
Ranked #157 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salisbury UK
“Great hotel for London Break especially if attending a West End Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a great location at Seven Dials, very convenient for Covent Garden and most theatres. The room we had was excellent. Very helpful and friendly reception and bar staff and a great breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Mike & Julia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our wonderful hotel.

I am delighted to read your positive comments & I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Mercer Street for 2 nights at the end of July. I chose a King Deluxe Room. Check in was very quick and staff very helpful. They gave me a room on the 6th floor. The room was quite spacious which was a nice surprise for London hotels. Given I was on higher floors, I had a nice view over looking Covent Garden and the room was lovely and bright. There is free wifi. I was given a coupon to use at the bar too! Location was amazing as I could walk everywhere. AC worked fine even though the weather was quite hot. All in all, it was a great stay and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear StefW,

Thank you so much for providing such a lovely review of your stay with us here at Mercer Street.

It is a pure delight to read such nice comments about the team & the hotel in general & I have passed this feedback on to my colleagues.

At Radisson Blu Edwardian we strive to deliver the finest service at all times & I am always so pleased to see that our guests are happy with their stay.

I do hope that you intend to return to us in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you personally to the hotel.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

It is a rarity these days to see hotel staff smiling from their hearts (rather than through their teeth). The welcome was warm and the service impeccable throughout. A real gem of a hotel tucked away in theatreland. Radisson have got it spot on.

Dear Kossakk,

I was delighted to read your review of your recent stay with us.

It is extremely rewarding for the team to receive such positive & warm reviews and I have taken the opportunity of sharing this with the team.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your stay & I can assure you that we are completely dedicated to delivering the finest service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a fine hotel that really seems to try to be great. My biggest issue was that the AC simply wasn't equipped to cool off the rooms in a reasonable amount of time. My first room was tiny, like most rooms in large cities, and in 30 minutes the AC didn't lower the temp a single degree. They gave me a nicer room and the AC was marginally better. Fortunately it isn't hot that often in London.
Lots of positives: breakfast was amazing (combo of made to order and buffet), location in the theater district, helpful staff, Apple TVs.
Don't get a room facing the crown pub. It will be noisy until around 11p on any night when it isn't raining. Obviously, this isn't the fault of the hotel.
I will stay there again.

Dear LFPhileas,

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to review your recent visit.

Naturally I was disappointed to read your concerns regarding the air conditioning and although London did experience an unusually warm summer we do still pride ourselves on our cooling system.

I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectation in this particular area but I was pleased to see that you found our breakfast a positive experience and that you intend to return to our beautiful hotel.

I do hope that on your next visit I will have the opportunity to meet you & handle your booking personally.

Kind regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Firstly , this is a boutique hotel - so things are a bit compact but that apart it has everything I wanted.

Good location and a good bar/bistro that served honest food at a decent price. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. I was impressed.

Room Tip: The rooms on Monmouth Street side might be a little noisier
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at The Mercer Street hotel and for taking the time to share such a great review on Trip Advisor.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you had a good experience with us and that our hotel has everything you needed! Indeed, we are a boutique hotel which does mean that rooms may bijou, however the quality of service, décor and over all experience if far from small – we do everything we can to leave our guests with memories that last a long time.

Your comments about our restaurant Scoff & Banter are great! I couldn’t agree with you more, the food is delicious, reasonably priced and as for the cocktails, there’s nothing better than well made Bellini on our terrace during a sunny afternoon!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Dorset,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Really pleasant hotel just a couple of tube stops from Westminster. Smallish double room but nice and modern, clean and a good breakfast. Tube stop very close by, easy walk to museums and several good eating out places on the doorstep

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us at The Mercer Street hotel and for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you had such a great stay and I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. When you decide on a date for your return, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the hotel as I would appreciate an opportunity to get all your preferences to ensure you find your room comfortable and spacious.

It is also great to read that you enjoyed our breakfast! Chef and his team will be pleased to know that they provided you with a good start to your day.

Once again, thank you for staying with us – we hope to see you again soon!

Warmest Regards,
Beds England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night to attend a party at the nearby Mon Plaisir Restaurant, very convenient for Covent Garden and Soho, i would say recently decorated and very clean, pleasant and quiet , the concierge was very helpful and attended to our bags while we went for a stroll, a little more expensive than it needed to be but overall very pleasant stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for staying at The Mercer Street hotel.

We hope you enjoyed your party! I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our Concierge Team.

I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of assistance with making future reservations do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Kindest regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel? Share your experiences!