“Perfect for a place to stay after a night out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Equity Point London Hotel

Save Saved
You added Equity Point London Hotel to your Saves list
Equity Point London Hotel
100-102 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QE, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Ranked #210 of 623 Specialty Lodging in London
London, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a place to stay after a night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at Equity point one weekend in September in triple private room. As it was just a place to rest after a night out it was absolutely perfect. We managed to get late check out at 1pm which was also helpful. They were fully booked that weekend so it is obviously a popular destination for travellers; given the location and price I can see why! Main downside is the bathroom is quite small.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Roughly 10 mins walk from the Lancaster Gate tube station, close to Hyde Park. Room for us 2 is small. We have our own bathroom, but it's small, too. For the breakfast, we have cereals, breads, eggs and drinks.

• Stayed September 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here as a part of a group booking, we had a room which was only for our group which was good, however overall the experience was average at best.

The rooms are small and awkward, they "provide towels" however this means you get one small bath towel which is pretty gross and worn out and no matter how long you're staying you have to pay 2 pound for a fresh towel. My stay was for a week, I wouldn't use a large towel for this long without washing it, yet alone a glorified hand towel.

The wifi is extremely expensive and useless. For 9 pounds you'd think you'd get more than 90kbs. It took me over 20 minutes to upload a 3-4mb file. It seems to drop in and out, google searches can take a minute or so or fail over and over for 5 minutes. Loading my emails even in gmails slow load option was a struggle.

There is one elevator/lift. It has a 3 person maximum and even then, without luggage, 3 people barely fit. It's slow and on any floor except the lobby you aren't given an indication of where the elevator is currently. The stairs are narrow and steep, which I guess they can't help as it's an old building, however the way they've refurbished it makes it even worse. I get dizzy and almost fall down the stairs most days, it's a rare situation where down is worse than up.

The bathroom is odd and the shower runs on a button system that shoots really hot water at you at the start then adjusts, one push lasts for around 30 seconds, so you have to remember to keep pressing it so it doesn't die and then shoot high pressured boiling water at you again.

The beds are like boards, you aren't allowed more than one pillow. We had to ask for blankets.

I guess, overall, it was a poor experience.
I honestly was only going to leave a review to get a free coke or whatever the sign says downstairs, but then I thought about it. I've stayed in some pretty average places, but this is certainly up there for winning the average award.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street seem to be a bit bigger.
Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hostel is ok for a day or two. I stayed in a 8 bed mixed room, the beds were comfortable. We weren't given towels we had to ask and pay a deposit for them. Had to pay for wifi too. However we did have a free breakfast which was ok however nothing special.The bathroom in our room wasn't great either, the toilet seat was broken, the bathroom was very small and the door to open the bathroom was very loud. The location isn't great you would find many hostels with much better access to the main sights and attractions of London.
This hostel is not the worst hostel ever, very basic with the bare necessities which when you spend all your time sightseeing isn't so bad but considering everything you'd want from a hostel there are definitely much better ones in London:)

England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Pros:
It was in a prime location

The breakfast was ok

Cons:
Bathrooms were horrible, if you used them you came out dirtier than you went in and if you didn't get some kind of infection you should count yourself lucky!

Beds had weird stains on and members of the group i was with swear there were lice and they had bites and stuff, not good

Smelt of piss and bleach

Incredibly noisy with kids running around at all hours of the night

The staff were creepy, a member of security knocked on our doors in the middle of the night to which I opened it not knowing if there was an emergency to a man who had no reason for waking me up and i suspect if i had not been male he would have tried to come in!

Overall, don't stay here! there are much better places! for cheaper as well! Honestly no matter why you are thinking of coming to this place, reconsider!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stirling, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I visited with a school group and it felt like that was an excuse for substandard service. The lack of hot water our entire stay was not acceptable. One of our rooms had no electricity also, however, to be fair to the hostel, it did come on once settled in the rock hard bed! Upon leaving to go to the theatre in the evening, the teaching staff were waiting for our pupils and we were asked to move as only 5 people could stand at one time (there were 4 of us and it cannot have been longer than 5 minutes). The self important security guard proceeded to argue with the group leader and had a second, quite heated, argument with another teacher later when he was trying to shepherd the kids out of the hostel. The breakfast was fine but was a small comfort after a freezing shower. Overall, I will not be bringing a group here again and will definitely not be recommending.

• Stayed September 2014
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This isn't the worst hostel ever but it is extremely average. A lot of reviews say the location is good but even that could be better. They seriously need to re-invest some of the money they're making off this place back into it and do a serious make over. Cons in point form:
- 8 bed dorm has a staff member living upstairs on a balcony in the same room so it's even more than 8 people. Is that even legal?
- Bathroom door and shower doors in my room both need replacing. Both old and damaged, get stuck. Lock on bathroom door broken, pretty poor considering it's a mixed dorm.
- No bar or common area, no way to meet people except in room.
- families / school groups etc stay here
- Gross old carpet and furniture in the rooms
- One of the hostel workers asked to see my pass two separate days as I was coming in, even though he remembered me. As if I was some dodgy character trying to infiltrate. (I was dressed in corporate interview clothes on both occasions).
- They run out of blankets and expect you to sleep with just a threadbare sheet.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Equity Point London Hotel? Share your experiences!