“Saw the reviews- but was pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Euro Hotel Queens

You added Euro Hotel Queens to your Saves list
Euro Hotel Queens
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   122 Church Rd | Crystal Palace, London SE19 2UG, England   |
Ranked #931 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Saw the reviews- but was pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Good old tripadviser, what would we have done without it!
I was going to a wedding within walking distance of this hotel and there is nothing else in that area to stay at so after reading all the reviews on tripadviser prepared myself for staying in ' the worst hotel I have ever stayed in'.
Not to be, I phone the hotel directly to book the room, no problem, £85 for two on a Saturday night with parking, a room on the 5th floor - so as quiet a room is ever going to be in London, with a nice view. Blackout curtains, air conditioning and a comfortable, firm bed and clean room.
I have never written a review on tripadviser but have made the effort with this one just to point out that most reviews on Tripadviser will possibly be bad ones and not from people who have had a ok stay. I experienced none of the bad things pointed out in reviews, just a good nights sleep in a value for money, clean hotel.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel and not a travel website and ask for a room on the 5th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Hotel Queens, responded to this review, July 19, 2014

Regards
Pritam KOTIAN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Terrible experience. First, we got a room in the ground floor facing the street (which is OK for me). But it was very hot inside. We first tried to see if the radiators were working, but not. We talked to the staff in the front desk, and they sent a handy man who told us the only option was to open the windows so he put a chair to keep it open (see attached picture).

We asked for a different room but they said it was not possible because we had already taken the room (how could we know this in advance??)

We had to sleep with the window open (so anyone from the outside could easily get into the room).

The next night, we got a different room, better but still very warm.

Room Tip: If immediately after opening the door, you notice is too hot, try to change it immediately.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Hotel Queens, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter, But would appreciate if you can contact me directly to discuss this further on 02086536622 or Pritam@eurohotelsgroup.co.uk.

nottingham england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked a twin & a single room at this hotel for one night. I was given the card key for the single room, opened the door to see a naked lady sat on the bed. I don't know who was more surprised. On returning to reception I was given a key to a second room, this time the security guard opened the door, had a quick look round & told me to go in. After closing the door I went to put my luggage down & to my horror there was a suitcase on the floor along with a few other things. By this time I was in tears, had to wake my sister & her partner to help sort the mess out. The staff were the most rude, unapologetic, disorganised, disinterested people I've ever met. I was offered £20 off the bill plus a free drink & breakfast. I ended up sharing a room with my sister & her partner in tears, too afraid to sleep by myself. The rooms are dirty, old, carpets are disgusting. The restaurant is a disgrace, the carpet has large stains on it. On a whole we had a night from hell in this place. I have stayed in better hostels. No one deserves to be treated so disgustingly.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed at the Euro Hotel in Crystal Palace on quite a few occasions whilst travelling in London. The rooms are fairly basic but clean and perfectly functional if you're looking for an inexpensive short stay in London.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Kind regards,
Pritam KOTIAN
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed in the queens hotel for one nights stay. 12/7/2014. When we arrived we were feeling positive as from the out side it looks nice. The staff in reception were very grumpy rather than welcoming. We were only using the hotel as a base for our trip to the city so we roughed it there for a night but never again. We had two rooms different sides of the hotel as we travelled with another couple. Room was very hot, air conditioning does not exist, they have fans on the wall that were very shabby and full of dust on the back. The paint work in the rooms looked like it had been done in a 10 minute tea break by a child. The toilet was not very clean, the bathrooms were in a disgusting condition with gaps in tiles that have been painted over. The smell of ammonia when we run the cold tap in the sink made us gag. All I can say is thank god we were only staying one night. We don't like being negative about about any business, this is not 3 stars. Sorry Queens Hotel but you guys need to pull your fingers out.

Room Tip: If you want to go to the city pay a little more and don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Rochester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel looks very nice on the outside but it's a different story on the inside!!

Parking spaces are shockingly small, beds are very uncomfortable, there is absolutely no sound proofing in this hotel!! I could hear floors creaking and doors slamming from 6.30am. The noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in by far!!!
Room looked run down and could do with a lick of paint.
I would never stay in this hotel again and couldn't wait to get of there!

Stayed July 2014

Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a week in this hotel. At first we thought it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews made it seem. Everything in the room was old and not very clean but we weren't expecting much for this price. On our fifth night we noticed bed bugs. We informed the hotel staff and were taken aback by their... lack of surprise. They must have known they gave us a bug infested room! Granted, we were immediately given a better room, but the general feeling of disgust remains. We both still have nasty bites and are paranoid that we might have brought some of the bugs home. I expect I won't sleep much until I make sure there are no bugs in my bed.

Room Tip: To choose a good room... choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pritam K, General Manager at Euro Hotel Queens, responded to this review, July 12, 2014

Pritam

Been to Euro Hotel Queens? Share your experiences!