“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Euro Hotel Queens

You added Euro Hotel Queens to your Saves list
Euro Hotel Queens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   122 Church Rd | Crystal Palace, London SE19 2UG, England   |
Ranked #940 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Clean room, fine if you just need somewhere to sleep! wardrobe had no door and the seat and table looked like they had been pulled from a skip. Staff were not the most pleasant i had come across and they did direct a fellow guest to our room to give us a dropped cashcard back. We didn't even try breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Windermere, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

When me and my husband finally find the room the card didn't work so we have to go all the way back to reception.Not fun.When we open the door first we get hit by smell of cigarette.Open window and find cigarette ash on the windowsill.Room was small no cubboard it have like a pole with 4 hangers for your clothes.Not good when you staying all week.Sheets where clean towels as well but no shelf in bathroom water was hot good presure.After shower water leaks for another 3 hours.But you can live with that.Only really bad think for me was tha you can hear everything from rooms next you above you so i was awake most of the night.We only go once for breakfast you get your tea or coffee there was some cereal and toast.So ok for us.If you want something cheap this good place to go.Too many stairs though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

At breakfast nothing and just salty bread and cereal with jam. Breakfast very limited. For the rest room just lacks good hairdryer Access to London in 40 minutes with the train station close enough opportunity to take a bus to get to it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

You can see by the previous reviews that this hotel is very tired. If you were paying less than £20 a night you would just about feel you paid for what you got.
There were some positive points: The room was missing a few amenities like teaspoons and a plug for the bath which were delivered quickly by the friendly staff. The shower is powerful and has lots of hot water. the beds were clean.

There were rather a lot of negative points however: the rooms are noisy as the walls are thin and corridoor noise means poor sleep. the floors are uneven and make you stumble going to the loo. The walls had mould growing on (see pics) and the fixtures and fittings were very tatty despite it saying on the booking that we had a double bed we had two singles. A hairdryer was £5 deposit and was covered in sticky tape to hold it together. The hotel isn't really near anything useful, you can get a £5 taxi to crystal palace tube or gipsy hill of pay £5.20 to park near either all day.

Best avoided despite the cheap proce it really isn't money well spent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Reading all the terrible rewiews I MUST SAY that I'm totally in disagree because they dont ABSOLUTELY refer to what I see in this nice hotel.. I went at the end of July for my fifth time. I tried a lot of hotels in London BUT they are or too much expensive or they are terrible!!!... This hotel is perfect for the kinda trip I usually do with my friends: the neighborhood is quiet and although it's a bit far from the centre, it's easily linked and in only 15-20 mins you'll be in Victoria Station...:-) the rooms aren't really comfortable BUT for the price they're damn perfect. The staff is friendly and the breakfast is right for the price! I do love the chairs and tables situated outside, they are perfect when you are with your friends. I'm coming back during Easter and I can't wait!! See you soon from Barletta's (Italy) group ;)

• Stayed July 2012
Tredegar, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I visited the queens hotel with my parents in the Olympic period, thought it was a reasonable price as hotels in central London were a bit steep. After a long walk up a hill, we finally arrived at the queens 'hotel' (if that's what you call it). As you walked in, the reception looked quite well,with a huge fish tank, we checked in and the staff were not very friendly and told us simply to follow the signs to get to our room, 929. We saw a lift as we were 'following the signs' but this lift didn't go to our 'floor' we had to go down about 6 sets of stairs,and walk through about 12 corridors. As we were getting further down, we reached a sort of courtyard just before our room, what a terrible hotel layout, I felt like I was walking through a maze! It took us 15 minutes to get to our room! The radiator was hanging off the wall, damp all behind the window and blinds. If this wasn't bad enough, out of the two days we stayed, in that so called courtyard,someone was smoking weed and the cleaner didn't say a word! After the long walk to the room, the card didn't work so we had to go back up and the manager didn't even say sorry! The so called breakfast was toast and a choice of value cereal, one of the members of staff who was doing breakfast came over to us and told us this was our last chance, all she had to do was put toast in a machine! I have never seen so many sets of stairs in my life! With laminated signs to top it all off. I strongly recommend you stay In central London. Do not stay here. I warn you now. If they offered me a free week there I wouldn't even accept it! I wouldn't give this 'hotel' 1 rating, I'd give it a zero! Worst hotel ever.

Room Tip: Do not go here.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
QueensHK, Hotel Supervisor at Euro Hotel Queens, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay. I am very sorry that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction and that our staff was not as helpful as they usually are. Actions will be taken to ensure similar situations will be avoided in the future.

I appreciate your personal opinion, though I must say I do think Euro Queens Hotel has a lot of character. It is an old but fully refurbished building and this may result in the rooms varying in size and structure. However the building is still a fine display of the architecture that can be found in this area and it is the main reason why many of our guests always come back to stay.

I would like to apologize for the maintenance problems you found in your room and also inform you that very soon the building work for our second lift will be completed. If you do decide to stay with us in the future I would like to kindly ask you to inform us of any problem you have during your stay and give us the chance to solve it for you straight away.

We are a budget hotel and our breakfast may be basic but we are trying very hard to compensate our standardized layout with an outstanding service.
I do hope you reconsider giving the hotel another chance as I am confident that we can exceed your expectations. Prior to making any reservations kindly contact us first so that we can oversee all aspects of your booking and make sure that everything is to your preference.

Kind Regards,

Alina Kotian
Hotel Supervisor
Luxembourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was smelly and the hotel didn't meet the expectations at all. Very cheaply decorated and the cleaning lady didn't even replace the dirty cups with clean ones. The breakfast was very poor, just cereals and/or bread with marmalade.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

QueensHK, HK Supervisor at Euro Hotel Queens, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not enjoyable and I would like the opportunity to better understand your experience and how I can give you a better impression of our service. I am convinced that we can do much better and I am disappointed that we fell short in more than one area. Please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime, should you wish to discuss this further. My email address is housekeeperqueens@eurohotelsgroup.co.uk. Despite your first impression, I do hope we will be given the chance to serve you better in the future.
Please accept our apology and thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Alina Kotian
HK Supervisor

Been to Euro Hotel Queens? Share your experiences!