“Personality, Fun, Value” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Equity Point London Hotel to your Saves list
Agoda.com Travelocity
Equity Point London Hotel
100-102 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QE, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Ranked #213 of 580 Specialty lodging in London
Dallas, TX
“Personality, Fun, Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Equity Point has a great location (a couple of blocks from Paddington Station, near some very nice hotels that make it feel safe) and is a great value for the very modest price. The atmosphere is one of the best I've ever encountered in international hostels (and I've been to a few). It is a very high-volume hostel with large groups and people from ALL OVER the world. They do a surprisingly decent job at enforcing quiet hours, have reasonably good amenities (I would love free wifi/internet/towels, but I know better than to expect that in London), it's very clean and a lot of fun. The downstairs cafe/breakfast/lounge is very well-run and a lot of fun.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 4-woman dorm (2 of us) and it was very economical in terms of space, but had everythi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Equity Point are a hostel chain, and based on my experiences I would definitely check out their other hostels if I was in the cities they serve. The service is basic, as you would expect, but it is provided in a genuinely friendly manner by all the staff I came across, and by London standards the hostel was very clean. It's location in a rather salubrious part of town is perfect for Paddington station and will be even more so when Crossrail opens. The area is also very safe, so no worries about taking advantage of their 24 hour reception desk and coming back in the small hours. The breakfast and common room area is hidden away downstairs and I notice at least one other reviewer didn't even find it! It provides toast, juice, tea and coffee in the morning and is good in the evening for a game of cards, a coffee, a few beers (not available in the hostel, but you can bring your own) or to catch up on TV - unfortunately the WiFi is not inclusive. Bedrooms are fine and have an en-suite bathroom which in my experience makes them more pleasant than the communal ones you get in other hostels.

Only complaint was that when I stumbled back on my first night, I found my bed occupied - not as on a previous hosteling experience because somebody couldn't be bothered to find the right bed, but because it had somehow been double allocated. Anyway, the staff sorted me out with another bed promptly and apologised profusely.

Room Tip: The rooms either face out onto the street or overlook a quiet neighbourhood at the back. Definitely...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rio de Janeiro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed at Equity Point London and I have mixed feelings. The location is quite good, close to Paddington station (has lots of lines) and bus stops. Some of the staff were really nice and some were really rude.

First I shared a private room with two friends. The room was small, but ok.
Then I moved to a female dorm. There was no soap on the sink. I said that at the reception and they said they would take care of it, and nothing happened.
The next day I woke up and there was no toilet paper! I had to go downstairs and ask for more..!?

The computers are not for free and the wifi I think it's 3 pounds a day.
Breakfast is the usual hostel type and it's free. They have a bar, but it does not sell alcohol, you have to go to a supermarket and buy it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, and honestly it was worth the money.
The location is amazing, you're a few minutes away from the underground, bus station, pubs, bars, restaurants, fast food places that are all open past midnight.
In the description it says that it has a bar. Now, downstairs there was a common area (in the mornings for breakfast) and next to the common area there was *the bar*.

Note that this bar had no alcohol, only soft drinks and muffins. So that is misleading, but the bars and pubs in the area fix that.

The hostel is also very strict. For some this may be good, for some not. For example, after a certain hour, you weren't allowed to drink/bring alcohol in the hostel. You were also not allowed to eat in the rooms, that didn't stop my 2 roommates from actually ''cooking'' in there (electric stove and everything!).

Past 22 o'clock there is a doorman, who checks every person who goes in, he asks for your keycard, so people who aren't guests may not come in. (Again inconvenient if you invite a friend over, even if it's just to have a talk in the common area.)

But for the first night, I was there on my own, and these restrictions made me feel safer. (The drinking and doorman, not the eating.)

Overal, the staff is okay, it is okay clean, the bathroom is tiny, breakfast is very basic, the location is SUPERB, and it really is value for money. I highly recommend it to friends who are on a budget, but still want to close to everything, and to solo travellers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Located on Westbourne Terrace, which gives you a charming walk to and from your hostel every day. Close to Hyde Park and easy access to the underground. I used Lancaster Gate station to get on the tube and explore London. The hostel is clean and comfortable, no problems whatsoever, but there isn't a common area to hang out -- London is big enough to spend 90% of your time out and about anyway so this isn't a big deal. Overall, I was very impressed and I would recommend Equity Point London to friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Everything. staff was so rude from the minute we got there. I thought I was invisible for a moment. He could of at least achknowledge us by saying hello or something. He just sat there and I can fully see him on Youtube from the reflection behind him. Even an elderly man came in and was upset about something that happen before we got there. After we got his attention by saying hello first after 5 mins of standing there silently, he told us that our room was not ready. You can look in the security camera that the cleaner was busy chatting in the hallway, he knew that too and just started chuckling. We seen how they clean the room, they just sprayed some scented stuff on the smelly carpet to cover the scent and barely clean the washroom. When our room was finally ready, he took our payment, info and gave us the keys. Never explain anything else to us, we have to find out on our own that breakfast was included and ect.. For the price we paid, WIFI should of been included. OVERPRICE! I guess they just thought that we were just asian small girls and we don't know any better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a cute hotel located in a quiet neighborhood of London, but within walking distance to Paddington Station and Hyde Park. The staff are very friendly who are always joking and laughing. There are some nice chill-out areas and also a bar.

Only bad things: the room was very hot for two of the nights and the bathroom is probably the smallest I have ever seen!

Overall, good hostel by London standards!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Equity Point London Hotel? Share your experiences!