“GREAT LOCATION !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 - 36 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LH, England (Leicester Square / Shaftesbury Avenue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 20%
Ranked #200 of 1,075 hotels in London
st helier jersey
“GREAT LOCATION !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a 5 day stay recently ,the staff were excellent ,very helpful,resturant food was very good , no need to eat out really. bedroom was very comfortable ,and kept very clean , good views of Leicester SQUARE.
iT IS A GREAT LOCATION to get to shows ,covent garden ,etc . We would stay again when we next visit London.
Jersey Folks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you chose the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel and thank you for your wonderful comments.

The team at the Hampshire do take pride and joy in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback.

Whilst we are still not quite the finished article, it is very satisfying to learn that our hard work and efforts are making huge strides in the way we delivery our customer services. I'm so pleased with the positive responses and extremely proud of our development as a team.

Your comments will just motivate us more to work even harder

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and I hope to see you in the very near future.

1,039 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night at the theatre. Perfect location, fantastic view of Leicester Square and really comfortable room. The service at check in was excellent and staff very friendly throughout our stay. Cannot comment on food as we we did not eat in the hotel. We had a wonderful stay and would stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on your recent stay in London.

We appreciate your time you have taken to post this review which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I'm extremely pleased with service your received from my team and it makes it that much sweeter when displayed on public forums.

Once again, thank you for your comments and If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

New Braunfels, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked this on one of those lastminute secret hotel deals for 150gbp. I have stayed in several lovely 5 star hotels in London this way but this was the worst. Great location but the room was shabby and there was nothing luxurious about it. No power socket by the bed and only 1 on the desk.

The room just had the feel of a cheap hotel. Try the May Fair of the Intercontinental if you want 5*

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you kindly for staying at the Hampshire Hotel of late, The team and I are very grateful for your feedback.

I have to agree with you regarding our location. It is second to none!

The Hampshire Hotel has a long history attached to it, the building originally housed the much acclaimed Royal Dental Hospital many years ago. Whilst many improvements have been made over those years some of the layout of the building has remained the same which goes some way in explaining why some bedrooms are larger than others.

Whilst design is a very subjective issue, I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms at the beginning of the new year.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do sincerely hope that we will have the oppportunity to serve you again in the future.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stay at this establishment a reasonable amount during the year for work reason, i run forums at this hotel quarterly. I often take the Penthouse (conference room) to run my roundtables and the views of London are spectacular, and with a day delegate rate very similar to other hotels in london, without the quality and elegance of this hotel it is well worth the money. My room was over looking Leicester Sq which was wonderful, and with Capital FM radio in the square several celebrities were coming and going, which made the stay a bit more special. The room was excellent, nicely appointed and suprisingly quiet. The food was excellent be it brealkfast, lunch or dinner with great service, even though it can be pricey and there are so many great places to eat in the West End. All in all a great venue and hotel...

Room Tip: Overlooking Leicester Square is excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an experience for our guests whilst in our hospitality. I have shared your review with my team and we are extremely delighted.

At Radisson BLU Edwardian Hotels, our motto is to make people feel special with a genuine "Yes I Can" attitude. I'm extremely proud that we have ticked all the boxes.

The comments we receive from our customers are the main reason why we come to work on a day to day basis. You have just made our day just that much brighter.

Love the headline note!

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback and I hope to see you in the near future.

Darlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Right on Leicester Square between the Odeon Cinemas and opposite the theatre ticket office. 5 minutes from Chinatown. For a London hotel the room was a good size and comfortable. We didn't eat there but there are a ton of restaurants close by. The only quibble I have is that on checking in we were offered a free Times (or Independent, I can't remember which) only to get a Daily Mail delivered which they then tried to charge me for - but they took it off the bill when I complained.
We used our Radisson points - we probably wouldn't have paid for it with money as there is another Radisson close by which is a bit cheaper, though with smaller rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thanks so much for staying at the Radisson BLU Edwardian, Hampshire Hotel.

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted to see that overall you had a good stay with us.

Indeed our location is much talked about, an amazing base to explore as a tourist but equally an ideal location for Whitehall, The Strand and of course Haymarket and Pall Mall all of which are key business districts surrounding the Hotel. Theatre is a big draw here in the West End and from the Hampshire it is possible to walk to just about any of the big ticket shows and stroll back late in the evening!

Once again, thank you for staying and we hope to see you very soon. Please feel free to contact me at any stage as I would be delighted to assist you with your future reservation plans should you be returning to town as we have very favourable rates at present.

Best Wishes.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Whenever we are in London and looking for a little respite from the hustle and bustle we pop into the Hampshire Bar for a couple of drinks or afternoon tea. When all the other bars in Leicester Square are mobbed and you cant get anywhere to sit and rest. The Hampshire bar is an Oasis of calm.Polite and courteous staff. Always makes a visit to London that little bit more special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding our Restaurant and Bar at the Radisson Blu Hampshire Hotel.

The bar hardly gets a mention on this site so I'm extremely pleased you have started the ball rolling.

From the 10th May 2013, we will rolling out a new menu, please do come along and see what you think.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you real soon.

Best regards

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here around a year ago, and we were so impressed that we never thought about staying anywhere else for a return visit to London - it was not cheap, but we had such a great time last time that we wanted to do it again. Thankfully, the experience this time was as good, if not better.

We (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed for three nights. The room was large enough that we didn't feel cramped. Unlike some hotels that offer 'family rooms' where the kids have to share a double bed or sofa, thisntime around our kids had their own beds, which was nice. The bathroom was large too - in fact, larger than our bathroom at home! The styling of the rooms is perhaps a little dated, but it is all perfectly functional and suits the general decor of the hotel. Everything worked as it should including, importantly, the free wifi (a must these days - we won't stay anywhere that doesn't offer it). Although it is not the world's fastest connection, my kids had no trouble watching YouTube videos and otherwise surfing the net. Given the location, we mostly ate out so I cannot comment on the dining, but did have room service one evening which was fine (both in terms of taste and timeliness). But when staying here there is so much choice right on your doorstep that it should not be a big factor in choosing to stay at this hotel. The staff we encountered were efficient and effective - there was nothing special, but certainly nothing to complain about.

It surprises me that some other reviews complain of noise. One reason we like this hotel is that we have found it very quiet. My wife is a light sleeper and I feared she would find the location too noisy, but on both occasions she has been amazed about how quiet it is - even when you look out your window over Leicester Square and see thousands of people (and we were staying one evening when a new movie was premiering at a cinema in Leicester Square, with an appearance by the stars), we have never failed to get a good night's sleep.

We will happily come back again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London.

It is even more pleasing when you have acknowledged our service efforts as we have been working very hard as a team to ensure we personalise every stay to every guest.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and your continuous custom. I'm very pleased we could play a part in making your trip special once again as well as keeping the children entertained with our free wifi!

Hope to welcome you back to the Hampshire Hotel in the very near future.

Simon Wong

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel? Share your experiences!