“yummy prawn tempura hand rolls on brewer street” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ten Ten Tei

Ten Ten Tei
56 Brewer Street | Soho, London W1F 9TJ, England (Soho)
020 7287 1738
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,370 of 17,929 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Soho
Neighborhood: Soho
London
“yummy prawn tempura hand rolls on brewer street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Enjoyed a quick lunch here and opted for their hand roll selection (4 ice cream shaped rolls, £11,90). Yummy and fresh with lots of flavour. The prawn tempura one was super good as the batter seemed fresh too. Other 3 were salmon, tuna and I think 1 eel (surprisingly tasty). Friendly service, authentic vibe. Only small niggle was that the very ends of the seaweed on the rolls went a big soggy quickly. Otherwise very good indeed!

Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Food was excellent and service was very good also.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The title says it all, my friend recommended it to me but we went on a Sunday and they were closed so I had to make another trip to go on a Sat, and this time, without disappointment! The staff was friendly and helpful, helped in ordering food and checking availability etc and constantly green tea supply (free I believe). One thing that I was not comfortable about was we had to sit at the table next to the stair way to down-stairs and the boss was constantly checking on our table, I believe he just wanted to make sure everything was OK and it was.

I would like to try many different things on the menu because their food was so fresh and tasty. The price is reasonable and I am willing to pay a bit to have nice food, good service and fresh ingredient. All fine to me and will return for sure.

Very glad to make this choice to visit!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Great restaurant, great food, great staff - just great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've been going here for over 12 years now, it still has the same manager and chef. The food is great and fantastic value for Japanese food. The set menus give you more than enough to fill you up with delicious Japanese food at a good price.

The decor's a bit dated, and hasn't changed in 12 years, but that's part of the charm. Having visited Japan, I can say this is pretty genuine Japanese food!

Only complaint is the toilets are not the best in the world!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“little place of eastern Heaven in central London...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

As we were thinking about sushi and our poor wallet, we stumbled upon Ten Ten Tei.
The staff was very nice and accommodating with the pushchair.
As we sat down we got served a cup of green tea without requesting anything. The cups were refilled during the meal, no question asked either...

As for the food my friends went for sushi and I went for the £11.80 Miso-Ramen Soup lunch Set (big bowl of ramen plus big bowl of rice and 6 (?) gyozas) It all tasted great, the ramen were perfectly cooked and the gyozas extremely fresh (and burning hot).

All in all it's a great place that can be massively busy at lunch time, it's cheap enough to leave with a full belly and a happy wallet!
Will go back, will talk about it (obviously) and will enjoy it...

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
England
“Delicious and affordable Japanese food in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Every time we visit London we visit Ten Ten Tei. Their set lunch/dinners are incredible value and the sushi/sashimi is top quality but they don't just serve sushi - you will find a plethora izakaya type dishes on the extensive menu as well. Great food, friendly service and good value - highly recommended.

• Visited January 2012