“Nice boutique hotel in central location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Mercer Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9HD, England (Formerly Radisson Edwardian Mountbatten Hotel) (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #149 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Valencia, Spain
“Nice boutique hotel in central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nice hotel, with stylish decor, comfortable beds (could do with nice pillows please). Great location in Covent Garden, so close to everything central. Downside is no parking on site but normally I suppose people are not driving.

Perhaps one complaint is that breakfast staff, though polite, were not very professional. I had eggshells in my scrambled eggs but no one seemed to care. We were only there 1 night so did not make a fuss. Not a big deal and will not stop me from returning.

Room Tip: We travelled as a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) and had to take 2 separate rooms as the only...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for staying with us here at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.

It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay. Your feedback regarding the breakfast has been passed on to our Head of Food and Beverage as this certainly is one-off. It is great to see you enjoyed the amazing location and found our beds very comfortable. With regard to the parking please note we have a NCP Car Park within 5 minutes walkin distance and also offering valet car parking.

Once again thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you soon again.

(Front Office Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked as 'secret hotel' through LM.com. Was apparently a deluxe (or maybe Superior) room, I say apparently, because we did wonder what warranted the title. The room was a fair size, nicely decorated, as you would expect, but the bathroom was tiny, hardly room to turn around in. Shower was nice though. Bed was only a standard double and was not particularly comfortable, which is probably the main reason we wondered whether this was indeed a deluxe room, because I would expect the minimum spec for a deluxe room would be a king size. TV had good selection of channels and picture was good.
We didnt eat at the hotel, so can't comment, but did have one drink in the bar - very expensive and wished we had visited the pub opposite.
A very expensive room for what it was in out opinion. Although its location was excellent for Covent Garden and local area and we would should expect the price to be high, this was not value for money and wished we had shopped around or stayed a bit further out.

Dear Guest,

It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay. With regard to the size of the room we have a whole variety of different room types ranging from Standard Superior room to Deluxe rooms and Suites. If you intend to book again with us please let us know so we can clarify in advance which roomtype you have booked to ensure you are fully satisfied.

It is great to see you enjoyed your stay and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back here at The Mercer Street Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed this week because we were going to the theater, and I have massivly mixed reviews about this hotel.
First was check in. When we arrived there was 4 people standing there doing nothing, and only one person looked up and greeted and smiled at us. This is who we approached to check us in, Nicholas was fantistic, happy friendly smily we felt like we had known him for years!
when we had left our bags in the room we went down for dinner and we were a little confused to be seated in what appeared to be the bar. When we asked the bartender, Elisha, she described the new concept that had reciently been brought in where there was no bar, no resturant just one space to eat, and drink, which was fine once we understood it, and she seated us, took our order and made us feel at ease. Somehow we ended up having 3 courses plus sides when all we wanted was a burger!! She was relaxed, but professional, asking us about our show and telling us directions. The cocktails that she prepared were fantastic and we ended up staying for hours, even once we had finnished our food. We moved to sit at the bar, where we could talk to her as it seemed that she was the only person working in that section apart from one boy, Raj who although seemed very nice, said he was new. I was a little confused about this as the other side had up to 4 different members on staff there, and it seemed unfair that Elisha was preping drink orders that kept coming through plus taking care of that whole side, whist still managing to be fantastic conversation about london and where we should visit before we left. At one point the teamleader (i remember her name was caroline or carolina?) approached and was very rude about the time it was taking for some tap water!! She talked right over us and did not even say good evening!! elisha moved the conversation to the other side of the bar and appoligised to us when she was done, however we were shocked that she seemed to have so much pressure put on her with no support from management. I will defo return to the bar just for her, however I did not think much about the other staff.
Moving on, when went back to the room and tried to take a shower, there was so much limescale on the head I had to clean it to allow water out. The night room service menu was small and nothing really eye catching so my partner walked down to mcdonalds. Other than that the bed was really comfy, once you worked out how to turn the tv on, there was a decent enough choice, our wake up call was efficent and on time. There was such a que for breakfast we didnt bother.
I would return however it would be a make or break situation. If We had the same problems I would not go back a thrid time., If the minor details were ironed out then I would stay more often.

Room Tip: no matter what youve booked, ask for an upgrade!!! if they have the rooms, they can do this comp. if...
Dear Guest,

It is great to see that you have enjoyed not only your stay but also your visit to our new Bar/ Restaurant. Your feedback has been passed on to Nicolas an Elisha which always works as a great motivator for our staff to go the extra mile. Your comments have also been passed on to the Head of Food and Beverage to be reviewed.

Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and i stayed there for 2 nights and were mightily impressed by this hotel. The location was excellent the room a very good size for central london and the price very reasonable.
We had room service and the food was excellent we wanted a cab it waqs waiting for us when we got downstairs as requested.
But most of all we loved the attitude of the staff. Bright,attentive,happy focussed and a real pleasure to deal with. I have to say so unusual for central London. I stay most weeks on business and i can tell you this is better than the majority of hotels and that includes the 5 stars

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Hotel, and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I could not agree with you more that our location is one of the best for central London, whether it be the theatre or a quick bite to eat your always guaranteed to find somethihng special and unique.

Speaking of unique we aim to make our guests feel welcome, not be normal standards but by the highest possible. All our staff know and understand what it takes to make our guests feel special.

I'm delighted you truly enjoyed the experience and were willing to share this with others.

kind regards,

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here twice so far, and both had been excellent experiences at the Mercer Street Hotel. The location is terrific, right in Covent Garden, perfect for first timers and regulars alike. Staff is very good as well. One of my favorite hotels in London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager-Mercer, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for staying with us here at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel on your last visit to London.

It is great to see how much you have enjoyed your stay. Your feedback has been pased on to the team as it is a great motivator for the whole hotel. Your review gives other travellers a chance to make an informed decision on their next London venue.

Once again thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon again.

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The weekend was a surprise wedding gift from my husband after a terrible year and i couldn't have asked for more. On the journey up i tweeted that i was looking forward to staying at the Mercer St hotel and received a response immediately wishing us a good stay. We parked at Heathrow long stay and the Picadilly Line runs direct to to Covent Garden and then its a 2 min walk to the hotel which is located on a small corner in a lovely central but quiet location.
The lobby is beautiful and gives a great first impression, and the staff were very welcoming. While checking in the receptionist asked the reason for our stay and on hearing it was a mini honeymoon we were upgraded to a suite on 7th floor!!!!
The suite was beautiful complete with walk in dressing room with lit make up mirror full size fridge and espresso machine and the bathroom toiletries were full size just amazing all round.
Room service was reasonably priced for quality of hotel and its location.
Breakfast was amazing everything on the buffet from cereals, cold meats and cheese to Yakult and smoothies. Also full english breakfast as well as the buffet!
The whole stay was amazing all the staff were helpful warm and friendly couldn't fault anything.

Dear Guest,

It is great to see how much you have enjoyed your stay. It is always the aim for my team to deliver memorable experiences, I am delighted they have achieved this in your case. Your feedback is a great motivator for my team to continue going the extra mile on a daily basis.

Once again thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback and we are looking forward welcoming you back soon again.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We got excellent service from the staff whenever we needed anything. The room was clean, big enough for us and had everything we needed. We requested a quiet room and got one from the 7th floor - and it was exactly what we had wanted. The view wasn't much to write home about but that doesn't matter. For me the hotel room is for resting, not much else.

The bar (&restaurant) downstairs was ok, we had a night cap there two nights. It was expensive but that's life. Service was again excellent and the selection was enough for us although we didn't ask for much. I can't say much about the bar other than that it was there, it was open when the pubs weren't and for around 10 pounds we got a glass of wine. =)

The best part about this hotel is the location. You've got all you (we) need right next door. Covent Garden and Transportation museum were 3-4 blocks away. Plenty of nice pubs nearby. Coffee shops, restaurants, whatever in the neighborhood. Hotel Chocolate just 50m away if you want to buy some delicious chocolate, Bar Salsa! about 300m away for some dancing, Leicester Square and Covent Garden underground stops both around 3 blocks away. Trafalgar Square within walking distance, Soho, Chinatown, West End theatres all around, Oxford Street a few blocks away etc..

To give some negative feedback (and the reason I dropped the last point from the review) was that the room was very cold. We turned the heating up all the way and still I was feeling quite chilly in the morning. Granted, it was a very cold March (it was actually snowing one of the days) but I'm still used to warmer places. I don't know how common that is in the UK. I've heard lots of complaints about the building quality and their obsession with rooms where snails can actually crawl through the house and you don't have to open a window to know what the weather is like outside, but I was hoping for more. If that's normal, then I'd give it 5 stars. Now it's only 4, and I'd still book the same hotel on the next trip.

One more note: I've no idea what the room rate was. I wasn't paying. If money is not an issue, feel free to go there. If it is, check the price and decide whether it's worth the price. If it isn't horribly expensive, I'd think you'd like it. =)

Room Tip: Only been to one room. At least 7th floor rooms were quiet. Everything about the place convinced me...
Dear Guest,

It is great to se that you have enjoyed your stay. As you rightly mentioned the location is perfect as we are very close to all the main shopping areas but also are located in the heart of the theatre land. Your feedback regarding the heating has been passed on to our maintenance team and we are currently looking at changing the way the A/C units are getting controlled.

Once again thank you very much for taking your time to provide us with feedback and we are looking forward welcoming you back soon again.

(Front Office Manager)

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel? Share your experiences!