“Don't get fooled by the pictures!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Equity Point London Hotel

You added Equity Point London Hotel to your Saves list
Equity Point London Hotel
100-102 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QE, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Ranked #189 of 692 Specialty Lodging in London
Cuevas del Almanzora, Andalucia, Spain
“Don't get fooled by the pictures!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friend and I spent 3 nights in this "hotel" last May. I chose it because I read on its web page that it had a nice big kitchen available to be used by the guests. That's the only reason I chose it, If I had known before that THERE WAS NO KITCHEN I would have never booked with them. When I asked the girl at the reception desk why I could not use the kitchen she told me that it was closed because they weren't allowed to open it, They didn't have permission to use it! So... I'm thinking now..... Was that false advertising!

We arrived late (because of our late flight) and once there, our beds were taken, we had no linen for us (we shared with 6 more people) and at the reception they just told us to sort the problem ourselves, waking the rest of guests up... just like that! I had to wait more than 15 minutes to get clean sheets!
Breakfast was unhealthy. The minumum quality juice, some cereals, or toasts were the splendid variety they could afford. There was a different receptionist everyday so if I have a problem with anything I had to explain all again and again. In our 8 people room there was a very very tiny bathroom which I didn't find it properly cleaned. (you can see a couple of pictures)
I have to say that there was this one Italian recepcionist who was really nice with us. At least, it was nice dealing with him because he tried to help as much as he could. He was really apologetic for the inconveniences.

All in all was a negative experience staying there. For that same price you can get a much better hotel, hostel or b&b... keep on surfing the net.
I learnt a lot from this. WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN.

It's a shame that my first review here is so negative :(

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Thai first
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The only good things about this hostel were the comfy beds and decent location. Staff were rude, told us there was a kitchen when there wasn't. No free Internet and more rules than my parents' house. Wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed June 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Breakdown:

Staff: Great Staff was very helpful and friendly! When they were fixing my booking they were very apologetic for it taking awhile and helpful! When the internet wasn't working on my comp they were helping me all the way till it was fixed! They were great overall!

The rooms: They are small so prepare to get cozy with the others in the dorms! It is hard getting around room and limited places to put your stuff! But they did have good lockers! Im a female traveling by myself and it so happens they put me in mixed dorm and most were guys. I didn't feel to uncomfy because most people that came were really nice and they were either there for travel or work so it was an ok vibe! I moved to female dorm for last two nights it was rather small as well but just fine! Each bed I had was fine and it was comfy. I also had a private bathroom in each room and it was small but completely functional!

The breakfast: The breakfast was pretty goof toast, yogurt, cheese, cereal, and tea. But it wouldn't hurt to add hard boiled eggs or some fruit! But overall just fine!

The location: Great location and neighborhood always felt safe! Right there next to Paddigton and could get to anywhere really on the subway!

Overall: It is an ok hostel to stay at if basically your going to be out all day like I was sightseeing and just need a place to sleep! But please be advised there are often alot of groups that come to the hostel so if your not into hearing them dont stay but overall the noise want to bad!

Room Tip: Tiny rooms but the female dorm is a little bigger!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Spent three nights @ equity point london, did not have big exectations regarding the really low price (paid ~ 30£/night, breakfast included although it was the cereal/toast/cheap coffee-version), and had a decent stay. Close to hyde park and paddington station. Not far from beautiful notting hill. Wifi 3£/day and phone/computer. Lots of young teenagers staying which can disturb a somewhat older visitor.

I recomend the hostel for anyone wanting to sleep cheap in london and yet stay close to the pulse in fantastic london.

Bradford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here for three day days with college and it was what the title says Rubbish! The lift can only hold up to three people, me and a friend were based on the fourth floor and because we were in a large group we didnt wait for the lift, there were loads of steps which were very steep and narrow and pulling a suitcase up wasn't easy.

Some of the staff were nice but others didn't seem that all nice, giving dirty looks out and were very strict. The WI-FI wasn't free it was £3 a day which is cheap. The room were very basic, in our room there was a huge stain on the carpet, and they advertise lockers which you can keep your things in when your out of the room but you have to pay for them to be able to lock them.

Was in a good location but the security guards were awful especially one of them, treat us all like kids. They have to remember that most of us are adults and are obviously not going to be quiet from 11pm.

Overall disappointed. Glad we only stayed for three days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here as part of a school trip and it was OK but far from amazing. Equity Point is an excellent location, within walking distance of central London and the surrounding area is fine. When we arrived at 4:30pm in the evening we were told we couldn't check in just yet but we could leave our bags in the common room, which later turned out to be unlocked, and so we headed into the city to go sightseeing. When we returned we were told to go down the narrowest possible stairs and into the breakfast room, where a member of staff told us the rules and took a £20 deposit off of us all. We were all assigned rooms however not all of our cards for the door were in full working order, and the room itself was tiny, given that eight people were all sharing. If anyone wanted to move around the room we all had to stay on our beds and the bathroom was so small you could be sitting on the toilet while washing your hands in the hand basin while washing your hair in the shower/bath. There was also a full length mirror in the shower ehich meant you could see yourself while showering, and the one window in our dorm did not open more than about an inch which wasn't great given we were all roasted in the room. The bunks also did not have ladders which meant you had to sort of jump and climb and haul yourself up onto the bed. The walls were also paper thin so it was quite difficult to get to sleep from the noise of other guests in the HOSTEL, (it is a hostel not hotel), but seeing as this was my frst time staying in a hostel I was expecting a lot worse but it was actually just about adequate. The beds were relatively comfy and everyone was given two pillows, a sheet and an itchy brown blanket but it was all manageable. Breakfast is available in the breakfast room and again it was just about standard, no hot food available bar toast, but a selection of brown or white bread, juices and cereal. Each morning there was a long queue to use the toaster grill which only lightly warmed the bread, and there was also no bowls provided for the cereal so everyone had to use cups. Personally I didn't find staff helpful, just under acceptable, for example when our shower stopped working and it was reported we were told sarcastically that "maintenance had just walked out the door" and they rhetorically asked each other did they know how to fix showers, which they then burst out laughing and said no, they didn't. The lifts also were not up to standard, with only 3 people allowed in at a time and it clanging as it moved up from floor to floor. Room service was a bit under adequate, with only the bins being emptied and it signed on the list on the bathroom door that they had been there. Overall I'm not sure if I'd stay here again, it was standard but it was far from amazing. At the end of our trip the deposits were returned to us, which we were all surprised art and is a plus I suppose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

States at this hostel for 8 nights in a 8 person mixed dorm. The rooms were quite small and there was nowhere to comfortably open up a suitcase without getting in someone else's way. The lockers were quite large, which was a bonus though. The top bunk is a struggle to get onto, with no real ladder and even more difficult to get down, I found myself having to jump down and hope not to hurt myself. Something i thought that was strange was the mezzanine level above our room which could look over and view nearly half of the room. I believe the staff or cleaners sleep there but felt a bit awkward when trying to sleep during the day with people up there. The bathroom was adequate in what it provided though there was mould on the inner parts of the shower and roof over the shower which needed removing. Also, if you did not jam the door of the shower shut water would go everywhere and completely drench the mat on the floor. The windows in the room could only open a tiny bit and let in a little bit of fresh air during the day. But had toilet paper jammed into the decorative gaps. Another downside was the copious amounts of school groups who would completely fill the lobby & entrance which made it difficult for other patrons to access the reception or enter or exit the hostel.
On a good note though, I found the reception staff to be extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Equity Point London Hotel? Share your experiences!