“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel

You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Mercer Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9HD, England (Formerly Radisson Edwardian Mountbatten Hotel) (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #149 of 1,066 Hotels in London
San Francisco, California
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is seems brand new. The weird thing is on the second floor the hallway to the rooms has weird stairs. Make sure to let the bell bring up your bags. The locations is great, next to shops and bars with only a short walk to great food. The theater is also very close. The underground is also close so you can go and explore any area you want.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager-Mercer, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Edwardian Blu Mercer Street hotel and that you found the location to be great. As you rightly pointed out we are located close to many attractions which London has to offer and within the hassle and bussle of Seven Dials area. I was also delighted to read your comments and passed the praises to my colleagues who are striving to offer excellent customer service at all times.

We look forward to welcome you back in near future again.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Ulverston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stopped at the Mercer street radisson while attending a weekend course in London. The check in was pleasant and quick and the over all appearance of the hotel public spaces of the hotel are very nice. The location around Covent Garden is loverly and feels very safe.

Room
Nicely decorated room which was spotlessly clean. There were a couple of problems
1) The bed was not a double it was large single bed
2) The wall mounted TV was far to small for the wall and the room.
3) No desk or work space. There was a large circular table and comfy chairs, but the chairs were too low to use the table
4) I prepaid for the movie package but there wasn't a great choice of on demand films

Food.
1) I ordered room service one night. It was delivered promptly and was delicious
2) Breakfast was a bit of let down. Fried eggs that had been over cooked (so no runny yolk) on each day, tinned mushrooms (which I hate) and bland sausage. The bacon was really good quality though.

Overall, it should be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you overall enjoyed your experience in our hotel. Your comments have been taken on board and will be reviewed. I certainly agree with you as the location could not be better since Covent Garden feels like a little village in all the hustle and bustle in London.

We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My mother paid for my partner and i to stay at the hotel for my birthday. Great area, and the hotel and room look great. Unfortunately our experience was let down by the terrible service we received.

Firstly the hotel advertises their great "next generation technology" allowing you to connect iphones/ipods to the tv. When we arrived our TV was not working, the whole screen was pink. Clearly this had not been checked before we arrived. After immediately reporting it to the hotel staff it was not replaced until late the next day (over 30hours after it was reported).

Then the next morning, we went to breakfast, knowing the that my mother had pre-paid this, and this was confirmed at our arrival. We were told that it hadn't been paid for, so we had to go back to the reception staff who again conformed that it had been paid for, and let the breakfast staff know. They nicely apologise, and even the manager came to apologise for the mistake. Unfortunately the same then happened the next day. You would think that once the manager has been involved that there would be some communication.

In addition to this hassle at breakfast, when checking out the staff said then told us that breakfast hadn't been paid for and tried to charge me. I informed them of the previous hassle and they said "we will sort it out later". I presumed that this at least would mean that they would check with the manager, however a couple of days later i noticed that they had charged me for it.

In addition to this shocking lack of communication we asked the reception staff for some coffee as our room only had tea, and this was never replenished, and there was no hairdryer, again after requesting one.

For any hotel you expect staff to be able to communicate, but especially for a hotel in which you are paying premium prices.

.Also there was no hairdryer. I paid for their breakfasts separately. However at breakfast they were refused admittance. Emabarrassed and upset she phoned me, I was on a train to meet them. I phoned the manager who took them to reception and they discovered it was paid for. Blow me exactly the same thing happened at the next breakfast. I am amazed that a hotel, which brags , so much about its Cutting Edge Technology, cannot communicate with itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn from your review that you did not have had the experience you were hoping for, The issue has been brought up with my Food and Beverage team as there has been a breakdown in communication. Further I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with regard to the Apple TV system.

Please feel free to contact the Senior Team at the hotel if you intend to make a future booking so we can make sure you have a hassle free experience.

Cheltenham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff and very nicely appointed and clean room.

One major problem for me though - I booked a superior double room expecting it to be a reasonable size - as in all of the room photos I saw. However the room turned out to be very small - only just about big enough to move around the bed.

By it's decsription I would have expected a superior room to be superior to some of the other rooms available in the hotel - it turns out that this is not the case. In fact these are the cheapest rooms. So as the room is not superior to any other rooms in the hotel - PLEASE DO NOT REFER TO THESE ROOMS AS SUPERIOR- as they are in fact INFERIOR to all other rooms types.

So as a word of caution, do check the room size before booking.

That aside, the hotel is very good but as I'd booked this as a treat for my wife's 50th birthday I was very disapointed.

Room Tip: check the size of your room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Edwardian Blu Mercer Street hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the room which was allocated to you was not big enough, please be advised that we do offer a wide variety of room sizes and you are always likely to find a great promotion on our Radisson Edwardian website.

I look forward to welcome you back once again in the near future.

West Midlands, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

all of the refurbishments have certainly made this into a hotel I would revisit. There was a problem with the initial room we were given, but we very quickly moved and upgraded to a lovely room. We actually left some clothes behind in the first room, but we were really quickly re-united with the clothes.
The only down side was one of our party having a full glass of red wine spilt down his back, yes it was a mistake and yes they apologised, but I don't feel enough was done to resolve the ruined T-Shirt

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-Mercer, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that overall you have enjoyed your stay here at The Mercer Street Hotel. My apologies for the issue wit regard to your shirt - I have brought the issue to the attention of my F&B Team as well as my Front of House Manager.

If you are staying with us in the near future please let my Front of House Manager know so we can ensure you are definitely looked after and your Bar experience won't be spoilt a second time.

Preston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was the second time I have stayed here and unfortunately had problems this time. It took twenty minutes for reception to find my booking even though I had the booking reference code. The rooms were not ready although a 1pm check in had been requested. During the night the door 'technology' failed and so the door bell rang repeatedly from 3.30 - 4.00am. I had to open the door as there was no safety catch or spyhole which I consider to be potentially dangerous. It finally stopped when I pressed the snooze button. A green light then flashed in my sister's room from the aircon grill all night. What a nightmare. I am disabled and was ill that night and so all of this was beyond a joke.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service provided by our team - I believe we since have been in contact and the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. It certainly is not our standard that it takes 20 minutes to find your booking and the issue has been resolved in order to avoid it from reocurring. With regards to the the faulty doorbell I would like to further apologise and this issue has been fixed.

Please feel free to contact the Senior Management of the hotel if you wish to make a booking in the future so I can personally ensure your stay will be flawless.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at 11 am and was able to check in early, room was upgraded but still fairly small for the price, but was beautifully appointed. Large comfy bed, big pillows and a very hi tech tv combo which I can never get my head round. If only I was a teenager then I could probably understand it.
Great service, great location, my first visit to this hotel as I would normally stay in Leicester square. This would be my hotel of choice for future visits.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the newly refurbished hotel to be immaculate. We do pride ourselves in the cleanliness of the hotel and we appreciate your comment. If you do have a chance on your return please try out our Dial bar and restaurant which serves exquisite Modern European cuisine and the most delightful cocktails. The Entire Mercer Street team look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel? Share your experiences!