I had arranged a special surprise birthday treat for my husband's 50th and booked to stay 2 nights at another hotel, the Park Lane Mews Hotel in Mayfair. However, on the Friday night at 6.30pm we get a call on our mobile saying they have 'over-booked' and are moving us to 'the Knightsbridge Green' hotel. We expressed our concern as it was quite late and we were already on our way. The website had looked so nice we were a bit anxious about what was in store for us. On arrival our first impressions of the hotel were: no grand entrance just a shabby entrance hall, wallpaper peeling off, lift with open cables and a funny splodgy paint motif, no dining room at all and when we asked them about this we were told we had to eat our breakfast in our rooms and that it would only be continental - no cooked breakfasts at all (not our view of a 4 star hotel!).
They offered to upgrade us to a luxury double with a sitting room for the same price. We had a look at the room which was at the back of the hotel - no view. It had no paintings or luxuries in it apart from T.V. The furniture was a bit cheap looking and there were no table or chairs to sit on to eat breakfast - only a sofa. On hindsight it was fairly comfortable. We got 2 free breakfasts thrown in as compensation as well. The first one they pulled off brilliantly, however, the second morning they managed to burn the toast, croissants and ommitted any plates or knives!! Not exactly too much to ask of them!
We would say the location was excellent and we managed to see a lot of sights and we enjoyed the spirit of London, however sadly, I don't think we would ever return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the few remaining independent, boutique hotels, traditional in style in a historically important Victorian building which dates back to 1890. The Knightsbridge Green Hotel is ideally located in exclusive Knightsbridge, with Harrods, Harvey Nichols and other exceptional shopping, plus The Royal Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens on the doorstep. Our breakfast room offers a buffet continental breakfast with a selection of ham, cheese, breads and croissant, yoghurts, fresh fruit and a selection of fruit juices in a relaxing setting, which benefits from air conditioning and natural daylight; a perfect way to start your day in the City. Renowned for an excellent setting for a traditional English afternoon tea, we have a warm and welcoming, highly personalised style of service, in one of the very finest locations in London. We enjoy a truly international business and leisure clientele. Indeed, with a number of public transport services available close by, from double decker buses to Knightsbridge tube/subway, travel arrangements literally open up the City for trips to the City centre,Theatreland and top tourist attractions such as Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament,London Eye and Tower of London, to name a few. Open top bus tours can be arranged to thirty two tourist attractions and we highly recommend touring by cruising the River Thames along to The Tower of London and Greenwich. International visitors will be pleased to note Victoria station for connections to London Gatwick is just a five minute drive away and we are well positioned for car transfers to London Heathrow International airport. Our team can also readily assist with your transport arrangements to London City, London Luton and London Stansted airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Knightsbridge Green Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knightsbridge Green London
- Hotel Knightsbridge Green
- Knightsbridge Green Hotel London, England