“Great Name, Pants restaurant.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3,769 of 17,997 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French, Brasserie
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Threadneedle Street is a firm favourite in the area and the perfect venue for business lunches and client entertaining. A bustling bar, friendly professional service, great French food, and an open kitchen for a little added drama, make sure it stays this way. A mezzanine level with booth seating can be hired for meetings or special events. The a la carte menu changes with the seasons using the best, freshest ingredients on offer whilst the breakfast menu offers classic dishes with a Brasserie Blanc twist.
“Great Name, Pants restaurant.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Booked a table for 8, three weeks in advance, arrived on time with 7 guests, but they'd lost the reservation & after a painful 8 minutes,,,,, oh, that reservation, unbelieveable!

Ok, here's the honest food review, nothing special.

The mussels, bland, no flavour & grey, no plump fresh orange beauties waiting to burst open in your mouth 3/10.
Chateaubriand x 3, cooked well & as ordered, after the mussels, I was pleasantly surprised & then like the song, they went & spoilt it, 1 person to carve the meat, by the time they had got to the the third, yep, you guessed it...cold ;0( and then served on a cold plate ;0( 4/10

What a shame, I think raymond needs to get off the TV & back in the kitchen.
Date of visit 26.10.12

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Once again, not "very good". Just good, but above average.

Great view of Covent Garden! That may qualify the restaurant as a tourist trap, however the service was very nice and the food was good.

The only let down with the food was the the fries smelled and tasted of old oil.

I guess this is a restaurant you stumble upon, and tries on chance. Not anything you would book in advance and go for a special celebration or something like that.

It is a step above the standard luncheon restaurants and chains around Covent Garden, and I would not hestitate to visit again.

Prices are above average, I would guess.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Wow, just wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went in for 2 courses on the pre-theatre menu, and stayed for 3. Having watched the recent series on tv, I was expecting good things from this resturant which promises fine dining on ordinary budgets. It simply blew me away. The menu I suspect changes regularly, but the options covered every taste, I suggest being a little daring with your choices, you won't regret it.
There is plenty of outdoor seating, which I imagine is lovely (it was raining when we went!). service is a little flakey, but still shows an attention to detail.
If you want a table at the weekend, book!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Non existent service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Three of us had a reservation for 1.30 and the staff could not find the reservation when we got there, although we had a confirmation. We waited 20 mins. to be given the a la carte menu, and also asked for the set menu. After waiting another 20 mins. and still no set menu we decided to get up and leave. The staff were not at all concerned that we had been so badly treated and will never go there again.

• Visited September 2012
Maidstone
“Threadneedle Street”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Have eaten so many times at Brasserie Blanc recently that I feel I should become a shareholder. But having raved about previous visits I have got to leave a poor review following my lunching at the Threadneedle restaurant earlier this week. Having waxed lyrical to my guests about the fillet steak they must have known something that I didn't because they ignored my advice and went for other things on the menu. I, however, went for the fillet steak which was fairly mediocre to say the least. Also disappointing was the service when compared to previous visits. On at least occasions couldn't find our waiter and had to go and find somebody else. Very surprising.

• Visited September 2012