I had my doubts about staying at the Novotel Waterloo since it was much more modern than hotels we usually stay at, but the hotel was extremely comfortable. We had an executive room which was very large by European standards, with a view of the London Eye and Lambeth Palace. The beds, including the fold out sofa for our son, were very comfortable. They had just started free Wifi during our visit, which came in very handy. The was not a great amount of natural light but the room was very quiet considering it sat on a major roadway
The location was excellent, with a seven minute walk to Lambeth North tube station, and a ten minute walk to Westminster Abbey or the London Eye, It is on the south side of the river so it was quieter and cheaper than the north side.
Our travel agent arranged for us to have a free breakfast, which was very nice. The breakfast buffet was excellent, with a large choice of hot and cold foods. I do not know if I would have paid 15.99 pounds per person for it, but it was very good.
We had dinner one night in the restaurant and the phone was very good and the prices reasonable. We hung out almost every night in the lounge, which has full food service and a good drink menu.
The staff of the hotel was really what raised this hotel from "very good" to "excellent" for us. A multi-national staff, they were extremely knowledgeable about the area and anything else we asked about and seemed very happy to help. I think there was exactly one staff member in the course of 8 days who did not greet us with a smile.
Olga in the dining room started every morning for us with a beautiful smile (and amazing hot chocolate.) Sarah at the front desk check us in and out with efficiency and was extremely helpful. Laura and Signorina Piccolo in the bar/lounge (sorry, I forgot her first name) were absolutely charming and skilled. While they stood us for our family, all of the staff very attentive.
We have found our place to stay to stay in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just one step away from the River Thames, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and minutes away from the London Eye. Enjoy a fantastic stay in our spacious air-conditioned bedrooms, with an exceptionally comfortable Queen size bed, en-suite facilities, LCD TV, large desk and a laptop size safe. Some rooms offer amazing views of the London skyline. Be tempted by our varied buffet breakfast and our tasty international cuisine served in our Elements Restaurant. Sit back and relax with a cocktail in our Elements Bar. Up to 2 children (under 16 years) can stay free (with breakfast) when sharing a room with adults. Access to kid’s play corner, an Xbox console, Vauxhall City Farm and other family friendly activities mins away. Unwind in our In Balance Fitness and Wellbeing centre, complementary for our guests. Convenient links to the heart of the city within walking distance to underground stations, bus stops and city rental bikes. On site paying car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Novotel London Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Waterloo Hotel London
- Accor London Waterloo
- London Novotel Waterloo
- Novotel London Waterloo England